Reviews for Hogwarts Houses Divided
RoseQuartz1 chapter 3 . 8h ago
So...pretty much eventually the Houses will just be dissolved, right? That makes sense to me, but I should probably just keep reading. _"
Donal O Cribin chapter 32 . 4/4
This story was brilliant. You have a great talent for writing. You should try getting it published, but if there are copyright issues, then try something else, because you are an excellent author.
Boris Yeltsin chapter 1 . 4/3
An excellent spin-off to be certain.
Shame I wasn't aware of it until today.
Mlle F chapter 32 . 4/1
AMAZING STORY!
Pretty please, it's time for a sequel!
Annie Karr chapter 32 . 3/25
I've read this story over three times and just finished reading the first book in your Alexandra Quick series and I just have to say one thing: THIS NEEDS A SEQUEL! I'm serious this is definitley my favorite HP fanfic ever. In my humble opinion it is even better than top dogs like nightmares of futures past, methods of rationality, or others. So I'm beaging you please write a sequel. I understand that you have probably been busy since you haven't writen anything since 2012 but PLEASE write a sequel. One last thing: If you ever publish anything professionaly, be sure to let me know because I'll be one of the first to read it
AckSed chapter 32 . 3/11
Okay, how do I sum up how this made me feel? I can't, so I'll just say that I'm very glad I read this. In one sitting. Foregoing sleep. Also, good on you for addressing some issues (house elf rights and goblin racial tensions) that really should have been treated more seriously in the canon story.
Anone chapter 32 . 3/6
Simply marvelous, once i started reading I couldn't hold back. Keep writing, because you're bloody brilliant at it. Thank you for this story.
Dosu2Dinner chapter 3 . 2/18
Chloe clapped her heads together? Sounds painful...
To be honest, I agree with Peeves. The Sorting Hat's song had great content, and was fairly rhythmic also. Going back to Chloe a minute, Teddy should count himself lucky - not everyone gets someone so eager to cling to them...and I'm sure Chloe has plenty of opportunities, considering how the boys 'made room for her...' I may be over-analysing though...
Dosu2Dinner chapter 2 . 2/18
Now, what's interesting here is how uncertain these four seem to be about their houses in comparison to the others on the train, despite how influenced we've seen them be in their houses' way of thinking. But then again, for all we know, there could be a lot of uncertainties they have that they're just not showing.
What I really like about this scene is how you're already setting up the traits of the houses they're destined for - it makes sense for Dewey to be the one to promote the pact, considering the Hufflepuff-like qualities of loyalty and companionship. You can also see a contrast to him with Kai, who's an expert at making snide, witty remarks but at the risk of Violet's irritation growing. Teddy also shows courage in some form in attempting to intiate conversation and build bridges with Violet, talking about their families, and to a lesser extent, her shoes. And Violet's dry sarcasm is perfect! Hogwarts houses are, I think, a fascinating subject for a fic, and I'm glad you haven't particularly trumpeted or demonized any house in particular, noting both their negative and positive qualities. Good work!
OK, I think I'll start off by saying I started reading this fic quite a while back, but unfortunately never managed to finish it. This time I'm determined to do so though! Along with reviewing as best I can.
The way you introduced the four protagonists probably couldn't have been better. You reveal the most important background aspects of them without revealing everything so we're eager to see more of them, and firmly set out their differences in how they feel they should measure up to certain influences in their life, with the notable exception of Violet who seems prominently less enthusiastic than the other three.
To be honest, I don't know how well my analysis holds sway, as I haven't read all of this yet, nor do I really know your intentions when writing. All I can say is that it was very well written, the set-up for a plot I already know to be fantastic, and I shall be now going onto the next chapter!
Emma chapter 32 . 2/17
PLEASE WRITE MORE! I just read all of it it in a row, I couldnt put my laptop down!
Bjalf chapter 15 . 2/13
Well written, but uninspiring plot. It feels more like "The Famous Five" than "Harry Potter". All the adults are over-the-top stupid, and a bunch of 11-year-old kids save the day again. I find myself skipping large parts of the text.
HugoObsessedWeasley chapter 1 . 2/6
Amazing.

That's all I have to say.
Kradeiz chapter 20 . 1/16
Hopefully Teddy's following years at Hogwarts won't be so bloody as his first.

I loved Teddy's Flitwick ploy, and the Slipfang fight was pretty well done, too. Very Potterish.
Kradeiz chapter 16 . 1/16
In many ways, Teddy is a lot like Harry: loves his godfather, but not necessarily going to listen to everything he hears.