Reviews for How The Grinch Stole Christmas and Eyes Only
Mia chapter 2 . 1/5/2008
Okay so I took Griever’s sage words to heart and stopped eating and drinking before I read this (twice actually I did that because the first time I signed off, I hadn’t realized there were to chapters :-P).

Now that I was thoroughly deprived of anything else to squirt at the screen or choke on or even just distract me away, I was able to have a Mari moment where I loved the little Post-Pulse details you started off with. Gave a really nice tone/setting to start the piece off with.

Next up the cheesy happy smile over the Maxangelmessenger. I just thought that was a really nice touch so I wanted to mention.

Which was quickly followed by a laugh which I think is the one Griever was warning me about. It was really great though because despite being warned I hadn’t quite expected it.

“Turkey? You think they’ll have a turkey?” Max’s pretty face got dreamy at this thought, and she silently reconsidered her previous decision. How bad could it really be? –Max is so my kinda girl and ‘but this was about food and therefore serious business.’ Just topped that off.

I loved the whole Max’s top discussion and thoughts.

Umm there is more coming right? Definitely seems like there should be more or I TOTALLY missed something!

This story totally rocks!
ion bond chapter 2 . 1/4/2008
This is great fun. I still haven't gotten over Lydecker being a salsa dancer.
Insane Troll Logic chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Normal! Terrified of Christmas music! Mary Lou! With a sister named Mary Sue! You're killing me, Tig, seriously. This fic has such a wonderful sense of humor. I'm definitely looking forward to more. It makes me wish I remember what I requested so I had a better idea of what's coming... Well done!
Insane Troll Logic chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
BWAHAHAH! LYDECKER IS A SALSA DANCER! THAT ALONE IS WORTH THE WAIT!

(Promise I will be more articulate in review of chapter one. Give me a second)
lisa316 chapter 2 . 12/31/2007
You know I fell in love with this from the moment you told me your idea. Only you (and possibly ITL) would make the Grinch into a Manticore escapee.

They narrative is hysterical. Donald Lydecker dancing salsa, Max getting slutty for a turkey, Natalie's dad naked on a roof (explains why their relationship never went further than the pilot), and so many clever one-liners that made me sorry the chapter was over.

Excellent start.
blackrose9 chapter 2 . 12/31/2007
this is great. i love your narrative.
Griever11 chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
I knew I was going to love this from the very first sentence !

: Bad news is like a relative. It travels fast, comes over when you don’t expect it, and it usually ruins all your plans for the weekend.

Sad, but so very very very true.

And all the little descriptions of the characters really cracked me up: Amateur salsa dancer...chocoholic... Can you imagine me sitting in front of the computer bright and early laughing hysterically and earning weird looks from my sister.

:Logan took all the x-rated thoughts in his head and locked them firmly in the depths of his subconscious mind. What sacrifices that guy would make for the greater good.

Ah, always the gentlemen, our Logan :)

Such a fitting introduction to Mary Lou and her green haired, pink eyed boyfriend. Wonderful!

Isn't it horrible that you just posted, and I'm asking for more? :( But this is like chocolate, you know? TAke a little and you're addicted for life.

x0x0x

G
Shal35 chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
Damn, hey this goes towards my first review of Ch2, my bad. I read the wrong summary for this one. Other than my screw up with your summary and the previous one, great story and YES I will continue reading!

P.S. I'm mentally kicking myself for this, damn.
Shal35 chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
Hey this story's pretty good so far. I'm not sure about the summary though, I'm not really into slash stories, MLs are great though, so it depends on how this story goes whether I should continue or not.
Mari83 chapter 2 . 12/30/2007
I had almost forgotten that there was one Secret Santa left and finding a DA story with a Grinch twist (and with him even being a Manticore creation if I got it right) made me go into into grinning, fic-hyper, happy little kid mode fascinated by this out of the usual AU. The first chapter is such a great setup… and I love to have the second almost immediately.

"Colonel Donald Lydecker – soldier, torturer, amateur salsa dancer"

Salsa dancer? Oh, please, can you write a fic with him dancing Salsa?(Interesting idea to have Christmas parties at Manticore when everybody else just makes them have none)

"It was different and delightful to see kids and grandparents instead of grumpy receptionists. Max blushed when an old man told her that “angel” had its origins in the ancient Greek word for “messenger”."

Now you put me in Christmas mood again.

"Natalie’s task had it been to prepare the stuffing for the chicken they had managed to get, and unfortunately Sketchy had been hiding some mushrooms of the magic kind in a kitchen jar. It had taken three strong neighbours to get Natalie’s naked father off the roof top. There had been no denying the source."

Imagine the hysterically laughing smiley.

“Oh, never mind” Logan said and swivelled his chair around. The sight of Max in a very revealing top made him immediately regret his prior comment and left him with a suddenly very dry tongue. “Hmmpf… We have to… Max, you’re half-naked.”

“Most guys usually like that.”

“Mostly, I’m not the usual guy.”

Max inwardly reminded herself of forgiveness and the true meaning of Christmas, as well as her ulterior motive of getting a turkey" out of this man. It was a hard fight, but turkey won over pride.

Love it, Logan’s initial grumpiness vs. Max dressing up for him, then hiding his distraction under more grumpiness, just perfect and funny.

Interesting to have the many perspectives, especially the one of the TV-host with her secret identity and her connection to the Grinch (or somebody else with green hair).