Reviews for Gas Man
NightMary chapter 1 . 6/14/2008
Well, you seem to have won the love of a few of my associates, so I thought I'd eventually read this myself.

As was already noted, you did a great job in this story. For a oneshot, you sure did not make it feel like one- I felt as though I could see into alot of Fred's life in such a short span of words. I love how you portrayed Fred as a man, and his past.

A few complaints, however:

- You need to re-read this story and edit it. It does not harm anything whatsoever to attempt to edit your stories- especially when it's already been mentioned by Shay that several words are shoved together without spaces. It won't be that hard to remedy, and it'd give it a much cleaner look.

- Also, I find it hard to believe there'd be a town nearby where Fred's gas station was. The two movies (both the original and the newer version) seem to make it clear that the only seeable settlement where the Test Village was was the gas station. Eh, but feel free to keep the town, I guess- maybe it's just a pet peeve of mine.
CrypticCalico chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
Incredible. Fantastically, magnificently incredible. You are one of the very best authors for THHE(and everything else you write for). Keep writing! Love 'em. :)
SkyRogue chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Oh whoa. That was great. Awesome job. But... Poor Monty! I always feel bad for the animals... This was a really cool idea, though, I always wondered about the gas guy too. Very original, and I applaud you!

-SkyRogue
TonicPeppermint chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
“My name is Jupiter, and me and my sons would like to tell you about a shortcut.”

That was just a really, really great line. Like in your two previous THHE fics, the way you parcel out each individual section of the story displays phenomenal organization, forethought, and consideration of the readers. And, like in your previous fics, the way you depict Jupiter is by far the best I've come across, though you usually only mention him briefly in each of them.

And, yeah, yeah, I've said this before, but your use of subtlety and foreshadowing is what really maked this stand out. I'm glad to see you've put another one out there, and (though I know I've said this countless times) Cradle -will- be updated, and I hope you're not completely fed up with me. Whadya think you'll be up to next?
Everlasting Defiance chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Wow, that was so incredibly good! Damn, it was better than I expected! I'm glad you finally posted your fic about Fred. It was well worth the wait!

My only complaint was this: early on in the story, quite a few of your words were jumbled together like compounds. A lot, actually, but besides that, it was awesome and I am SO happy to be your first reviewer. I love this, I love you, and I hope you post more on characters for "Hills Have Eyes".

¥ shay