Reviews for Take
fictionpress.comquietsamuel chapter 2 . 4/29/2012
Lol! i liked it... call me a wuss, but i like fluff like this... :) nice concept.. making xhela the whale... sad though... and the fact that she tries to swallow the ocean... makes you feel sad... :(

you could do a bit more to show that time has passed... i felt that was the only defect... :)

on the whole, id rate it a 9/10 for writing style, 7.5 for language ... (my standards are the highest, so uve scared pretty high) :) you got you idea across... maybe you should describe the surroundings a bit more... but that myt lessen the sadness...

good job and keep writing! :D
Ruingaraf chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
That was... really depressing and unique. And yeah, that theing in the games does support it, doesn't it? o_O Weird.
LittleLinor chapter 2 . 6/15/2008
:gasp: oh, the angst, the angst...

(no, seriously, it made me chill a bit inside. Which, while it isn't a ncie feeling, means it was well written, as usualy with your fics unless you're doing it on purpose)

Aand now you mention it, the greythorne quest does make that idea possible...
mokonahapuuuuuu chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
So, the Ice Queen's legacy in this story was to bring the Great Whale back? Reminds me of reincarnation, minus the immortality... Still, it was SAD! Sniff... I feel more bad for zoo/aquarium animals now... (I always have been!)

The story kind of reminded me of "Fluke", a movie made in 1995 (look it up! I think it has a bit of a connection with "Take").

The dying sea animal part was SO sad! Why? Why? WHY? Sniff...

This story made me think about what Earth might become in the future... The process of evolution and more!

The title was very appropriate. Only taking and never giving... But I will give it a fave! The story just seems to have a spiritual side to me...
mokonahapuuuuuu chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
(So sorry I couldn't review earlier!)

Sniff... So... SAD! Why can't they be together! Sigh... I'm heartbroken...

You made it very believable, so would this be an AU? It's really good! I feel so bad for Xelha... T-T

-goes to Chapter 2-
soheil solitarius chapter 2 . 6/14/2008
Yay for BK crack! *dances*

So, let me get this straight: when Xelha died, she became The Whale? You are a genius. And you write fish very well. 8D

As always, amazing job.
Strawberry Eggs chapter 1 . 3/19/2008
Be glad you get plotbunnies...I get Plot Aura Sphere! They may be rare, but they're oh-so painful! _x

Serene: *Snickering and throwing an Aura Sphere up and down*

Something tells me that isn't a Plot Sphere. Oo Erm, moving on...

Hmm, at first I thought Xelha would've become Kalas's new Guardian Spirit while I was playing through the ending for the first time. This however is much more interesting, and much more cruel. The Greythrones may have meant well, but turning her into the Great Whale? Sure being a Whale deity may not be all that bad, but living away from people, unable to be with your friends or the one you love, and furthermore seeing him miss you...I'd probably perfere to stay dead, too.

You know, you'd think Kalas, and especially Gibari would've remembered that the Great Whale was a giant fish and put two-and-two togehter (I mean relize that "fish" was the Whale and not kill it/her). Then again, she was close to her pendant and Kalas desperately wanted it...no time for rational thinking there, I suppose. :P

Anyway, I really liked reading this. Your writing is polished, as usual and I have no complaints grammar or characterization-wise. I know it's been a while since this first chapter was posted, but I'll wait patiently for the second one! _
Brenda924 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
It's funny yet sad at the same time. Xelha's a fish (well, not technically a fish, but whatever), Kalas think's she's dead. Kalas and Gibari killed her...that's gotta suck.

Actually, this is what I thought would happen while playing the game. I was so sure Xelha would turn into the whale, but she came back out of a shell...haha.

I'm exited to see the next chapter, I want Kalas to at least notice her! Well, without killing her, that is.

But I wonder...after the killed her the first time...did they eat her? 0.o
Ruingaraf chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Haha, plotbunnies are funny that way. That's an alterneate ending... that's really sad. T_T
Skyraptor66 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
It's The Metamorphosis Baten Kaitos style! Kafka would be proud. It's an interesting if not slightly cruel concept. At least the Whale wasn't enough of a sadist to do that to Xelha in the game; I think I would have preferred staying dead.
LittleLinor chapter 1 . 12/30/2007