Reviews for When You Disappear
ChelberNo1 chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
*Rolls into a ball crying*
BeautyInDisquise chapter 1 . 1/6/2014
I might cry. Might. I'm in my room right now and if I cry, I blame hormones. I hate them.
The Melon Lord Approves chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
Lyralocke, thank you. I know you will never read this, but thank you.

As an Avatar fan, I'm mostly a laid-back love-it-all type. I may think this whole shipper war is stupid and pointless, but I'm not gonna hate on the Zutarians (their ship... maybe a little bit, but the people themselves are mostly lovely), and I have no real animosity towards anybody because hey, we're all part of the fandom, right?

But the one thing that always gets my hackles up is when people write Aang off as one-dimensional or some other rather insulting insinuation about the relative value of his character. Aang taken as a whole is magnificent and complex, and while not a lot of time is spent dwelling on the sheer scope of some of his actions (especially in the big picture sense), that doesn't mean that it isn't there. Just because he's not throwing a temper tantrum every ten seconds a la Zuko doesn't mean that he isn't dealing with some really huge issues... he just has grace enough to deal with his problems personally and not spill angst all over everything. I once saw a blogger explain that they stopped watching for a long time after Book 2 aired, and liked Zuko better than Aang, because Aang whined too much. Now, I love Zuko to bits, but... WHAT? I mean, WHAT?

Right here you've captured perfectly why that attitude is kind of ridiculous. Zuko's lost nothing that he can't get back (well, except like half his face), but he complains about it ALL THE TIME, and I'm not saying that he doesn't have a right to be upset. Aang has lost absolutely everything that ever mattered to him in his entire life- every single person he knew, Bumi excepted, every place he knew has been radically altered, his home is well on its way to crumbling away to dust. And he still gets up every day and has a happy smile on his face and walks around showing genuine compassion and empathy for people who have lost so much less than he has, and has fun with his friends and does his best to enjoy life even with the threat of war still hanging over him. But no, god forbid him having a difficult time dealing with losing Appa, his only tangible connection to his home and his friends and his entire culture... being devastated at losing that is CLEARLY having way too much of an overreaction... *facepalm*

Basically, thank you for writing this because it's such a true, pure examination of just what it is that Aang lives with every day. Sprinkled liberally with the goodness that is Kataang.
NorthernLights94 chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
this is exactly the type of story I was looking for. You wrote it perfectly! Thanks!
my trancey inspiration chapter 1 . 5/14/2009
wow. the emotion in this was so powerful. it actually brought tears to my eyes.
Nicole chapter 1 . 2/6/2009
Oóh! I love it! It's soo cute :)
Krystal McKenna chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
That was so touching... and you hadn't seen that episode... wow.
Rebellamb chapter 1 . 11/23/2008
Aw... that was adorable... I kinda needed one of these. Thanks :D
samtana chapter 1 . 11/5/2008
Are you sure you didn't watch the episode before writing this? You pretty much nailed it. You're right that people don't seem to remember how much Aang has lost. Nice story.
darkgirl-08 chapter 1 . 1/29/2008
I cried when i read your fic... is very good continue writting stories like these
KurukiXV chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
*sniffle,sniffle* Now, I feel like crying and yet you wrote this like you've seen The Western Air Temple. You're a very toching writer and the descriptions are quite enthralling.
AnimegirlKiki chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Aw! That was great! Wish i could watch the western air temple episode...bloody USA nick...oh well. Good story! Lol, kiki
Sparrow Logan chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
god i love ur storys there all great
nutshak chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
fukkin awesome
Winnywriter chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Happy dance! Happy dance! Oh, I loves it! I loves it so much. One of the best stories that I've ever read ever. Great great job!