Reviews for Kings and Aces
MoonTideMyth chapter 12 . 7/23/2008
Wow, I just read you story and it was amazing. I really think you should become an author! I would definatly read your books.

-Blue
Tenka-chan chapter 12 . 7/21/2008
Sorry I am once again late! I can't believe I missed two whole chapters! It's been a pretty hectic summer. Hope this isn't too late for ya.

Anyhoo, I absolutely LOVED this freaking ending. Making Black a Lord and giving Nicky what he always wanted was just the perfect ending to such an emotional roller coaster! Nicky finally gets to grow up and experience life; and xavier is finally aknowledged as the father and leader he is. And the fact that the war isn't completely over makes the story so much more profound. It's not like one battle can end such a long, far-reaching war. That just wouldn't be realistic. But by letting the war rage on on a more optimistic note, you've created such a happier atmosphere. A 'live in the here and now' mentality that goes along perfectly with Nicky's newfound mortality. BRAVO! I'm so glad you wrote this story; I'm glad I got to follow it from beginning to end (even if I was a little delayed on occasions!) and I really hope you continue writing winderful stories like these!

Tenka-chan chapter 10 . 5/29/2008
One of these days, I swear to you, I shall write an on-time review. ONE DAY! Just a quick heads-up, though. I'll be on vaycay til the end of next week so if you post the next chapter before then I'll try to get on it as soon as possible, but if I'm more late than usual, I'm probably just stuck in the middle of Podunk, USA with no Internet connection. /Shudder/ On to more important stuff.

“There’s Good versus Good and Evil versus Evil and Almost-good versus Almost-Evil, and everything in between. Sometimes it’s impossible to decide what good or evil is, or who is part of it.”

LOVED THAT. LOVELOVELOVE IT! It's really the whole theme of the story, or it feels that way to me at least. The notion that there is no distinct line between good and evil, and everything is a matter of perspective that depends on the individual's personal beliefs and experiences. Deep. Awesome. Love.

Once again, the internal conflict mixed with the external conflict makes for a great epic. And I have suspended any efforts of figuring out Lord Filthy McNasty's secret weapon. You are far too good at surprising me, especially in this story. Short review this time, since my rambling bone seems to have suffered some form of hairline fracture or something. Can't wait for the next chapter. Anyhoo, enjoy the beginning of your summer!

Blessed Me chapter 10 . 5/28/2008
this is a very interesting story. Keep up the good work and update soon!
Tenka-chan chapter 9 . 5/22/2008
Yo!

Sorrythis is late -again-. I was cramming for finals, and I mean F.I.N.A.L.S., as in "Fuck, I Never Actually Learned This Shit". Pardon my French (which, coincidentally, I just took my final exam in...spooky. Or, as the French would say, "Le Spooky")

Anyhoo, LOVED this chapter. I liked seeing the whole Kings and Aces thing come together. if you'll allow me to have a total nerdin' out moment: this chapter totally reminded me of the last battle in Lord of the Rings, the Two Towers, with all the fierce emotion, the fear and doubt and just when all hope is lost BADA! here comes the calvary. (on a side note, 5-hour energy does indeed work). Lovely battle atmosphere, tied in with emotional conflict. Very Tolkien of you.

And Kudos on graduating. My sister is also graduating this friday while I bawl my eyes out in the audience. I also may bawl my eyes out when this story ends. It's been such a great vamp fic, and it is so hard to find good _supernatural genre_ fiction that isn't chicklit, so you can imagine all the smut one has to sort through in the VAMPIRE section to find a good read like this. Anyhoo, I'm rambling again and should now close off this grammatically incorrect and probably typo-laden review.

Much Love and Congradulations! (Is it with a 'd'? I think it's with a 'd'...or maybe a 't'...)

sisalk08 chapter 8 . 5/13/2008
Ah! yay! good chapter! im sorry it has taken me so long to read it. I have been really busy tring to get things done for school in august. Ill be starting LSU! srry... Just excited! I hope you post the next chapter soon! o... do you have a facebook account?
Tenka-chan chapter 8 . 5/8/2008
HOORAY! Update! Hang in there Nicky, your daddy's coming! So very tense and heart-wrenching, this chapter, and in such a good way. That last line in particular was very excellent. In that one word, father, all the tension and heartache of the story was summarized and conveyed. Beautiful.

And OOH, who is this now? Reinforcements brought on by Granddaddy? Levi Lex, such a freaking awesome name. I can't tell if the name strikes me as good or evil. Maybe both? Like almost all the characters in this story, the grey factor comes up with him. I dig the grey factor. It's what makes this story so REAL, ya know?

Anyhoo, I love the introduction of Xavier's own father. And it's very heartwarming that despite their previous conflicts, Xavier's father came to his protection in the same way that he's coming to Nicky's. I also love Levi's addition because it humanizes Xavier, if you'll pardon the ironic expression. It reminds the reader that Xavier isn't omnipotent and that he too is someone's childe. Again, excellent.

Overall, wonderful chapter (as usual)! I can't wait for the big brouhaha (you knew that word was coming, didn't ya?) coming up. Great job and see ya next chapter!

sisalk08 chapter 7 . 4/21/2008
yay! new chapter! it really good! but very short! i hope u have the next up soon!
Tenka-chan chapter 7 . 4/20/2008
Okie doke, the last erview said 'successfully submitted', so we're going to attribute the loss of the original review to my computer retardation. On to more serious matters:

NO! Nicky's been brain-washed! And poor xavier is gonna go to his rescue and then be all 'I love you, son' and Nicky's gonna be all 'Who are you' and I think I know what Lord Filthy McNasty is planning and NOW I HATE HIM LIKE TEN TIMES AS MUCH AS BEFORE!

Mkay, maybe I should cool the spazziness for now. On the technical side, you did an excellent job of building up tension and setting the stage for Xavier's big brouhaha with Camus. (Sorry, 'brouhaha' is my favorite word and I couldn't resist the chance to use it.) I can't wait to see how the battle plays out and how Xavier will react to Nicky's being brainwashed. Angst and drama are like crack to me. Alrighty, I'm rambling again, so I'll wrap this up with an 'Excellent job' and 'can't wait for the next installment'!

Tenka-chan chapter 6 . 4/20/2008
Mkay, I KNOW I left a freaking review for this chapter, so why is it not freaking showing up. THis site HATES ME! ARG!

Anyhoo, I'll just repeat what I said earlier and hope this goes through. Me hate Lord Filthy McNasty. And me love poor Nicky for making a list to keep his willpower intact. And poor Xavier is running to the rescue, but can't help but wonder if his son will actually WANT to be rescued. Very heart-wrenching, and excellent transitions. It isn't easy to switch between two characters in different settings with the same conflict, but you pulled it off wonderfully! Excellent job and now I must pray that this shows up and move on to the next chapter. If it does not, then I'll have to try something else, though I'll feel kinda stupid for rambling on and on to no one like this. Oy vey. Well, great job and I hope this works!

sisalk08 chapter 6 . 4/1/2008
O! its starting to get even more intresting!1 I hope that dominic does not give into Isaac but weirdly, that would prove to be outragously intresting...I cant wait to see what happens next!
sisalk08 chapter 5 . 3/24/2008
Ah! great! I cant believe that he hasnt gotten out of there yet. But that is what makes the story great, huh? Thank you for finally putting it up. Cant wait for the next! Oh, and on the forth para from the bottom, you forgot the 't' in cant. just so you know..
Tenka-chan chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
Yay! What a wonderful Easter present! Would you believe that Isaac is actually one of my favorite names? Now I know I must stick to Lord Filthy McNasty.

Poor Xavier...he's lost his family and he's about to lose his son as well. I love that you made him lose so much as a human. It makes him more...humanized, if you'll pardon the term. My mind is low on vocabulary this morning. The point I'm trying to make is that I love it when authors delve into the past of the somewhat morally ambiguous characters. That way it doesn't pardon their actions per se, just explains them to a point. If that makes absolutely no sense, I apologize. Just know that I love the insight into Xavier's past.

I also love that you're making Nicky play along with Lord Filthy McNasty. Even though it's easy to see the character as a child, he's constantly making decisions that prove he's far wiser than his appearance leads one to believe.

All in all, this was a very informative and entertaining chapter, and it was a delight to read. Sorry for being incoherent...well, MORE incoherent than usual. Loved it and can't wait for the next installment!

Much Love and Colorful Easter Eggs!

Angelius Cullen chapter 5 . 3/23/2008
This some really good stuff keep up the great work. Plz update soon i cant wait for the next chapter.

if you can check out my fan fic its called Blood Ties. Read and Review plz.

oh and feel free to drop and cool characters you can spare or supernatural concepts it'll help me with my writting

update soon thanks
Tenka-chan chapter 4 . 3/8/2008
Ahh! Nicky needs an adult! Well, not necessarily, since Nicky is a wee bit older than 17, but my point remains valid! AND HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME IN SUCH SUSPENSE! You have clearly contracted 'evil-author-cliffhanger-syndrome'. Arg.

But, on a more relevant note, I love pouty Nicky was in this chapter. I loved the part where he almost threw the lamp; the mental picture of a cute little boy threatening a master vampire with a desk lamp just cracked me up. And then poor Xavier had get all strict with him. And THEN he gets visited by Lord Filthy McNasty! Poor little Nicky, he just can't catch a break anywhere.

Although I am sensitive to Nicky's plight, I so can't wait to see what remains of Lord Filthy McNasty when Dear Old Undead Dad gets through with him. (I'm kinda going crazy with the nicknames in this review, aren't I? Must be that two-liter of Diet Dr. Pepper I just drank...)

Oh, AND YOU CALLED HIM NICKY! I about died when I read that part! I love how Nicky hates being called 'Nicky'! It's just adorable! And I love when Xavier refers to him as Nicky, too! (I just keep falling in love with that guy.) Although, when Lord Filthy McNasty says it, I just feel like washing something.

Well, to wrap up this very disorganized review, I adored this chapter and can't wait for the next installment!