Reviews for Hogwarts Houses Divided
jcampbellohten chapter 13 . 12/8
As amusing as "sell-phone" was, cell phone is an American term; they call them mobile phones/mobiles in Britain, so that misunderstanding wouldn't have happened.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 32 . 11/28
Can I just say, I LOVE the depth of your characterization and plotting and how you keep coming around to earlier themes and storylines. The Hogwarts Houses Divided thing truly unites this story, the adult characters both caused and helped with conflicts for good reasons, etc.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 29 . 11/28
Awesome writing. That battle felt chaotically real in a way a lot of stories never do.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 25 . 11/27
Binns was hilarious. I love how you made him actually be helpful, and the way Sinistra handled him was great. This whole arc has been great with having people show up out of the woodwork to help out.
I love how your goblins are the ones using Muggle technology, not some Mary Sue protagonist. It's also great that the goblins are powerful AND evil-not a combination we see in goblins a lot in more recently-written fanfiction.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 24 . 11/27
I love how this is a world where interrogating a hat by threatening children is entirely reasonable and a seriously evil thing to do. And good job on remembering the ghosts. I have to admit, I've never considered their perspective on a tragedy like this before.
I'm guessing Ophilia pretended to pass out so she wouldn't be targeted. She DID seem to take longer to pass out than the others.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 23 . 11/27
I love the suits of armor and magical alarms, which the teachers didn't need to actively set up this time unlike the canonical Battle of Hogwarts. It helps with the feeling of Hogwarts being an awesome magical school and the adults learning from the War.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 17 . 11/27
Neville is still awesome.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 15 . 11/27
Teddy here is a great example of how the system can screw over a student who has tons of good qualities, generally means well, often acts heroically, and usually follows the rules. And I can't even say it's wrong because fairness is important and this harsh crackdown might actually solve a lot of the discipline problems.
I was worried for a minute that Longbottom would pull a McGonagall and not listen to Teddy, but at least he's reasonable enough for that much.
It's really interesting how you've made a compelling anti-authority plot line while leaving me really sympathetic for the authority figures in question.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 14 . 11/27
Huh. Did not expect that twist at the end. (Not the no Veritaserum twist, the other one.)
Prince Pondincherry chapter 13 . 11/27
Wow, this was harsh. I know they needed to do something, but are there even other schools? I guess maybe they could go to school in another country? Expulsion from Hogwarts is a MUCH worse punishment than expulsion from a Muggle school.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 11 . 11/27
Ha, that's awesome! It's exactly the sort of ridiculous, flawed, but well-meaning and somewhat useful way George would try to help the situation.
The invitation scene was hilarious and heartwarming at the same time. I hope the Potter kids show up in this story.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 10 . 11/27
This sort of thing is why I like Neville as a teacher. Oh, and Slughorn's role in this story has been pretty interesting so far.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 5 . 11/27
There's so many students! It's hard to keep track of them all!
Prince Pondincherry chapter 1 . 11/27
I feel like Teddy and Harry's conversation about meeting new people was partially directed at the readers. Because sure enough, I held off on this story because of all the OC's, but they're actually really interesting.
Prince Pondincherry chapter 9 . 11/27
The book title made this chapter for me.