Reviews for Sleight of Hand
Nymfaea chapter 27 . 3/29
I'm adding this to alerts in the hope that you'll continue this story some day. Yours is the first story that's really got me hooked in a long time!
bearblue chapter 27 . 3/5
It turns out this wasn't quite the story I hoped it would be (or rather, envisioned). It is unique and once past the chapters with Grimmauld Place each next chapter improves. The characters, in my opinion, still make baffling decisions. But I'm going to chalk that up to *hands thrown in the air* Wizards! They have no need of money, so of course, Harry's going to work a blue collar job and Tonks is going to try to become a cop. :D! Of course. Wizard logic.

That said, thank you for sharing your story with us.
bearblue chapter 4 . 3/5
This chapter suffers heavily from characters making dumb choices.

1. Why is Harry cleaning house? He should be (at the very least) at Gringotts, with Sirius gathering his funds and goods and passports. At the very least. Sirius, if he was being useful, would make sure his pup had more than enough funds to get by. Neither Tonks nor Harry should have any need for impoverished living.

Also, Dobby. Dobby and Winky. They should and would go with Harry in an instant. Just saying. Neither Harry nor Tonks were actuall stripped of their magic, so Dobby an Winky would thrive.

More, there's no reason to expect a lack of privacy (unless they're incredibly stupid and stay in England, and even then, they could have any number of the adult friends ward their home. No reason to be entirely magicless if they'll think it through.)

2. Planning should include any useful magical item that they can use wandlessly. Deep pocket bags and trunks, all-weather coats/clothes, etc.

3. Planning should also include leaving England. Because England is not the whole wizarding world. They could seek asylum in France, take the truth potion to prove they had no idea about the Dementors, nor were they nearby to do anything about it. Remus, who has lived in the Muggle world, could drive them through the tunnel.

4. Planning should also include lawyers to sic after Fudge.

The list could go forward here, but I suspect you have probably figured that out from previous reviews. I'm not the only one, I'm sure, who thought the planning process (and actual thoughts about options) here was weak.

That said, the beauty of writing fan fic is we get better as we go, so now doubt your choices as an author would be much different now, but still, just from a characterization point of view, I am experiencing "what the heck!"

That said, you've actually received *far* more reviews than I normally do for any story, especially one like this. It's just I'm so intrigued by the idea that Harry and Tonks take up illusionary skills that I want to see what happens next, even if they're being astonishingly stupid about their decisions. I'll try not to be overly critical with every chapter and cut you some slack, for that reason. *sits on hands*
bearblue chapter 3 . 3/5
So, the set up is interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do, but they're acting as if ENGLAND is the only wizarding place in the world right now... They could head to any other European country (because the Wizenmagot is only British, not the IWC amd Fudge is only in charge of Wizarding Britain, not the world. In fact, is surprises me that Dumbledore doesn't even mention this to them, but maybe he's assuming that Tonks can figure this out. That said, while I can see the necessity of taking their "obvious," wands, why not provide them with some not traced hereditary wands via Sirius. I'm pretty sure the Blacks would have a boatload...), any part of the Americas, and probably do just fine, get a new wand (or other magical gear) and do whatever. Muggle transportation to a new destination, then freedom and entry into wizarding cities not on the island. No problem.

In fact, no reason they can't keep their trunks (or by September purchase new, deep space multicompartment trunks). No reason to not have any helpful magical doo-dads even if they can't do the wand waving. No reason they can't get themselves set up as well as they can.

But, I guess (and truly hope) they'll figure things out on the way... :) We shall see.
Smokeing chapter 27 . 2/19
I really like this story is very good I really like this story. I really hope you can finish some time I know how hard it is for some stories to continue and and beinteresting. Thank you keep it up.
crazyjim87 chapter 11 . 1/11
It has been a long time since the last you planning on continuing it? Please do so. I love this story and i desperatelly want to see it finished
crazyjim87 chapter 12 . 9/28/2014
This story is one of my favorites and i would like to read more of it but it hasn't been updated for some time. If you are planning on updating / not updating it please post a note saying it.
ElementalMaster16 chapter 27 . 9/16/2014
cool fic!

PLEASE UPDATE SOON! (_)
dogman999 chapter 27 . 8/5/2014
I have read your story over the past few days and I am impressed at how the story is working out. I hope that you will continue this story since you have not updated for at least a year.
AlexanderTheNightKing chapter 27 . 7/2/2014
great story really great the subtle magic by the stuff you are using is great because i am writing a book about it and magic since is a type of energy can go in any way from sword and shields to music and such so nice work on this one hope to see if finished and good luck on the ideas they are great
Guest chapter 6 . 5/6/2014
there is so much loop holes in this story. the general plot is good though. with a bit of cleaning, this could have been great. tsk
Sammyboy94 chapter 27 . 4/8/2014
Love it... Update soon
crazyjim87 chapter 27 . 3/28/2014
I would love to see the story continued and finished. This is one of my favorite stories Please continue it so thtose that love it and follow can read it till the end. Thank you...
Jonn Wolfe chapter 27 . 2/17/2014
This is bloody fantastic. Do hope you come back to it.
Guest chapter 9 . 1/27/2014