Reviews for The Dear Hunter: A Christmas Tale
disneylove89 chapter 1 . 5/12/2014
Ok, you actually made me like Gaston! I really loved the way you told this story, the conservation between Gaston and Belle that gave reason for the way he acted, and his surprising gentleness and generosity. Really well done! (and yes, I realize I read a Christmas story in May, but oh well)
Book girl fan chapter 1 . 2/19/2013
That was really sweet of him.
civilwarrose chapter 1 . 9/17/2011
Oh, this was so charming and sweet! My favorite thing about this story is the way you described the village in BaTB in such vivid detail, and imagining it at Christmastime with the villagers celebrating. It makes you almost want to enter the story and the quaint setting. And what is more, every character mentioned here is very much in-character, you can totally imagine them, as well as original villagers that are fun and likeable! Of course I am biased, since I love Belle/Gaston when it is done in a probable way. It's so sweet!
charlemagnebrat1 chapter 1 . 9/5/2009
This is a v. pretty story. V. vivid, lovely characterisation.
2wingo chapter 1 . 12/26/2008
As beautiful as this fic is, It just reminds me of the difference between pathos and tragedy.
MeadowLark4491 chapter 1 . 10/26/2008
Wow...Belle and Gaston..who'da thunk it...Well done.
fanciful.thoughts chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
This was absolutely lovely! I don't really leave long reviews as a general shortcoming (sorry!) but I thought that this was simply too well-written for me to not say anything. Keep writing, you amazing person!
MarieChristine81 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Wow, what a sweet story! I just love it! Is there going to be more? It was very well written and the characters were very portrayed well. Thanks for such a great story!
Damian chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
::jaw drops::

That was magnificent! You write Belle and Gaston so perfectly and the world you create for them to inhabit is wonderfully detailed. I feel as though I got to know all the characters better through your words.

And the ending was so sweet. Congratulations, you are a truly talented writer and I only hope we get to hear more from you soon.

Damian.
bellamegs chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Brilliantly written! What a wonderful Christmas tale.
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
Wow, this was REALLY well-written! I love all the detail you put in about Christmas in the village - I could really SEE everything. I also love the way you got into Belle's thoughts; she was totally in character and you wrote her perfectly!

One TEENY thing I would have liked would have been if, on their walk, Gaston did something nice for HER. I loved the fact that she was softening a bit, it was wonderful! But it seemed just a LITTLE one-sided, you know? What would have made it perfect for me would be if he actually replaced her book - even though he hates books and thinks it's stupid that she reads them, still, even HE had to know she was upset when she burst into tears and ran off over it. It would have been nice if he'd felt a little twinge of remorse over that and made it right. Or, alternatively, if he'd noticed that her and Maurice's dinner was so sparse, and brought over a deer he'd killed so they'd have more to eat. Just something so that while she changed and softened a bit, he did too.

That's just one tiny suggestion, though. Overall, I LOVED the story! It was very in-character and beautifully written! I look forward to seeing more of your writing!