Reviews for Usagi's Struggles
Mi luz dari chapter 2 . 10/1/2016
Me encanto. Esas amigas duras...
Darkriver Hunter chapter 22 . 9/30/2016
I just wanted to say thank you for such an amazing story. This is so well written, has such depths of story and characters. It is a privilege to read and I love it.
I-Love-Trunks1 chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
I loved this story so much!
pipi96 chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
sequel sequel sequel
Please tell me there is sequel

I LOOOOOOVE IT
now SEQUEL ...please?
The Grand Dragon of Light chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
I'm a longtime reader and (apologetically) a first time reviewer, and I can sum up this story in one phrase: just INCREDIBLE!

I've loved this story from Chapter 1 and all the way throughout till this final Chapter. I loved the Sailor Moon show as a kid and am still fond of it and the nostalgia I feel from it. Even though I'm still a fan I admit I never thought of half of what Serena/Usagi went through in this story: sneaking out of her house late at night, lying to her parents (and lying by omission), giving up her free time, her friendship with Molly/Naru ... this was just so well written and I felt every bit of the turmoil my favourite Senshi of the Moon was going through.

Then there's her relationship with Darien/Mamoru, the English dubbed version was cute and all but you've made them so much more complex and relatable. Until they got together the phrase 'familiarity breeds contempt' seemed to suit them best, not in a malicious way but the idea is the same. That whole 'bonding process' was a smart way to go about the way their relationship evolved, yes they were old souls but Usagi is 14 at this point in time so they only did this for her benefit in the long run, a nice change from fics where they sleep together then everything slowly goes to Hell in the metaphorical handbasket.

Then there's the other Senshi: brilliant! I'm not gonna lie I HATED what the other three put her through! It's funny cos my favourite Element is Fire but I never liked Rei much, the way she was with Usagi just seemed too similar to 'light' bullying, if there is such a thing. Ami as per the norm is the study-obsessed brain of the group but even she couldn't understand how hard it is for the others to be Senshi and keep up with their schoolwork. I never understood Makoto's situation in the English dub, I always just assumed she was one of those characters with off-screen parents but clearly not now I'm older and can look up character bios. They felt all these pressures but none of them had the same family situation as Usagi, well Minako does but she, from what I've read, seems to have adjusted well to it but I suppose that came from having her memories and the wisdom to use them for the good of her family life.

I never noticed before but your 'Usagi getting weaker as time went on' was a brilliant plotline! Until Ami she was the only one battling the Youma and winning by herself! Thinking back on the series I can think of one of two scenarios: either the Youmas were getting atronger over time needing more Senshi to finish them or Usagi was getting weaker. Your choice was believable and so well-written I love it!

Next there's Luna ... Oh Luna why did you go down this route. You'd think the only one who was with Usagi every day for months would have understood her a bit more, fair enough Usagi was hiding her intelligence (another thing I think could very well be canon) but none of the other Senshi were cohabiting with their parents and a younger sibling. Surely she of everyone in this tory would have guessed? But nope, kitty let me down and thus this plotline took the paty less travelled.

Usagi's family were another big part of it, I loved seeing Ikuko/Irene's POV as Usagi's relationship with Mamoru changed from friends to boyfriend and girlfriend. She's such a nice woman and (except when Usagi was flunking her tests) just a totally warm and welcoming person. Kenji is the textbook example of the loving albeit protective father. Again I reference the English dub: the only time we ever see a reaction from Kenji about Usagi and Mamoru is in the Black Moon Arc and his comical reaction to his wife speaks volumes: "Honey, he's too old!" Haha :D But once again you made his character deeper and with genuine concern for his daughter, not gonna lie I would have the exact same reaction to a 14 year old dating an 18 year old irregardless of which gender was older! Shingo/Sammi wasn't around too much but he was in it just enough for me to like his small appearances and joking-snippy comments to his sister!

Lastly there was Rei ... once again you expanded on her character but stayed true to what I've seen in the canon, the only difference is your version backed off of Mamoru when she learned Usagi was the Moon Princess, albeit in the canon she didn't sink as far as she did in yours. Usagi taking her transformation away was just brilliant and I was grinning like an idiot reading that part (that and Mamoru telling her where to go too)!

Minako was brilliant, I notice you didn't make them cousins in your version but her being Usagi's decoy could easily account for their similarity just as easily as them being blood relatives (in a past life).

So in the end: the world is saved (for now) and all's well that ends well ... mostly.

With the Senshi if I were Usagi I'd take my sweet ol' time forgiving them. The way they ganged up on her was awful to read but seeing the consequences was fun ... I'm a horrible person I know :p

There are just so many things I love about this story, it was a joy to read and I fully intend to re-read it again and again. May I ask are you planning other fics to cover the rest of the Sailor Moon storyline? Unlikely as it is given your Serenity's bond with Endymion I would genuinely love to see what you would do with your interpretation of these characters during the infamous Black Moon breakup! If so I would subscribe to it in a heartbeat! If not then this is more than enough, I would just love to read about their journey from here and you did kinda hint at it because Usagi has her new broach ... will there be a sequel or is this it? Please tell me?

In summation: thank you so much for a brilliant Sailor Moon story, thank you for a new and refreshing take on an old favourite from my childhood and thanks to Fanfiction for giving me your story as a result when I was looking up fics about their break-up, I have no idea why your fic was in these results but I'm so glad because this error let me find a real jewel of a fanfic.

Brilliant from start to finish and a thousand thank yous from a grateful Dragon reader :)
LeafeKnight7 chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
Such a journey this one has been. I've really enjoyed every step. The ending is nice and pretty neutral. The whole plot circles around not being too cliche and I'm glad it ended that way as well. While perfectly happy endings are fun, something simple and light hearted is also enjoyed.

Thank you for writing this story. I look forward to future posts. Until next time. Please be well.
ej101 chapter 22 . 9/29/2016
Hi, this was a sizing chapter, I really hope you continue on with !this story! Just a though, have you thought of making this story into an audio podcast? It'd be great if you could manage it
qob1986 chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
I hope you do a sequel. I'd like to see more of Usagi's parents dealing with her identity and relationship with Mamoru, and the senshi gradually regaining their trust. and I'd also like to make a punt for the (good) generals return. I really like it when Endymion has his soldiers back and the girls have their men back...although Rei needs to be take down another peg or even taken out. anyway, I'll be checking here and Destiny's Gateway for any stories. good job!
nikkali44 chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
I really like the way you wrote the story and I'm both glad and sad that the story is done. I'm not sure if you plan to continue further with this Usagi or not so I'll be happy with what is there
Puffgirl1952 the 2nd chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Will you be doing the Black Moon Arc too next?
Hinata'sMuse chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Beautifully written and tied up! I could not have thought out a better finish! 3 I look forward to your future projects!
Azera-v chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Loved loved loved it! Any plans for a sequel?
SerenityxEndymion chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Awesome~! Great work as always, and I love how you had Usagi, Mamoru and Minako reveal their identities and everything to Usagi's parents. Now they'll seen theres more of their little girl then meets the eye. I hope Rei is able to get over her feelings for Mamoru and move on. Can wait for more if there is more.
RKF22 chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Excellent work please make a sequel to this great piece of work
DreadedCandiru2 chapter 22 . 9/28/2016
Well, now that the big war is over for now, it's time for the little war to go on its way.
739 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »