Reviews for Closer
Guest chapter 8 . 8/2/2010
And then you never updated again... Spoooooky lol jk but seriously? No updates :(
TTCyclone chapter 3 . 6/14/2010
XD lol Olive was SO in character. :D Awesome job. Aw, poor Ned, he's still a-. (XD lol)
Yorkie Lover chapter 8 . 7/19/2009
YOU'RE BACK! *superhugs!* :D I don't see how this is importante now, but I'll take your word for it. ) And Mara Brandy... Where'd you get that name? Did you borrow it from a certain friend o' mine who I sometimes get into fights with? ) Just wonderin'.

3 Yorkie

PS Sorry it took me so long to review... Long story.
James Birdsong chapter 8 . 7/19/2009
iluvpushingdaisies chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
This is a really good story, I hope you continue!
iluvpushingdaisies chapter 6 . 7/16/2009
Rofl! Digby getting employee of the month over Olive, I can see that happening.
TheSquintiestSquint chapter 8 . 7/16/2009
I don't know why you aren't receiving reviews for this. *I* liked it. Your style appeals and your Olive characterization is dead on. I can hear Cheno talking in my head (although, come to think of it, that's business as usual ;P)

-When you’re dead, you don’t really do much of anything, except lie there, naked, thinking of all the things that you should/could/would have done.-

The people on show and, more to the point, Olive in your story don't seem to remember anything from being dead. Their spirits or whatever appear to be taken right from the moment of death to when Ned wakes them up, so this comment about lying there and thinking doesn't make much sense.

-“Olive Snook, 1965- now.”-

That was worth a chuckle.

- Ned gave a nervous laugh. “Uh, yeah… look at this!”

[snipping out some of the middle of the scene]

Ned and Chuck stole glances at each other. “The fact she’s dead doesn’t bother you at all?” Chuck asked as she sat down next to Ned.-

Well, you were the one who was just laughing Ned. Hypocrit. ;)

- “Besides- she always pokes fun at my knitting.”-

That's such an Emerson reason for not being concerned about Olive's death.

-“…. So how do you two…?”

“We-… what?”

“How do you two… do it?”

“Do it?”

“You know- get down, get funky-, make loove….”-

I have yet to introduce one friend to Pushing Daisies without them asking this question (or something like it) before the episode is over.

-“The two dead girls in back.” Emerson said as he got out for Ned to take over. As Ned took his place in the driver’s seat. “Two live guys in front.”-

As I quote my second Emerson section, it occurs to me that I should just say I like how you characterize Emerson too.

-cus when I don’t get reviews, I don’t think that anyone is reading. And what’s the point of writing, (pure amusement and joy aside,) if no one reads?-

I know exactly what you are saying. You're always told to write for yourself, but if you were writing solely for yourself you wouldn't be posting your stories here. People need reviews.

-(Insert dog’s name here) was lying on top of the pile of blankets by Olive’s bed. His head perked up as the group walked in to the door.-

I feel like I shouldn't laugh at other people's typos (God knows I make plenty myself) but (insert dog's name here) got to me. I think you should keep it. It gives the paragraph a certain flavor.

-“I thought you hated them!”

“I do- I just, sorta kinda wrote them.” Olive said, looking at the ground.-

It's an unwritten rule that all authors have a love/hate relationship with their work.

-“Klive O’Soon. I know. It’s an anagram.”-

Cute. There's not much you can do with Olive Snook.

-Silence was usually a main factor up to this point in their short relationship, and silence never was proved wrong.-

Another favorite line.

-For every action, there is consequence. [cut]Manuel, the floor cleaning boy had soon to learn that sometimes there were consequences for actions that had nothing to do with you. [cut again]bat was brought down upon his head- a result of an action he did not yet know about.-

Okay, now it's getting interesting.

-Olive Snook had sung over the sounds of Manuel’s floor polisher many times. When Manuel once forgot his CD player, she sang ‘Maria’ from West Side Story for him at the top of her lungs fifteen times. After Ned had awarded Digby ‘Employee of the Month’ over her, Manuel had abandoned his title as ‘Floor cleaning boy’ and had handed her tissues as they cried and sobbed over the Spanish soap opera, ‘La Pasion De Las Neranjas.’-

This whole paragraph was gold.

-The orchestra in Olive’s soul broke out of her heart, and poured up into her soul, and out of her mouth. “Manuel… the floor cleanin’ boy- bring me soap suds- bring me joy…” Ned and Emerson looked at her as she started to slowly sing. “O-h, Manuel, the floor cleanin’ boy- I love him, I love him, I love him!” She stopped to say, “Well, not literally… just… you know, friendly.” She continued. “I decided to get my nerve up- to recite this poem musical… he’d like the fact it’s musical, because he’s a theater person! So today at 8:11, he told me he was watchin’ West Side Story, at his home in the Bronx!”-

I love your latte boy parody as well as everyone's reactions to it.

-Olive. Was. Originally. A LESBIAN!-

No way! I wonder how that would have effected the rest of the series. Hm... *gears start turning in my brain* Must. Resist. Plot. Bunny.

You need to continue this and soon because

A) I'm hooked, or at least intrigued, and I want to get to the murder solving portion of the story

B) I have a childlike impatience and a short attention span. ;P

Until next time,

secondhandrose chapter 6 . 1/14/2009
Great fic! One pointer though: See the bold text at the top of chapter 6? Kristin's name is spelled wrong. It's Kristin, not Kristen. I'm kind of a crazed fan...hehe...

Other than that tiny typo, wonderful writing! Please feel free to check out my PD fic, The Labors of Friendship.

P.S. Your characterization (sp? I'm very tired right now...) of Olive was dead-on. Awesome job!
SoConfusified chapter 6 . 1/3/2009
Wow. "Taylor the Latte Boy" reference. I was so sad when I heard PD was going to be cancelled.
Yorkie Lover chapter 7 . 12/30/2008
"I promise, as soon as I see a new episode of PD, I will update like no one’s business."

Ahem. *poke*

Poof chapter 7 . 6/24/2008
that means no updates till atleast september
Shmalex chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Gahh! LOVE THIS STORY! PLEASE update! x] Great job
theatricalice chapter 6 . 4/14/2008
“You know- get down, get funky-, make loove….”

That is so Olive it's scary.

Ooh, I adore this so much!

She's so in character!

It annoys me how people don't apprieciate her corny jokes and fun songs. SHE ROCKS GODDAMMIT.

But yeah! Mad props!
TheYummyPencil chapter 4 . 3/18/2008
Gha! Dog’s name is DIGBY! DIGBY! DIGBY! But I’ll let that slide because this chapter was awesomesauce, just like the last ones! Just wish Cod was a bit sharper, though. Onto the next! Onward HO!
TheYummyPencil chapter 3 . 3/18/2008
Ah! Look at you using blackmail to get us to review! Clever. But unnecessary. Because this fic kicks ass so well on it's own! The characters are character! Love it...
47 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »