Reviews for The Promotion
ShiftWithTheWind chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
This is a good one because though it doesn't make me laugh it puts me in a really good mood.

I think the build-up really works here, and I get a kick out of picturing Jack crouching behind a bush with two "proper" young ladies. Anne and Genevieve are cute, I really wonder where Anne gets off calling Jack "ten times the man" Beckett is. What a fangirl. I think my favorite thing about this fic is Jack's mannerisms. His slovenliness, wordy speech, his charm. That wasn't entirely consistent though. Once you said he "glowered" at Beckett, which strikes me as a rather uncharacteristic expression for him.

You set him up as putting on an act from the very start, so when he seems legitimately upset (you emphasized his angry expression) overhearing all those mean people insulting him, I don't know, I wondered at it. Would he let anyone see how upset he is? Also, who would have thought people could be so RUDE in what's supposed to be sophisticated company. Sounded more like a mob than a group of party guests. :P

I think when he messed with Beckett and hopped around like a Looney Tunes character was the best part. You could have shaved this story down after that. The punch line's over and all the funny bits after that aren't as good and don't need detail.

There's so much expression in everybody, lots of laughter and extreme smiling and frowning all in one scene. Leaves me grinning afterwards, just a great, entertaining, lasting impression. You should be proud of that.

Three down. I think I might plow through the rest of your Harry Potter fics now.
Sarah
Jay-Jay and Dove-girl chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Hey! I love this fic!

Jay-Jay
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
This was a really great find to stumble on. I'm really intrigued by the relationship between Beckett and Jack prior to CotPB, so this was just up my alley.

The dialogue was very humorous. I love Jack's voice in this. Although I wonder if he had that tendency to call others "luv" and "mate" while he was a naval officer. Hmm! Always a point that can be argued either way.

Anywho, great ficlet! Keep up the good work!
DreadLin Rackham chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
I love it!

"We're having a garden party and you're not invited'..

Really nice written!
Disoriented11 chapter 1 . 1/13/2008
Magnificent! Highly amusing the way you portrayed Beckett's and Jack's past together. Sorry for not reading this sooner. ~Phoenix
Marzi chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Wonderful! You included an explanation to his delirium in the Locker.
EccentrikPirate chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Ha! I really liked this, I honestly didn't expect to but I did. I really loved all the At World's End references. You did a great job!