Reviews for Higher Ground
darkdranzer chapter 1 . 10/10/2014
...ok this was just ridiculous...he slipped on rubble? Harry and co just watched voldemort kill snape without helping? cmon! It totally goes against their character
UniquelyMi chapter 1 . 3/8/2013
Yeah, you're right. This would be so much better with a longer fight scene, and I think Voldemort would have gloated more. Great idea, though!
Caeryn Lae chapter 1 . 8/11/2008
I think I'll do what you suggested - ripping out the part of my HP 7 copy and use yours instead ;) This would have been a far better end for Snape, far more dignified!
yitaply chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
I love this way better. Way better.
duj chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
A valiant attempt, but there was a compelling reason for Snape not to defend himself against Voldemort - only we can't be sure whether he knew it, which would make his death self-sacrificing and heroic, or whether his death really was as useless as it seemed. (He probably did know, since his mum - like any other witch - would have brought him up on Beedle's tales. At any rate, he seemed to understand where the conversation was going, as soon as Voldemort mentioned the Elder Wand.)

Voldemort was careful not to hex Snape directly because he expected the Elder Wand to betray him for its master. If Snape had fought, threatening Voldemort into hexing him back, the wand's reaction would have proven that Snape was not its master and therefore that killing him would not pass on the mastery. So Voldemort would have known the wand was likely to betray him and he wouldn't have gone into battle with it.

(Hope your dad likes this explanation.)