Reviews for From Afar
Lisamalvina chapter 19 . 1/2/2020
Wow, this was quite... unexpected of a plot. I really enjoyed it, however. Thank you for writing this wonderful and interesting story!
the Catbird Seat chapter 19 . 11/4/2017
Great fic. Totally loved it. Super sweet romance, and I loved seeing a happily ever after for Boromir.
Edicts Galore chapter 19 . 8/23/2017
I just wanted to let you know how very much I enjoyed your story. You did a beautiful job and I liked that Morgan was utterly disbelieving of Boromir's story since really it made no sense. This was sweet and well-written and I am sorry to say adieu.
Luiniliel chapter 18 . 11/9/2015
I have to say that several years later, this story still holds up. I had to review in this chapter since I've already reviewed the epilogue.
The Darkest Holme chapter 19 . 3/30/2015
I just binge-read this entire thing... and I loved it! I'm off to look at your other works now. Wonderful job! :)
123paco chapter 19 . 3/21/2015
This was a really nice read. I'm glad Boromir decided to go back to Morgan, what else was he going to do, sail his little boat all the way to Europe? As surreal as someone from Lord of the Rings appearing in our world is, you managed to make it as believable as possible, and the ending was the best outcome for everyone. I confess when they found that book on multiple dimensions I was worried that you were going to make little ol' Morgan miraculously find out the mysteries of black holes and dimensions all by herself which would have been pretty ridiculous, so I was really really pleased you didn't.
Anyway, congrats on writing this, I'm off to see what other stories you've written now!
123paco chapter 13 . 3/21/2015
Wow, I was cracking up at 'the suit does not suit' for the whole chapter until I read the end, poor Moglie!
123paco chapter 6 . 3/21/2015
Oh my god, FINALLY a story with some common sense. It drives me nuts to see all of these fics where a character from Naruto or Lord of the Rings or another make-believe place come to our world and the girl whose apartment they land in just lets them stay with her no questions asked. I can understand if Morgan feels guilty for throwing him in the loony bin and tries to help him now (and I suppose that's what will happen), but at least she did what any sane person would do and took him to a hospital first!
Morgan feeling the need to help Boromir out is plausible, any decent person with a shred of compassion would also try to help out in her situation.
The doctors at the hospital would definitely think the guy saying he's from a fantasy world to be delusional, so Boromir endind up in the mental ward is exactly what would happen.
The authorities being suspicious of the random guy who thinks he's from the middle ages is, again, spot on.
So in conclusion, congratulations on writing one of the most believable fanfics of this genre! Such a relief to finally see a protagonist with some common sense. I'm going to keep reading now, just wanted to let you know this! :)
ILoveYouDearly chapter 19 . 3/10/2015
I know you wrote this long ago, but I just wanted to say that I LOVED this story. It was exceptionally sweet and your writing is just lovely. I think you nailed every step of your plot. And I look forward to reading more of your work!
tadah2 chapter 19 . 1/28/2015
Poor thing.
Guest chapter 19 . 1/27/2015
Beautiful story
Vicito chapter 19 . 12/13/2014
I read this fic years ago when I was still in high school and I loved it so much. I don't think "little story" does this justice, this is the fic that completely changed the way I saw Boromir. I'm crazy about Boromir x modern OC fics and I fully blame you for that. I was thinking about your fanfic recently and it took some googling, but I found it. Even dusted off my old account. So here I am, eight years later. Sorry it took so long for me to review. I thought you should know how important your little story has been for me.
mh21 chapter 19 . 6/26/2014
What a beautiful beautiful story! I've read so many stories where an earth girl goes to ME, but this is the first where it was the other way around and I loved it! Very realistic approach to what would have happened I think. The dialogue was especially perfect and so Tolkeiny I think he himself would praise you for it. And you wrote the sweetest version of Boromir I've ever read! I was hoping they'd both take the elven boat back to ME, but I really liked your ending as well. Only one question remains: how did Boromir ever get his green card? ;)

Thanks for sharing this wonderful story, definitely adding it to my favorites and I can't wait to read more of your work. I'd love to read a girl falls into ME story from you, based on this alone I know you'd make the character reactions very realistic to Tolkein. Cheers!
255 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »