Reviews for While You Were Gone
The Last Sea Serpent chapter 1 . 4/29/2015
Wonderful. I too am curious as to how Walter reacted upon hearing of Alucard's return and Richard's treachery and subsequent death.
RedRedRosy chapter 1 . 8/30/2010
Not sure why I hadn't read this before, but oh well. I have a bit to say on this one, a couple points to hit.

First reaction: Wow, that's bittersweet.

You really have to wonder what was going through Walter's mind. With his hatred (or whatever it is he feels towards Alucard) it makes sense that he would be put on edge at the idea of Integra being more or less left in a demon's care. Gaping is the least he could do.

Which leads me to how expressive Walter seems to be in this whole situation. Walter is a vampire hunter, so he's seen quite a bit of gore. A story from a girl who's on the edge of laughter at the thought of Alucard *eating* her uncle is enough to cause him to stagger? It's believable, but Walter always seemed...untouchable.

Now, Integra: "distracted him by ripping his arm off" ... talk about a morbid sense of humor. Jeez. The girl's been through a lot though, and Integra was never a normal woman anyway. Too strong.

Integra not allowing people to touch her...really well played. Although I'd of course argue again that she wouldn't feel *that* comfortable with Alucard - to allow him to be one of only two people she allows contact with her! After what she had seen him do, I imagine her being both grateful and a little freaked. But that's me.

Overall everything is still good, but I think I've pointed out my complaints (if they can really be called that) with this fic. However this is almost three years old, so it's great with that in consideration. For what's it's worth though, these were my thoughts.

Ah, such a long review...
Tuli-Susi chapter 1 . 11/1/2009
Oh, wow. I never thought of that before. How DID Walter get the info. I always privately believed that Alucard told him, but this way is MUCH more plausible. Great story! And I loved the part when Integra told Alucard to stay away cos she wasn't calling him. Don't know why, but it was my favourite.
Redmage2 chapter 1 . 10/21/2008
The rising hysteria feels very real. I felt a bit disjointed from this fic at the beginning, but once the true interaction between Integra and Walter begins, everything smooths out. I especially liked the “No, I’m not calling you, stay away,” and how *that* is what truly convinces walter. A great fic showing the bond between them.
SageofAges729 chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Wah! The poor kid! God, what a trooper, there's nothing I can say...but, anyway, great job, you really brought the emotion out in this one, I just want to glomp the kid. (Although Alucard would probably tear me to pieces for that...-_-;)
knives4588 chapter 1 . 5/6/2008
that was very good

very well written

as was The Funeral
Different Child chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
I like this. A lot.
Selene08 chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
That had to be one of the sweetes scenes ever! Oh I am so happy that I had the honor of reading this. Excellent work, I really want to see Walter's reaction when he see's Alu-chan for the first time in twenty years. Please continue with it! Good work!
shanejayell chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Aw...

Oddly bittersweet, knowing how Hellsing goes.
Anonymous Psychofan chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
haha, this is such a good little fic. It started out pretty funny, but then it ended really sweet! Kudos! XD