Reviews for Against the Wind
Avian248 chapter 39 . 2/4
This was a very different take on the Flinx relationship. I enjoyed it a lot!
Nukem999 chapter 39 . 8/31/2014
First off let me say, it took a LOOOOONG time for me to finish your story. I read it when I could and little by little, I was able to finally read the entire story; I wanted to save til I finished it before putting out my thoughts in my review. I love this pairing, I truly adore the thought of these two as a couple and you definitely portray them in the most emotional and dramatic fashion. There certainly isn't fluff between them; everything felt real and naturally intense between them, like how a real progression should feel (Jinx's turn to the good side I mean). Their arguments felt natural, witty and they played off each other amazingly well. The relationship with Barry and Wally felt very natural, like a real parent/child relationship, every step and bump in the road down to a tee.

I love the use of songs and the lyrics, I recognized quite a few songs I have never heard anyone reference before and I myself am writing a Kim Possible fic using the same concept: songs as chapter titles and using the lyrics in the story (albeit in a different manner.) It was real neat to see these two just talking rather than typical super hero combat and it helped really meld the relationship together more fittingly. As for criticisms, there were a number of things that were kind of confusing and some tended to linger longer than others.

Firstly, Barry berating Wally; it happened A LOT and at times it felt like that was all the story was gonna be: Barry yelling at Wally for 6 chapters. I get the overbearing father thing and Wally being the cocky punk he is but there was just so MUCH of Barry ripping and riding Wally for everything on and on. Secondly, I am really confused at how people don't know Crane is Scarecrow. This seems to take place in the animated kind of universe, yet Scarecrow is allowed at Arkham when everyone knows who he is? Batman has arrested him in public many times so how did he become the doctor there again? Thirdly, what was with the Titans being mentioned on a spaceship? Did I miss a previous story in a series or something? Fourthly, kind of shocked and surprised to see the League so harsh on Wally. They act like he shot the president of the US in the head. It's a bit odd for them to talk at such length at how badly he "screwed up" yet Batman has an entire fling thing with Catwoman and yet Wally is truly awful for trying to date Jinx? I guess the continuity this story was supposed to be in left me scratching my head and sometimes certain characters reactions felt OOC. Overall though, very compelling read; kept me hooked from the start and you wrote Jinx and Flash perfectly. Great job!
Guest chapter 39 . 5/17/2014
U have to continue please give a sequel!
CakePOPBookBOX chapter 9 . 10/13/2013
Wow
HihihahaMUAHAHAHA chapter 39 . 9/1/2013
Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheheeheheheheheh ehehehehehehehehehehehehe
Loved it it was awesome and it made me squeel like a fan girl
g loves you chapter 6 . 6/22/2013
On chapter six the movie K.F picked i had watched it on tv the same night i was like omg when i saw it was in here
Drakius Marethyu Damnati chapter 39 . 6/12/2013
:-)
Liriane chapter 39 . 6/4/2013
This fic is amazing! I know I'm a bit late, but I really hope you publish a sequel. The loose ends are bugging me a little bit (Slade...The poison...Firefly...) but this fic is so well-written and wonderful! I hope you keep it up.
Forever yours, Liriane
Electricboa chapter 39 . 3/24/2013
I don't think there are enough words to adequately convey just how well done this is. The characterization is done remarkably well. It's a delight to see both Jinx and Wally inevitably spiral down because of who they are, I especially like how Kid Flash's house of cards is built so innocently and leads up to him doing things he never would have done otherwise.

I don't want to leave out Jinx, either, you did a fantastic job of having her have a villainous undercurrent long after they're in a relationship, as would befit the way it would be deeply ingrained within her from her years with the Hive. From her lashing out against Barry Allen to capturing Wally in an attempt to keep him from turning himself in and leaving her alone, really show the delightfully twisted mindset she has, even when she loves Wally.

I've always loved long stories, in my experience they do the best in developing characters and plot. More than that, they keep the ride going, so much so that you don't want to stop, and your story does that to the hilt. I ended up reading of this in one marathon read, I just couldn't help but want to see what was going to happen.

This has to be, without a doubt, the best Jinx/Kid Flash story I've read. The only thing that bothers me is the absence of a sequel. This deserves one and I really hope you consider it, especially since Wally never found out about the poison. I imagine someone like Slade would take delight in using that kind of information against the newly turned hero.
Greyshield chapter 39 . 12/21/2012
HULLO. Well, happy endings are good. :)
Greyshield chapter 38 . 12/21/2012
I don't understand applesauce on pork chops. (Says the girl who makes cheddar cheese pancakes) It just sounds so...unnatural. Fortunately I partake of the enlightenment that is vegetarianism, so such speculations will remain but vague mysteries of the universe. Enjoy your applechops, Wally.
Greyshield chapter 35 . 12/20/2012
Lol sadomasochism...never underestimate the power of pain!
Greyshield chapter 34 . 12/20/2012
Ooh, you ARE good. I got really upset just reading this, like, full on mental turmoil. WOW.
Greyshield chapter 33 . 12/20/2012
Wally gotta stop letting people walk all over him! Man it sucks to be young. Whenever I work camp staff with middle school kids, it's kind of a mixed feeling of authority and kinsmanship, because I know they feel all suppressed and crap when the old geezers start shooting them down. Maybe that's why kids have a "dark" phase?
Greyshield chapter 28 . 12/18/2012
Sacred Heart is an all girls school in CT ;)