Reviews for Ride the Lightning
JBubbles chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
That was... bizarre... strange... and in a somewhat effect of childhood, I dont know, really good.

I think I'm crazy and sleep-deprived for now, buts!

Just one thing that really bothered me: this sign ( - ), CAN be used as long-duration portrait, alike the three dots ( ... ), but! You have to sepparate the terms to indicate that the sign is put for duration of the sentence, not for mingling with a adjective.

There's a difference between "yeah, now he talks mildly-lowdly" from "yeah- now this is the real end" and so on and so on.

I don't know if I explain it clear enough . English is not my birth language, but I wanted to try it and see if you undestand it, 'tough.

Good job
Tuli-Susi chapter 4 . 6/24/2010
Aww, that was good! It was nice and short and sweet. I liked the way Echizen and Tezuka finished each other's sentences during that fight scene - Yuuta was right, they are cute like that.

What I loved the most though, was that YUUTA came to Fuji's rescue!

And btw, 3rd person omnicient is a good style. I don't care overly much for 1st person POV, but this was personal enough to make it interesting and authentic
BleuFleur chapter 4 . 1/21/2010
This was such a fun story! I loved the Yuuta point-of-view carrying the story, the relationship between the Fuji brothers, the friendship that develops between Yuuta and Echizen, and seeing familiar characters in the superhero/supervillain context. I'm so glad I stumbled across this!
terrorofthehighway chapter 4 . 6/18/2009
Interesting story- but you didn't say their superpowers!

Yuuta is obviously lightning, and Echizen's fire. Taka's is that he's got a berserker mode, Tezuka's is something about earth, Eiji's got speed, and Fuji's telekinesis- but other than that? Not mentioned. Otherwise, tightly woven storyline, quite nice. Not much character development though.
Aiwritingfic chapter 4 . 1/2/2008
I enjoyed this when I read it for Subrosa, and I still do. It was an excellent story. Will we be seeing you in Round 4?
Norisumi chapter 4 . 12/29/2007
This is a very original idea, and you wrote it out wonderfully. The right emotions were all there at the right times, and everyone was completely, utterly in-character. O You're story truly made me enjoy the children with super-powers type stories again. D This was an awesome story, and the ending, entirely all too bitter-sweet. ) So thank you, for sharing this lovely fic with us. D

Oh, and Happy New Years. )