Reviews for Harry Potter's Promise
Noble Korhedron chapter 1 . 10/24/2013
Touching ending. What exactly happened with the accident? Bludger to the head at 300 feet?
Nytefyre chapter 1 . 9/10/2013
A fun one shot - with a nice explanation for the development. You do a good job characterizing in your writing and the feelings a very clear and present.

Thanks for posting.
jbfritz chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
Excellent!
AvidReader chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
That's a cute one. A nice change of pace, as it were, between other larger stories. :-)
bobbo chapter 1 . 3/26/2013
this is definately a story to approach without preconceptions.
Draco mudiliar chapter 1 . 3/14/2013
Harry enjoying with two beautiful girls...thats good for him
FreelanceBum chapter 1 . 3/9/2013
Spontaneity must suffer with a strict no threesome rule when they all spend this much time together.

Also figures even in death Ron would help ruin Harry's life through ignorance.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
Well done.
Arkarian23 chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
This was an interesting little story. I didn't get the idea of the humour in relation to the Harry Potter shipping questions, though that might just be me. Regardless, I did enjoy reading this story.
Overdog chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
That's reaching... about the furthest reachingest reachy reach I've seen in many a year.

Let me say that you have written several very good works, that I enjoy very much.

In the Potterverse, all magic is about power and intent. An oath is magic cast by the person making the oath. The idea that Ron's intent would or could change Harry's spell/promise casting is just beyond my ability (or willingness, maybe) to suspend disbelief. And the idea that the intent of a dead Ron, who wasn't casting any magic, could posthumously and completely change the mental processes of people who weren't even involved in the spell is just... No, sorry.

Your Ginny says, "A simple promise is something like, 'I promise to clean my room before dinner.' It's something you say because you need to and if you don't do it, nothing bad happens." I disagree most emphatically: In that case, you broke your word. That's something bad that happened. It is not okay to break promises that you just don't think are important. If it's not important, don't promise.

Don't worry, I'll keep reading your other wonderful things... but this one really rattled my cage.
Polander50 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
While reading this story for the 3rd or 4th time a thought hit me. After I said "OW!" I thought I'd pass it along to you, seeing as I'm not an author. You know all those "various kids of the NextGen get ahold of a supercharged time-turner and show up in Headquarters during the summer before Harry's fifth year" stories? I can just see 15-year-old Harry and company watching a 10-year-old Lily Molly yelling "JAMES ARTHUR! RONALD BILLIUS! SIRIUS REMUS! Dad, Mum Ginny, and Mum Hermione are going to KILL US! I swear you all take after dad!" Which Weasley brother will kill Harry, will Ginny beat them all to it, or will Harry die of mortification when he finds out he marries both Ginny and Hermione? Will Sirius Black make enough pop-corn for the adults to munch on while watching the Battle Royal, or will he laugh himself silly at Harry's problem? Will Moody have Snape get some Veritaserum? Will Dumbledore's twinkling eyes light up the room?

PS: I've read most of your stories and enjoyed them very much.
bobcox26 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
NOW YOU OR BETTER AT WHAT I WOULD DO I HAVE IN MY LIFE LOVED AND BEEN IN LOVE WITH MORE THEN ONE WOMEN AT A TIME AT THE SAME TIME AND WILL NEVER UNDSTAND WHY POEPLE FEEL THE NEED TO CONTROL THAT FACT OF LIFE IN THAT MANNON IF EVERYONE AGREES IN REAL LIFE OR FICITION, I WOULD HAVE HARRY WITH TWO TO FOUR WOMEN LIKE HERMIONE FIRST ALWAYS THEN LUNA, TONKS,FLUER/GINNY BOTH ABOUT THE SAME BUT MORE FLUER. THESE WOMEN I FELT THAT HARRY COULD FEEL AND FORM A CONNECTION TO AND LEAD TO BEING IN LOVE WITH
GryffindorDragon chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Nice story.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
LOL that must be one of the most unspectacular endings for the Dark Lord I've ever seen written and the even more unspektacular cases were deliberately screwing done the drama for effect... same thing for Ron's demise... almost ridiculous in it's simplicity but then what does the HOW matter when the THAT is so saddening and life-turning?

From then on the things get flowing wonderfully it never does feel stilted or artificial, it always regards and respects the personalities of the people involved and so just seems to be right, especially after the explanation of the "oath". Greatly written this stuff.

But now i've got lots of awful ideas about cloning Harry in my head, sharing his responsibilities or character traits or even "inherited titles" (when you go with the fandom tradition of making him great Uberlord Gryffindor-Merlin-Potter-Black-Windsor and so on :P) and it does not seem to lend itself to a pretty end... that's a disaster in waiting. thanks a lot, your brilliance is just TOO inspiring ;)
Author00 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
This was great. I still snickering like an idiot. While H/Hr never really seemed good to me, I have to say, I enjoyed this. Nice job.
57 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »