Reviews for Harry Potter's Promise
Mrs. Roonil Wazlib chapter 1 . 2/20/2008
I can't decide if this story disgusted or amused me... probably both :P Great writing as usual, but you've probably just given me nightmares for a week. Oh well, maybe I'll block the second half of the story out from my mind and just focus on the lovey-dovey H/G fluff and the awesome final battle scene.

Again... definitely not realistic. I don't think it would be in character for any of the three to agree to an arrangement like that. And I really don't see wanting Harry to be with Hermione if he couldn't be with her himself. I think Ron's a bit too selfish for that.

So I'm giving this a 10/10 in writing... The plot? Maybe about 2.5/10. Sorry, but I'm just more into the traditional marriage and relationship sense of things.
elgringo chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Hello again - I finaly dragged my feet and decided to tell you why I didn't like this story ;-P. Well, I did the wrong thing and didn't follow your words at the start of the story and I took it a bit too seriously I'm afraid - or something. Or maybe you didn't write it in a humorous enough way. Whichever, I didn't really get to enjoy this. At the end, I stopped and asked myself why. My first thought was your meddling with the h/g thingy, but I'm not that obssessed, you know? I've read plenty non-h/g stories before (I'd say about one out of ten stories I read is non-h/g) and also harem-harry, so I thought harder and I believe I got to the bottom of it. Even more important that your sticking for the h/g pair through your stories is the most permanent theme of your stories: Harry is in charge. From Choices to Leave Me Alone, he's only making his own choices and going his own way - even in LMA he is so standing on his own two feet, which really was more important in that story than the OC you threw in (it helped though that you brought H and G back together reasonably fast - ;-P). So yes, this latest story of yours sucks because Harry is again dealt a bought deal and there's nothing he can do but dance to the music. As I said before countless times, if I want to read that, I would go read the canon again. But I don't. So yeah, this is the mighty task your little fic accomplished: I realised there's something even more basic that I require in a HP fic, even before H/G: Harry taking control of his own choices, way, path, whatever you call it.

So are you done with experimenting for the time being, and may I hope for some quality H/G in control fic(s) in the (hopefully near) future?

Thanks for the ride, dude, it's more often than not a pleasure ;-P

Yeah, you got to see my tongue a lot through this review - I just didn't want you to take it too seriously and get the impression I am pissed off at you or anything. So maybe this is what you should've put more in this little fic: a lot of tongue action :-D

Hope to hear some great fics from you again, soon!

PS: Almost forgot: Surely, from a creative writing perspective, your story was very well written and everything - I think so, at least, considering I've never been even close to the creative writing subject matter in my life. Plus, English is not my first language either, so don't take my literary clueless remarks too seriously - tongue again ;-P
BajaB chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Nicely done.
Ciroth chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Wonderful story. You seem to have this ability to make me cry during your fic's. Love your writing!
riegert8 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
This is a very good one shot story. I like the Promise that Harry & Ron made to each other, I won't be surprise that Ron knew what he was doing when he made the promise. For the reason is that Hermione is so important to him that he rather her be happy then alone. I like that Ginny and Hermione work all this out.
notpobhonestly chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
one of the best and most plausible triangle stories i have read

excellent work. roll on your next story unchampion 2 maybe :p
Sovran chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Well, as you said, the ending is not new by definition, but I think you've taken the most rational approach possible in a normal universe. Of course, in a true Alternate Universe, who knows what could be possible?

As others have said, the best bit of this story was the two girls' maintaining their senses of individuality. The temptation to make them a true 'threesome' would have been great, I'd say, but it's much more in-character for them to do it this way. If anything, I would have liked to see a sample of the adjustments needed - even with magic helping, it can't all have been easy to work out.

And, given that, I have a bit of sympathy for Harry. Keeping up with one woman is enough for most all men, and he has to please two. He has to know their individual fears, quirks, soap-box issues, giddy-bits, and all of that. At the same time, he has to make absolutely sure not to show any favoritism, whether it's financial, emotional, physical, or even conversational. That's a VERY tough line to walk. I suppose that if anyone can do it, it's a magically-assisted Harry, but I still don't entirely envy him.

A nice, thought-provoking piece of work. I'm glad to see someone exploring an idea without taking the easy route or making it unreadable by most audiences.

Joe Fenton chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
"Sure, it raises the chances of the woman to have a male son"... uh - as opposed to a female son? :)

I find it a little odd that Hermione chose the magical method of selecting the sex of a child instead of the muggle method, especially considering the muggle method doesn't affect your chances of having more children.

I also find it a little odd that it would be the witch to take such a potion as the egg has NOTHING to do with determining the sex of a child. It's the sperm that does so. The medical method of predetermining the sex of the child involves filtering the sperm, then using artificial insemination. I would almost think a magical method would have the man take a potion whose side affect would be that he would have a very low chance of ever having a girl child again (maybe what happened with Arthur Weasley, or maybe even his father).

Otherwise, it's a fine story. One of the best of this type I've read.
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Oh excellent story, thank you for a very interesting read. and I too agree why not both! every male fantasy isnt it, I know its mine especially if you take the real emma watson as hermione and then say lindsay lohan as ginny! hehehehehehe heaven on earth!
Alexi Drake chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
Great story, can not wait till you have your next major work. But then if this is what passes for a "minor" story, well can not wait for anything else you come out with.

So keep up the good work!
hp-gw4e chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
this was a bit of a strange one! but i enjoyed your writing none the less. very different having ginny and hermione as his wife, but hey this is fanfiction!

happy new year, thanks for posting! lisa
Vulkan chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
This is a very different kind of story compared to what you usually write. I like this sure but I prefer your other stories.

Usually your stories contain an awesome plot, major romance but also lots of action. They are usually detailed and you introduce some new concept of magis or a new facet of Harry in every story.

This story is pure fluff but I like this. This story was more involved with logistics fo such a relationship rather than the mushy stuff. I was quite surprised with there being no threesome. Anyone who writes such a relationship would have done that but I like your take on this better. It shows that the girls have individuality and are not really kinky. It is mature.

Great work as usual but when are you giving us the next installment of Unchampion?
Hot48cricket chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
I was so looking forward to reading a new story from you...then you:

killed Charlie - not good

killed Ron - that's good!

Having Harry marry Ginny AND hermione? That is just so incestuous. I'm going to have nightmares!
Wolfric chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
I enjoyed the story. The battle is good and the fluff better. Thanks for writing. W.
pfeil chapter 1 . 12/28/2007
Honestly, both does make sense, if you take their canon versions. Chem Prof's _Hermione's Realization, Ginny’s Insight_ made the good point that Hermione has the emotional part while Ginny has the physical part.

I generally think that it makes more sense for Harry to develop a physical relationship with Hermione, since their emotional connection is incredibly strong, which can make for quite a powerful romance, not to mention that Ron's a complete git and I have no idea how they could ever put up with each other. On the other hand, you do a good job with developing Ginny beyond the BWL-obsessed, brainless snogging partner found in canon, so your shipping her with him doesn't bother me in the least.

And hey, Harry/Multi is just fun :P