Reviews for Burn
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This is really great. You're a talented writer. Love the angst.
XxCrash.And.BurnXx chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
"Burn" by Three Days Grace.

And I think I'm just going to curl up in bed next to him and keep him awake for a little longer. [

He doesn't need anymore nightmares.

Very well-written! ]]

Had me almost tearing up...

I hate watching Sam suffer like that, but you wrote descriptions very well!

It's in my favorites!

Nicely done!

.BurnXx
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Awesome oneshot-Sounds just like what Sam's nightmares might be like since Dean has made his deal-and with Sammy trying to hide them so he doesn't burden his big brother-so not good!
laughandlove chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Great job so far...what an awesome first fic! My first one sucked, so I'm pretty impressed! *lol* You really built up a sense of desperation and pain in the first paragraph - your description of hell was absolutely awful and all too clear; really easy to invision in the worst way possible. And by "the worst way" I mean in the sense of the imagery your GREAT description provides, not the way this was written! Because if I were to describe that, I'd say you did it in the best way possible! :D

I really love fics like these, ones that explore the psyches of the brothers, and especially ones that delve into the deal like this. So awesome!

I'm really looking forward to see where you go with this, good job! :)

-laughandlove
calcium77 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Great job! Very Angsty (is that a word?)
sciencegeek51 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Nice first effort. Well thought out and with a food feel for the characters.

What a pleasure to read a piece that isn't filled with grammatical errors or inane prattle. Keep up the good work.

If I might note, though, I think you really wanted the word "overpowering" instead of "overbearing" in the first paragraph.
bayre chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Is very sweet, what a great first start.
LadyVic chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Beth, this was truly amazing for a first fic. It would be truly amazing if it was your 50th fic. You really brought home to me what lies ahead for Dean. Your descriptions were brutal in their intensity, and brutality is exactly what it will be like for Dean.

You have a wonderful way with words and paint a really good picture with your descriptions. And you've done a great job of capturing both boys.

I am so so happy you decided to go ahead and post this. I really hope this is just the first of many fics. You've definitely got 'it'.
AnickaMarie chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
Great job beth. Especially for a first ficlet.

One line that stuck out for me was "he wouldn’t be Sammy anymore if Dean wasn’t around to call him that." That kind of says it all.
ames 449 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
I was going to write Oh with lots of o's but they never show up on this thing so imagine I'm saying it. I really enjoyed this. I thought considering this is your first story it was excellent.

The first paragraphy was really well written, it gave a sense of forbodding (that doesnt look right, foreboding...?) I loved the adjectives you used it in like burning, screaming, stench. Powerful words that build the scene perfectly!
daisymaygirl1 chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
I loved it, great fic. Sam's sufferings were so intensely written. Poor Sam, the deal is just destroying him so much. I'd love to see Sammy having nightmares about Dean and the deal on the show.
poisonivykiss chapter 1 . 12/31/2007