Reviews for Life in a Bottle
Duncan0Idaho chapter 11 . 5/22/2014
A good ending to a good fic, Lillet gets her Reward, Amoretta is safe and the idiots got their due.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 10 . 5/22/2014
And you show what it's maybe thousands of years of a cycle repeating itself do to Lillet, she is a terrifying foe to have and a great ally to cherish, the 'battle' with Benedictine shows how good Lillet is compared to other opponents thanks to her large experience and quick wits she turned it onto a curb stomp battle (that and she is a master of all magics) it was well done, it was interesting and you managed to flow from one point to an other without interrupting the narration.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 9 . 5/22/2014
Good way of having the tables turned, an ambush is always a good way to break the status quo and if lucky turn things to your advantage, opening fire with a morning start is also a good idea as their projectiles in theory can blind (due to the light)
Duncan0Idaho chapter 8 . 5/22/2014
I like that this chapter shows that Amoretta isnt just a tapestry or a doorstopper, she cares about lillet and she can raise objections to some of her lover more... unorthodox ideas.

The reveal was well done in my opinion and i also liked that you expanded upon the Grim Grimoire magic, we are never shown what it cant do, heck Oplaneria can make herself younger so good job on incorporating new ideas that do not sound too far fetched.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 7 . 5/22/2014
Good chapter showing the love between characters and their relationship, you pull romance/fluff really well, kudos for that, not many do that, focusing on the relationship is as important as focusing on the action.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 6 . 5/22/2014
Once again i am saying that this chapter was well done, you link the murderer to the party that wants Lillet's services.

However you made a crucial mistake, you tipped your hand too early, by coincidence when she requested the man responsible for the candles he tells her that an accident happened, an statement she does not bothers to validate the veracity, in my opinion you lost a golden opportunity to use Agatha's Christie least possible suspect technique (well i guess for people who arent as fans of her as i am the accident wont be suspicious at all)

I guess it can be handwaved by her being nervous for the whole situation.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 5 . 5/22/2014
An other well executed chapter, good job on including Amoretta, Graff and Grimalkin, good characterization on them too and showing Lillets skills as the future/yet to be Mage Consul, then again facing Opalneria's and Calvaros runes, well this would be piece of cake.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 4 . 5/21/2014
"I doubt it, Lillet thought, recalling the mocking face of the thief from the break-in. He's not the kind to kill himself-more likely he'd be plotting an escape. It can't be coincidence that he's dead; whomever stole Amoretta's flask probably got information from him, then killed him so he couldn't tell anybody else about it."

And here we have a Poirot moment, Lillet using her brain cells to piece together a conclusion with no physical evidence (much like what holmes does) but instead uses psychology (Poirot's and Miss Marple angle of tackling mysteries)

Other than that an other well executed chapter, things keep accumulating much like snow in winter season.

I particularly liked that Amoretta is not perfectly sold on the plan, most of the time the author would have the other character agree or put a weak argument, her remembering Lillet that the thief got caught is a good way to show her logical and worried side towards Lillet.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 3 . 5/21/2014
And so the play starts to unfold, Lillet and Amoretta give good reasons why the responsible party might want the flask and Lillet's... services, the whole chapter was well executed.

I am not sure if Lillet would be willing to torture some one, if i am reading the 'and i want to make sure i can persuade him to talk' line correctly, it's the only thing i dont feel like it fits, then again she being pissed and angry because some one stole Amoretta's life link could make her say that.
Duncan0Idaho chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Like all god mysteries it starts with a murder, Runce is murdered to tie loose ends so no one can trace him or her or identify him or her and to have more maneuvering space for whatever plans he or she has for the flask of Amoretta's or those that involve Lillet.

Chances are it's blackmail of some sort due to how panicky Lillet acted.

However here comes the but, despite having aliases by giving away the name tempell you have given a fairly important clue, most mysteries do the same but in a subtle manner.

Check Murder on the Orient Express for example, Poirot hears the scream, it tells him of an incident, however it is later that it's revealed that the scream was of him being murdered, the clue was subtle enough for the characters and the readers.

It's not a large detail but it's something that caught my eye.
antlan87 chapter 11 . 1/3/2013
This is my second reading of this story, and I still enjoyed it. I honestly thought I reviewed this one before. Still, this story was one of the reasons I favoured you in the first place.
Guest chapter 2 . 10/30/2012
Ah crap...
Shashandra7.0 chapter 7 . 8/31/2010
I favor this chapter the a lot, especially with added love scenes to spice it all up.

It shows how stressed out Lillet was that she made a mistake and scared to make the next move without having to mess up again.

However, Amoretta got rid of all that fear and brought Lillet back to normal.

Now, once Lillet got her head in the game, she turns into a real badass!

Great work, indeed!
Wolf-of-Five-Elements chapter 11 . 12/31/2009
Wow, very nice. It's great seeing Lillet use some of the skills that she used in the game. Modesty issues... hmm... I could certainly see that.
armoredishamael chapter 11 . 12/21/2009
Very well done, especially Lillet's characterization and capabilities; she's very human, with flaws and insecurities, but when the cards are down, she's completely unstoppable.

I especially liked the chimera- at first, the reader thinks it's just a diversion, and Lillet is taking a huge risk...then the fight starts and you realize it's the best unit in the game, a freaking *Chimera*, and the poor bastards who are trying to take it on without an army are *screwed*