Reviews for caught
Xarahs chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
A tiny, tiny part of me died when I realized this was a one-shot. You ended the fic perfectly, but the shipper in me wanted to read more...

I loved this piece. While other people thought that the awkward breaks between paragraphs and sentences were disoriented and messy, I thought it added to the overall feel of the piece. I don't know if it was on purpose or because of the way the site read your document, but reading this fic,
with the lights turned off and the quiet of late night-early morning hours,
and only the sometimes halted breaths protruding from my mouth,
I slowly fell in love with your fic.

It's writers like you that make me so excited and overwhelmed by an unpopular ship that people wouldn't give a second thought about. The situation that you've thrown Draco and Cho into is one that could have been a definite possibility in the books if the Dark side had prevailed. The relationship you created between them was plausible, and I actually did wish, for a moment, that this is how the books had went. Why not Draco and Cho?

They balance each other out; she grounds him, and he tames her. Though they might not wind up in anything relatively romantic, I think I could see that as a possibility. One of my favorite parts of "caught" is when Draco gives a whole list of things he cares about, just to close with, "You fucked up my Quidditch record."

I smiled there.

There are various moments in this fic that I can pick out and pinpoint as favorites, but really, I think the ending is the best. This may be me overlooking things or being unable to effectively translate your sentences, but I get the notion that Draco begins to want moments with her. He wants to have something that doesn't make him feel so empty, but Cho, of course, is still frightened of him, so the chance at something with her, whether small or big, doesn't seem like it will happen. The last line gave me chills, and that was the point when I truly felt upset that there was no more to this story.

"Imagining the moment when the breath caught and held in her throat, remembering he was there."

Just...chills. I got goosebumps, and my own breath hitched for a second.

I'm really glad that you wrote a Draco/Cho fic (though I'm still distraught over its end); it would be lovely to see more of this pairing on the site, and I'm a huge fan of your writing. You write with a kind of prose that seems more poetic than standard, and I'm really entertained by your style.

Thank you for writing! Adding this to my favorites!
Brain Fluff chapter 1 . 3/17/2012
your stories are brilliant. :)

your writing is amazing and I love the characters you write about. Cho is so unappreciated so thank you. I love this.
Millepassus chapter 1 . 11/19/2011
Aw I like it a lot! I wish there was more :P It would be great if you elaborated on the story. I like the way Draco is, because I think it's very accurate. I like Cho, though I don't really like that she stutters so much. But overall, I really enjoyed it!
broken and forgotten chapter 1 . 9/10/2009
I love this chapter, continue?
Ariana Malfoy- Lestrange chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
This was brilliant.

The flow was perfect. It was rushed and confusing at times and excellent. Draco is characterized brilliantly- I especially loved the paragraph about what he gives a damn about, that was so so well-done and...just everything about him in this piece. You don't give him any truly good qualities; you keep him in canon character but you still manage to give him something more...something more human and admirable, but still realistic.

Now, as for Cho...I do think she was a bit too timid. I disliked her stumbling over her words, though I can see that if she's really traumatized (which she seems to be) it would make sense.

The only other flaws I found were grammatical/formatting ones. "Thier" instead of "Their" and several lines were broken up when they should have not been. None of this detracts really from the overall effect, it just is distracting and makes it harder to physically read.

Still, I absolutely adore this piece- it's layered and generally gorgeous. It also is probably one of the most thorough and excellently-drawn characterizations of Draco that I've read. If you don't mind, I'm adding it in my DC C2, as well on my Favorites list. Oh, and sorry for the eons long review- I just really really loved it.
Tainted-Dreamz chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Wow. That was definitely a masterpiece. I loved the way you characterized Cho and Draco, and I love the bluntness of their characters, and the raw emotion that's there. I really hope you continue this, or continue writing Cho/Draco fanfiction! I absolutely loved it! :D