Reviews for Harry Potter's Promise
Overdog chapter 1 . 4/16/2012
That's reaching... about the furthest reachingest reachy reach I've seen in many a year.

Let me say that you have written several very good works, that I enjoy very much.

In the Potterverse, all magic is about power and intent. An oath is magic cast by the person making the oath. The idea that Ron's intent would or could change Harry's spell/promise casting is just beyond my ability (or willingness, maybe) to suspend disbelief. And the idea that the intent of a dead Ron, who wasn't casting any magic, could posthumously and completely change the mental processes of people who weren't even involved in the spell is just... No, sorry.

Your Ginny says, "A simple promise is something like, 'I promise to clean my room before dinner.' It's something you say because you need to and if you don't do it, nothing bad happens." I disagree most emphatically: In that case, you broke your word. That's something bad that happened. It is not okay to break promises that you just don't think are important. If it's not important, don't promise.

Don't worry, I'll keep reading your other wonderful things... but this one really rattled my cage.
Polander50 chapter 1 . 3/25/2012
While reading this story for the 3rd or 4th time a thought hit me. After I said "OW!" I thought I'd pass it along to you, seeing as I'm not an author. You know all those "various kids of the NextGen get ahold of a supercharged time-turner and show up in Headquarters during the summer before Harry's fifth year" stories? I can just see 15-year-old Harry and company watching a 10-year-old Lily Molly yelling "JAMES ARTHUR! RONALD BILLIUS! SIRIUS REMUS! Dad, Mum Ginny, and Mum Hermione are going to KILL US! I swear you all take after dad!" Which Weasley brother will kill Harry, will Ginny beat them all to it, or will Harry die of mortification when he finds out he marries both Ginny and Hermione? Will Sirius Black make enough pop-corn for the adults to munch on while watching the Battle Royal, or will he laugh himself silly at Harry's problem? Will Moody have Snape get some Veritaserum? Will Dumbledore's twinkling eyes light up the room?

PS: I've read most of your stories and enjoyed them very much.
bobcox26 chapter 1 . 1/15/2012
NOW YOU OR BETTER AT WHAT I WOULD DO I HAVE IN MY LIFE LOVED AND BEEN IN LOVE WITH MORE THEN ONE WOMEN AT A TIME AT THE SAME TIME AND WILL NEVER UNDSTAND WHY POEPLE FEEL THE NEED TO CONTROL THAT FACT OF LIFE IN THAT MANNON IF EVERYONE AGREES IN REAL LIFE OR FICITION, I WOULD HAVE HARRY WITH TWO TO FOUR WOMEN LIKE HERMIONE FIRST ALWAYS THEN LUNA, TONKS,FLUER/GINNY BOTH ABOUT THE SAME BUT MORE FLUER. THESE WOMEN I FELT THAT HARRY COULD FEEL AND FORM A CONNECTION TO AND LEAD TO BEING IN LOVE WITH
GryffindorDragon chapter 1 . 12/9/2011
Nice story.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
LOL that must be one of the most unspectacular endings for the Dark Lord I've ever seen written and the even more unspektacular cases were deliberately screwing done the drama for effect... same thing for Ron's demise... almost ridiculous in it's simplicity but then what does the HOW matter when the THAT is so saddening and life-turning?

From then on the things get flowing wonderfully it never does feel stilted or artificial, it always regards and respects the personalities of the people involved and so just seems to be right, especially after the explanation of the "oath". Greatly written this stuff.

But now i've got lots of awful ideas about cloning Harry in my head, sharing his responsibilities or character traits or even "inherited titles" (when you go with the fandom tradition of making him great Uberlord Gryffindor-Merlin-Potter-Black-Windsor and so on :P) and it does not seem to lend itself to a pretty end... that's a disaster in waiting. thanks a lot, your brilliance is just TOO inspiring ;)
Author00 chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
This was great. I still snickering like an idiot. While H/Hr never really seemed good to me, I have to say, I enjoyed this. Nice job.
avalonchick5 chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
Hey kb0!

Awww! Sweet and funny. I really liked this.

Love,

Avalon
Zucht chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
As an avid H/Hr supporter and an equally avid H/G hater, I really hate to say this but I really liked this story. All of the characters seemed spot on except for Ginny and she had to be a bit less canon for this story to work.

The only thing that would have made it better would have been fate stepping in and giving Hermione twins.
Binka Fudge chapter 1 . 1/29/2011
Which girl should Harry end up with, Ginny, or Hermione? Why not both?

Well, to me it's usually Which twin should Hermione end up with, Fred, or George? Why not both? Yeah, I know I said Fred was my favourite, but if George is willing then who could say no?
Alita258 chapter 1 . 1/3/2011
This one was kind of hard to stomach, but I decided to take it good humor. It was a decent story, in some parts in was kind of dull but it made me laugh just imagining Harry Potter with two wifes and Ginny or Hermione agreeing (they are so strong headed women) and I just imagine this in canon, Molly will probably cut Harry for even mentioning. It was an interesting idea nevertheless, kind of OOC but it was necessary with the plot. Good job.
wizmage chapter 1 . 12/26/2010
This is good.
Paegan chapter 1 . 9/30/2010
Loved it. As ppl said before, plausible concept, excellent delivery and decent fleshing out of Ginny's character as an actual person ( a little shallow with the whole "Harry must have the perfect wife" bit, but then chick get strange when they're emotional). Although here's a fresh little wrackspurt to wrap yer mind around - if Harry had died would Ron have had to do similar by Ginny? - ICK!
Debbster21 chapter 1 . 6/2/2010
Looooved it. I like the note at the bottom, though, since your writing a harem type fic now and its awesome!
dennisud chapter 1 . 3/1/2010
Wow you made a realistic Trio fic and with the girls NOT having a bisexual relationship! Wish more were like this as I think Harry hermione and Luna would be a good combo... and I'm writing one with that trio too!

;-)
bookivore chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
This is cute, and just the sort of thing Ron would goof up.
63 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »