Reviews for The City of the Lost
mfaerie32 chapter 25 . 6/27/2016
It was kinda rude how they were treating him & making fun of his situation. One mention would be picking, but continuing to do so the entire time was irritating. I'm glad he got them out of there. I was ready to throat punch Jack & Mitchell. /
mfaerie32 chapter 24 . 6/27/2016
I love a more open & affectionate Daniel. Wish he had been more so in the series. 'Unending' didn't count. ( And her enthusiasm is infectious. Lol.
mfaerie32 chapter 2 . 6/26/2016
Frat regs shouldn't apply to him & Vala because they're not military, they're civilians. /
AuntMaggie chapter 26 . 3/24/2015
Best story I've read! Nailed the characters. Should be a script.
mkoepp63026 chapter 26 . 2/3/2015
I never liked the way SG treated Vala in the series, but in this story it was so much better. Chad Her character is so complicated, and rich that they could have done something spectacular with but they didn't. Thank you for doing something that showed her potential. Great job
LVB chapter 26 . 1/13/2015
Wow, this was certainly an adventure! Your last chapter was so in-character, I could hear Daniel in my ear!
howlingfantods chapter 26 . 8/11/2014
I only read this fic last night, and I already wish I could read it again for the first time. Absolutely perfect.
thephoenixandthedragon4ever chapter 26 . 10/18/2012
Found your story and loved it. i always will feel sorrow for poor Tomin but you wrote a Daniel i could see with Vala not the jerk we always saw on screen. Vala deserved to be treated like a princess not the pea crushed under daniel's feet.
fred21 chapter 26 . 6/10/2009
Recently found your story and read it from beginning to end. Really enjoyed it.
CindyLou13 chapter 26 . 1/22/2009
What a great action and adventure story, followed by a fabulous love scene! Wish you'd write more for Stargate. I'd love to read it.

Thanks so much for writing!

CindyLou
Enajnitram chapter 26 . 3/28/2008
yay! great story to the end - thanks
HAZMOT chapter 26 . 3/25/2008
I've enjoyed this immensely. You had the true heart of stopping the Ori, with a little romance of Daniel and Vala thrown into the mix. I love the giraffe, and how they named it, but what was really cute was the way Vala and Daniel finally had a chance to really talk about their future together. I even read chapter 27 and althought it was more intimate, it solidified that Daniel truly wanted Vala for Vala and if he was thinking of children together, then he's finally at peace with having Vala in his life. Nice. :D
Literal Literary chapter 26 . 3/24/2008
Thank you for writing a wonderful story. I've enjoyed reading it. I really enjoyed the build up you did in Chapter 24 to the date between Vala and Daniel.

It felt a little funny for them to be going on the date while Tomin was still in the SGC infirmary. I don't know why, maybe I feel a little sorry for Tomin, especially after that great scene in AofT on Dakara when he asks Vala what she's doing there and all his emotion is in his face.

Anyway, back to your story, the conversation DV have in the conference room in Chapter 24 really built the tension between your characters.

I loved this dialog:

He managed to look impressed. “Okay, that’s fair… When are we going?”

She hesitated and studied him for a moment. Was he only teasing her? She didn’t think she could manage it, if he was.

She sat back down. “You’re serious,” she confirmed slowly, searching his eyes.

His smile disappeared. He stared back at her quietly before taking her hand in his. He stared down at her fingers for a moment before looking back up. “Yeah, I am.”

What you did in Chapter 25 with the bowling alley was fun and really highlighted how their relationship had grown. The idea that she invited the team along because she didn't think Daniel was into the date (true when she was planning it) was great. I'm not sure where all the FFers came up with the stuffed giraffe - I've seen it in several stories. It was cute, but I'm not sure your story needed it (especially in the NC-17 chapter on live journal).

The team interaction on the date was fun, and I loved the snarky Jack comments.

You really weaved great pathos into your scenes at the observatory when Daniel explained his feelings. You could really feel Vala's confusion over Daniel's inept attempt to explain himself. Those scenes really sizzled and that chapter left your readers wanting more. It was a great finish to the story.

I thought what you did in the stand alone chapter 27 was great sensual and emotional. Daniel's intensity when he realized he had almost missed out on a relationship with Vala was palpable. My only critical observation is that it was almost too long in some ways and drained a bit of the tension of wanting more story. I struggle with that in my pieces as well.

Overall, it was a wonderful, well wrtiten story with much creative thought. I really enjoyed it. I'm looking forward to your next story.

Happy Writing!
Psyhagde chapter 26 . 3/24/2008
Well, that was very sweet, although I do have reservations about Daniel's two women on the mountain. I like to think of Sha're and Vala as two very distinct, separate epoch relationships. I agree with Vala, her date was better but then I'm charging off to find Chapter 27, which, I suspect from my point of view, will be the real ending.

Well done fluffy Kris.

Mag.
purplegryphon chapter 26 . 3/23/2008
This was AWESOME! I just stumbled across it tonight so I was able to read it straight through. The characterizations were amazing-you nailed every one of them! Including Jack! Now I'm heading over to your homepage for chapter 27 . . . .