Reviews for Final Fantasy VIII: UNFOLDING FATES
pinkperson chapter 3 . 2/8/2013
Not a fan of Zell/Selphie :/...also don't find it believable that they clicked during the filler mission as it was pretty clear they didn't care for one another.
pinkperson chapter 2 . 2/7/2013
Someone else mentioned that its a little annoying how you didn't use quotation marks in this chapter...and I agree. It makes it hard to tell when someone starts talking.

Also, it's getting hard to keep track if the OCs. The story is very well written, but I want to see more of the actual FF8 characters instead of the OCs...
pinkperson chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
Oh, I like this so far. Very well-written and in character. I liked that scene with Laguna and Elline at the end, although I still am not too fond of the idea of them being a couple. I find forty year old men with women half their age gross.
BlackxValentine chapter 3 . 4/11/2010
This is well written, my only complant is that there is no quotation marks when the characters are talking which makes it hard for me to figure out when someone is talking.

It is something that really bothers me but this isn't by an means a flame. This is just a small complant I have so far with the story.

I haven't read any futher but I plan too. lol
EbonGeraldo chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Oh, come ON SH! You update it at FFO all the time, but what if the forums are down? Bring them here as well, I say. Mandate. Demand. Whatever.
Sudentor chapter 2 . 10/19/2002
Heh, I almost forgot about the legendary Soul Hunter of FFO. How rude of myself.

Anyways, I really just finished the prologue and was about to start the first chapter, but I felt I was too sleepy, so I'm just going to write this and get to bed.

Basically, if this is as big as you say it is in the summary, I have to say this is one hell of an audacious plan you're doing here, because everything is really good in the story. Rather realistic. The "mystery man" killing the "innocent man" had a very nice feeling of horror to it as well, boosting the temptation to read on.

Overall, from what I've read, the prologue is a great beginning of your story, and I guess I'm eager for more. Happy writing, SH.
ladyeclectic chapter 5 . 8/12/2002
Heya, dude. :) As you know, I love this story but since I just can't seem to get a login name for FFO (and believe me, I've tried everything *sigh*) this is the only way I can read it. PRETTY PLEASE UPDATE! Your series is so awesome, and I know this is past chapter 5 by now seeing as how you were always better than I was at keeping the chapters rolling out. (I've picked up QK again, but we'll see how long that lasts...*sigh*)

Eep, didn't mean to rant in your review section. Folks, believe me when I say this guy is DA BOMB! Read all the stuff he's written, even if it takes you all night/week. Believe me, if you are any kind of fan for FF8, or just good fanfics in general, you will absolutely adore this series! :D
Jesall chapter 1 . 2/27/2002
Yes, I found it! I love this fic, Soul Hunter. I read the Rememberance and it was wonderful, and this is definitely doing it justice. Please, you, Astarte and brightangle must post chapters faster :)..

No, I just love it. Keep it up!
Sarah chapter 5 . 2/12/2002
Another great two chapters! Keep it going!
dpx chapter 3 . 1/9/2002
As with most of your works, this looks to be shaping up into a super cool story. Intriguing plot, character angst and development, relationship woes, etc. Very well-rounded. But you might wanna be careful about introducing so many new characters, and all at one go too. IMHO, one of the biggest taboos is to have a new character become so fantastic as to outshine the original ones (and often the point is beaten into the readers' head with a 2x4). In this case Rowan breaking Quistis' "record". If she were a real person, Quistis herself probably couldn't care less for holding such a record; but it does bug the hell outta me as a reader. I mean, why? Why is it so important that this new kid must be younger than Quistis when she became a SeeD? What purpose, if any, does it serve? One thing comes to mind-a male "Mary Sue", which I really hope is not the case. Grrrr... I hope he dies on his first mission. To me, Quistis is a tragic character cast in the stark, harsh, unyielding spotlight of Balamb Garden. The record of being the youngest to ever become a SeeD serves to highlight her perfection, yet also alienate her at the same time.
PodSara chapter 1 . 1/8/2002
Hola! Nice to see a familliar face here...This story is killer. I've already read most of what was posted at FFO, but I still enjoyed my re-read. Keep it up...
Fat Zombie chapter 1 . 1/8/2002
I'm very impressed with this. Its very long already but then that's what I like in a FanFic. I definitely rivals Edge's FF8 story as the best I've ever seen.
dpx chapter 2 . 11/17/2001
Ahhh... The 'meaningful gaze' in "The Remembrance" is finally explained. I mean, I kinda figured you meant Quistis was pregnant, but well I felt the fic needed more closure than that-it wasn't enough to stand on its own, IMHO. Hmmm... Maybe you could consider putting some sort of chronological sequence for your readers in the summary? I really like your fics, despite hating self-insertions with a vengeance, and I feel that indicating the fics' sequence would help confused readers (such as myself) a lot.
Bella Ragazza chapter 2 . 9/24/2001
hmmm...this is interesting. but what else can u expect from soul hunter?
FF8fan chapter 1 . 9/10/2001
This is a great story! I can't wait for next chapter.

FF8fan