Reviews for Santa's Little Helper
Long Live BRUCAS chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Aww

Who knew Alec could be so sweet and nice. He really did a special thing for Max and Logan.

This would of been good to of happened in the show.
BlueAngel137 chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
This is such a perfect story! Great storyline and wonderful characterizations. Together with everybody else I love that it's ("irresponsible") Alec who plans the cure for the virus AND succeeds!

Many, many great details in there - first of all a plausible solution to get rid of the damn virus. I love that M/L being so unhappy effects the other transgenics as well, love the idea of Alec cleaning the cabin and love that it's all "wrapped up" as a Christmas present. :-) Yeah, you definitely put a huge smile on my face with this story.

THANKS, Shy!
Mia chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Okay so I totally account for about a dozen of your hits, damn reloading firefox, damn sickly FFN! :-P

What can I say about this story…

1) You totally write Alec better than any of the so called, ‘Alec aficionados.’ He’s funny, he’s caring, you feel his empathy, his internal pain and you gotta love ‘Crap. All this angst, their ache for each other... hell, you could practically feel it in the air; it oozed out of them and brought everyone down, weighing down every transgenic as if they were all plague carriers, too...’

Such great lines, you get this kinda self-centeredness that Alec always tries to play off. About if it really is about how it all effects him because that makes it easier to handle than just being a good guy.

2) I love how you had him handle everything with such a crisp efficiency. Like going down a check list. 1. Cure Virus. 2. Clean Cabin. 3. Get star crossed lovers to cabin 4. Make sure they have enough alone time to get uncrossed. :-P

3) Great piece as always. Hell you even made up for the fact that contained very little ML. :-P

4) I think I want to see you write an Alec and Rachel piece or maybe Alec and Asha…Alec and New Girl. Hm I think I smell a challenge….
Moonlite Star chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
aww yay! :D That was sweet and heartwarming and...gotta love Alec.

It'd be interesting to see how Max and Logan spend their time together...being the romantic Logan is.
purplebunnywabbit chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
I don't know if there is anything I can tell you... expect that I loved it!
latenightrain chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
I've read and enjoyed all your stories, but just started to write and review recently. Alec's engineering the cure seems like the sort of thing he would do, while trying to appear to do it grudgingly (for everyone else's good). Perfect.
TigrouAngel chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
I read that the first time two days ago, when I was sightly tipsy and I actually cried because it was so beautiful.(Of course, reviewing in that stage would have been really embarrasing...)

Love this story!
Mari83 chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
I love the plot idea, that not only one of them is treated unknowingly, but both and then by Alec (which I can absolutely see and especially with your characterization but is a pretty (if not totally) new concept). And I love the sneakiness of Alec’s plan, the long-term vaccination in the cranberry juice (which I love especially and which somehow has something Bling-esque (Where is he anyway… don’t tell me you wrote a Bling-less story)), the way he lures Max away from work managing to give her such a sense of urgency without really telling anything.

"But the inside ... just as trashed as Logan’s penthouse had been, but with broken furniture and shredded upholstery rather than busted up computer parts and confetti’d electronics. Alec sighed, and got to work cleaning up the place."

I’ve never thought of White’s men also destroying the cabin, makes me hate them even more (And since it’s the family cabin now I wonder whether they showed up at the Cale mansion, too). It’s great to use Alec cleaning up the cabin to make us curious about the reasons and to introduce the situation after S2 in this universe (so nice that you got rid of the cult and brought Seattle back to half-normalcy).

"Crap. All this angst, their ache for each other... hell, you could practically feel it in the air; it oozed out of them and brought everyone down, weighing down every transgenic as if they were all plague carriers, too... "

I love the shift of perspective from the effect of the virus on Max and Logan to those around them, makes so much sense when at least Max is under constant observation.

“Alec said that...?” Her anger erupted, and she strode back to get in Alec’s face. “Well, what he told me was that you suddenly needed back up here, no details but we needed to drop everything and get here now to get your back...” Her words, though directed at Logan, were spat full force into the handsome trangenic’s face. “

Max reaction is so great and perfectly Max, how she goes from tense, worried defending Logan stance to nearly strangling irresponsible Alec for seemingly playing with her feelings. (I’d say the last is an exchange just like in S2, if it hadn’t such a negative connotation)

“...so, I can hang out at your place, pick up the newspaper, water the plants, watch for the Bat-signal..."

Just the idea of Alec babysitting the penthouse makes me laugh, he just seems out of place.

And I really like your characterization of Alec, as a loner somehow who’s well aware that other people (and especially Max) don’t have an exactly igh opinion of him and how he brings Max and Logan together and then leaves to the empty penthouse, keeping his distance.
Dutch chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
That was the greatest Christmas present for Max and Logan. I loved the fact that Alec was the one who came up with the plan. I for one do like Alec as a character. He added a little comedy to season 2. I believe strongly that Alec was never meant to be a love interest for Max. She only had eyes for Logan.
Maria656 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Good story and nice use [and appropriate] use of Alec
lisa316 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Ahh, I feel all warm and Christmas-y now. That was great!

A cure for the virus, just what we all wanted. And delivered by Alec as he was meant to be, the cute, pain in the ass little brother.

Seems right to me that Alec would want to help get rid of the virus just to put Max in a better mood and make his own life a little easier. He was all about path of least resistance. I wouldn't be too surprised if he also did it just so he could bring some girls up to Logan's apartment while he was away.

Wonderful characterization all around, with beautiful wording and attention to detail. The kiss made me grin and the whole thing made me happy. Just occured to me that this story fits three of my secret Santa requests...so I'm claiming it as my own (just like those gift exchanges where you can swipe somebody else's present).

Thanks for this.
annie200 chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Aww that was truly, wonderfully festive. And you even allowed Alec into it!
Griever chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Ha, a new title (although I prefer the old on better, probably because I have a slightly warped sense of humour :P)

Such a wonderful insight into Alec's mind, and so sweet of him trying to make things right in the M an L department. Nice touch making their pain affect the others as well (God knows, it affects us fangirls :P)

And I still like the idea of confetti'd electronics and that predestined kiss.. You have a marvelous way with words )

Thanks for this !
jfg207 chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
That was great... A very happy and merry christmas for Max and Logan... A great present for both of them.

Great story... :)