Reviews for Matchmaker II: Perfect Pitch
Mominator124 chapter 41 . 4/25/2014
I'd say "you can't stop here!" But obviously you can. :D

Hope to see the next chapter soon.

Mominator124 chapter 39 . 4/25/2014
The voodoo preparations must have taken a fair bit of research. It's wonderful when authors go that extra mile for their stories. They're more interesting, and perhaps we learn a little bit as we enjoy reading them.

I find it rather interesting, although perhaps not altogether unsurprising, that Erik's former home under the opera house didn't seem the right place for his altar. I suppose that a place that had seen so much negativity, and relatively recently, too, would not necessarily be a suitable site for the inner peace that seems to be needed to contact the loa.

Mominator124 chapter 38 . 4/24/2014
This sounds intriguing. I wonder what, if anything, might go wrong, and whether it would be a mere setback or a disaster.

Guess we'll find out in time. :D

Mominator124 chapter 37 . 4/24/2014
Sorry it's been so long since my last review. Big changes in RL. Eric (hubby) and I are now retired, we moved from California to Oregon, and it has taken MONTHS to box things up, take numerous trips to bring them up, then unpack them and find new homes for all the stuff. Even after all this time I'm still not quite finished. Only my office to go, but there doesn't seem to be any hurry since the rest of the house is done.

Anyway, I'm STILL loving this story and can't wait for the real action to begin. :D

Guest chapter 41 . 12/13/2013
Love the first part and now this. Great job.
Timeflies chapter 41 . 11/2/2013
Christine has finally told what she's worried about. Now the ladies will get the full story.

Oh dear, things are going to get sticky for Erik with the police. This ceremony could come in handy for him to create a diversion. It's going to be interesting to see what direction you'll go with things.

I know you've done your best to keep this ceremony neutral but still give us what is needed for the story. Another chapter please.
Llandaf chapter 40 . 10/20/2013
I took can't wait for the ceremony. I think i t will be most interesting.
Guest chapter 40 . 10/19/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
GRANDMA PAULA chapter 39 . 9/15/2013
JAXBOO chapter 38 . 7/2/2013
It seems like everybody is trying to keep everyone else busy while they do something behind the scenes in preparation for Christine’s ritual.

Sabine is a crafty one and I loved how she said that Erik was a musician so she planned to “give him something to dance to.” This whole thing appears like more of a test of Erik’s ability venture into the spirit world than it seems like anything that is going to help Christine with her very real world problems. Though, I’m sure this whole experience will be fascinating for both Erik and the readers, I’m still not positive that any of this will actually solve what is ailing Christine. A good bit of honesty and communication would be a better, if less interesting path.

I enjoyed how excited you made Mirielle in the next scene and how Erik’s reluctance to tell his wife all the details turned Nadir into more of his conspirator than his accomplice. Though, it was important for Erik to feel the shift in his ever-evolving relationship with his Persian friend by noticing that Nadir was no longer an Inspector or a follower, but a guide and accomplice in Erik’s mind. I also couldn’t help but be tickled by Nadir’s unease that The Baron might want to speak with him or Raoul instead of Erik. His sarcasm about the whole situation was very entertaining.

The imagery you evoked from Erik thinking of hallowed places and quiet was classic Phantomy goodness. Anais has given him some good ideas to think on, but I have a feeling that Erik will be very confident that he can pull this meeting off… especially after all he has been through in his life. I know Erik is going to great lengths to keep all this preparation from Mirielle, but I have a feeling that she will be doing her own preparations when she meets with Christine for dinner. Madame Vachon is too clever and wise to be left out of this exciting operation. I look forward to seeing where this whole thing leads!

Timeflies chapter 38 . 7/1/2013
Things are turning out so different for Erik. He has to change plans, to get everything ready for Christine's ritual. So much is puzzling me but I will patiently wait to see what comes next. Mirelle may not be so patient. She knows more is going on than she's been told. More please.
MJ MOD chapter 37 . 6/8/2013
what are they planning to do? something very strange i'm sure?
JAXBOO chapter 37 . 6/4/2013
I love how involved you make all three of these men in this voodoo ritual process and all of them are participating for very different reasons.

Even though you’ve been infusing this voodoo adventure with elements of excitement and interesting facts, there are some serious issues at the core of what’s going on. Christine’s happiness and well being hang in the balance and at the beginning of this chapter, you remind us that there is an element of danger here as Sabine warns Erik that he will have to “open your soul”. While Erik has talismans such as Mirielle’s love, Henri’s adoration, and Christine’s faith in him… he also has a past full of “agony and fear” and there is always a chance that a ceremony like this will open him up to those old wounds.

I do enjoy seeing these three very diverse men working together to come up with a solution to the logistics of the ritual. I also liked how everyone wanted to be involved at every turn, though I’m sure Nadir’s reasons are quite different from Raoul’s. While all this planning is going on, you do a wonderful job of lightening the mood by having Raoul remind Erik that he is actively spending time with a man who tried to kill him less than a year ago, so he is not faint of heart in any way. And of course there is Nadir looking forward to protecting us all from a “possessed Erik”… :-)

You made me feel giddy with Nadir’s high spirit of adventure and his casual flirting with Anais. He might be the only one who is really having any fun at this… well, him and Mirielle. I enjoyed the scene where Mirielle and Madame Aulin gave suggestions on how to keep Christine busy. It sounds like any one of those might do the trick. I’m sure Mirielle will have more good advice to give Erik once they can talk privately. Things are moving forward on this… please keep it coming!

Timeflies chapter 37 . 5/29/2013
The plot thickens as things move forward for Christine's ritual. Nadir is really into all of this and refuses to be on the sidelines. Raoul insists that he, too, will be right in the midst of it all. Nothing Erik says will drive the boy away. Muriel's going to get involved...more please.
Mominator124 chapter 36 . 5/27/2013
It's odd and amusing to see Erik - and the others - treated rather like naughty little boys. :D