Reviews for The SceneShifter's Tale
Vivaciti chapter 7 . 3/8/2008
I actually found this chapter rather comical in a way - haha, loved the last line! Anyway this was quite the story and I enjoyed it very much not only for its descriptiveness, but for its originality as well. Please keep writing because you now have one more fan! :D
anonymus chapter 7 . 3/6/2008
That was an incredible chapter! Your writing style gives the story that suspenseful tone so prominent in Leroux's novel. It was clever of you to fill that gap in the original story the way you did. Your conclusion was also very powerful. I believe it successfully showed Erik's lack of emotional stability in a manner very true to the book. Great job!
Chantal chapter 7 . 3/6/2008
*applauds* Bravo! You've done a wonderful job of wrapping up this little ficlet. I am still amazed that this has not received more attention. As I said before, your writing style in exceptional and you set the mood of the characters and story quite well. Well done. I look forward to seeing more work from you!
Vivaciti chapter 6 . 2/17/2008
That was f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c. The descriptiveness, the entire atmosphere, Buquet's reactions...they were all exceedingly well done. The psalm was also a beautiful touch and actually made me garner a bit more sympathy for Buquet than I originally thought I had for him. Loved it.

Vivaciti chapter 5 . 2/16/2008
Wonderful writing yet again! -waits eagerly for the next update-

f.a chapter 1 . 2/11/2008
I really like your descriptions. It goes well in moving the story. Body raining sweat. I can picture that.
Chantal chapter 5 . 2/11/2008
I just started reading your story and I have to say that so far you've really done a good job at capturing the darker, more gothic atmosphere of the tale and I'm quite gratified that you've used a Leroux-based depiction of Erik. Your portrayal of Buquet is also very entertaining and I look forward to future installments!
Vivaciti chapter 4 . 2/9/2008
You have Buquet down to a science, my friend: dirty, deplorable, and very realistic. This is all very original and I love the offbeat feeling you have given this piece. Well, done!

famously anonymous chapter 3 . 1/5/2008
Now we're gettin' somewhere! I love the elusive Erik. Even when he's not really in a scene, he's in a scene, know what I mean? But I know he's here, just subtle, the way he's meant to be.
romance for life chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Buquet's so awful. From the movie perspective, you've nailed him, cuz' I think the book says something like he was a serious or sober man. But since this is a mingled piece, it works.
pastheart chapter 2 . 1/3/2008
Please update again soon. It is wonderfully written.
romance for life chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
I'm so glad I didn't miss this. Thanks for the heads up. Well, I know the plot, but nice eerie aura you've got going on. "Shadows", "stale air", and "lonely corners", yeah you set the mood and tone.

Will look for the next one.
famously anonymous chapter 1 . 12/31/2007
You're back. I like this start. It's a little short, but you've got some vivid images here. Don't know about the whole film/Leroux split there. I should've said Leroux first. Oh, well.