Reviews for In Another Life
slytherinbiatch chapter 1 . 2/3
I've never read an authors' portrayal of Snape that in anyway compares to yours' I'm scrolling through the rest of your stories. I'm favoriting this because I hope that will bring someone else to read it, I'm reviewing to tell you that you are a genius, and this is utter perfection.
Celia chapter 1 . 4/25/2008
You should seriously take up the series idea. I'm not kidding.

I've always been more sympathetic to Severus than Lily - The impression I got from the books was that the friendship was an unequal one. They might have had little arguments, but in the end Lily knew she had the power, and took Severus for granted. Frankly, considering how she laughed while her 'best friend' was being pantsed, as seen in book five, she wasn't as good a friend as I think SHE should have been to HIM.

That being said, Severus is a complex figure with so little in life that he clung to what he did have very strongly. I'm interested in seeing what he would have to struggle through to walk away from Lily and eventually find his own way - this scene, to my mind, is the beginning of something far more difficult and complex that he'll have to go through...

As you can see, I really liked this fic You portray Severus really well, and I'd love to see a 'Why, Lily, Why' series under your profile. You'd be one of the few authors who could keep Snape in character and do him - and the idea -justice at the same time.

That being said, I hope you take some of the shameless flattering to heart. It was really well done - not over-dramatic but still creating a lot of depth for such a short oneshot.

I hope to see more of your stuff soon :)

Celia
S3v3rusIsMin3 chapter 1 . 2/2/2008
hey,

That's really sad...

I was wondering if that was based on a song by the veronicas?

Cos i wrote a fic to one of their song's.

and yea... it's called 'inanother life' and yeah... the song sounds like ths story a bit...
thomas hobbs chapter 1 . 1/21/2008
god the love for lily thing pissed me off. nicely done tho
Kathleen Yuki chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
that was really good. I liked that very much. keep up the good work and i hope to read more of your stuff soon.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
So don't let this be the end. Show us the chapters where he finds someone else and has those six kids and gets that Order of Merlin he deserves. Or make him the star of CSI:Hogwarts.

Sad, but very well done.
Angel-o-Darkness chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
very good
duj chapter 1 . 12/29/2007
I'll never read another word she writes by choice. Ugh. (The all-for-love-of-Lily bit was predictable, but so drippy. I hoped against hope she'd do something with a bit more depth, but the whole book was shallow and that meant that, retrospectively, so was the whole series. Wasted potential.)
aS.iNNocenT.aS.a.DeaTH.EaTeR chapter 1 . 12/29/2007