Reviews for With Great Power: Devils, Deals, and Destiny
tevya smolka chapter 1 . 7/4
i love this well done man bravo and in my opinion a way better send off for aunt may and plus a little bonus for not letting peter take the deal with mephisto in the end bravo man bravo
DBZ Stargate Ninjawars chapter 1 . 11/19/2010
"I've been your husband for almost five years now. That's over twice as long as when I was with Gwen."

Aside from that VERY messed up statement, you did pretty well.

Spider-Man has been at the job for about 4-5 years when Civil War comes about. He's been with Mary Jane for what, one year? He was 19 when he revealed his face I believe from what he said in the press conferance.

That Iron Man scene was a little weird, since he almost murdered Peter before. If he took that to court it'd look like Tony was trying to silence him after seeing the prison and not an actual law breaking Spider-Man. Too bad Peter has been so far outside of the law for so long that he doesn't think to use it to his advantage.
Paladin of Farore chapter 1 . 10/14/2009
this is spot on, May would never let him do that. Thank you Joe quesada for screwing over forty years of great comics!
Dr Facer chapter 1 . 6/6/2008
Too bad things didnt happen like this. I wouldn't have quit Spider Man comics...
Soundwave-82 chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
this is much better story that Joe Q who i think wants Spiderman to be long the lines of Batman but only a cheaper version and die alone So the Idea Peter/Spiderman would make a deal Mephisto like he would care for there marriage which make Spiderman Stories more interesting.

Who wants to read Brand New Day which basic tell about Peter trying get his life as young teenager which make no real sense and idea Spiderman not fighting in the Civil war is laughable Spiderman would have fight married or unmarried.

Lets all hopes that fan pressure will change there minds and changed it back to the way it was
Spawn Guy chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
Amazing. Spectacular. Additional Spidey sub title. It's exactly what should have been done, moving forward instead of plunging us back into the dark ages with the laziest (and most obviously pending to be undone) plot conceivable. Peter just looks so much stronger facing down both Mephisto and Vulture's natures head on instead of taking the easy way out.

And the helping hand from Tony, the man responsible for bringing some of the best and worst turns in his life, is just a nice not quite return to their relationship before both turned on his principles and took a side.

And more as kind of partners instead of a father and son, or mentor and pupil. Two guys with enough similarities to be interestingly different. Great.

I'll be keeping up with this over Dan Slott's unfortunately hampered and rushed three times a month style.

Fantastic work. It's great to see Spidey fan being proactive in the face of Quesada's wilfully ignorant pissing about. And I love the title. "With Great Power...".

Amazing.
BasilioBoy777 chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
Praise Odin for writing this, you saint! Joe Q is an absolute (various profanities and rather nasty terms here. rant on how much of an ass JQ is. extends more than 30 pages.) this is what they should have done. this is what would really have happened if Mephisto/Joe (same difference though, right?) hadnt interferred. I elevate u to professional writer status to take the place of that incessant prick JQ. live long, man. live long. You are a true True Believer.
Mister Gordo chapter 1 . 1/10/2008
Thank you SO MUCH for writing this. After the travesty that JQ has perpatrated I really needed this.

I have pulled ALL the Spider books Except Ult and Spider Girl. Until Marvel FIRES Joey and RETCON's his RETCON.

So fan fic like this is very much apreciated. Aunt May had beutiful send off back in ASM 400. And she should have been allowed to rest in peace then.

But NO they couldn't have that. She was brought back for some unfathomable reason. Istead of given Pete & MJ thier child back.

And years later thier doing it again. Except this time they've gone even furthur and rob us of a marriage that ALOT of us love. AND turned back the clock. So now instead of an adult happily married man moving forward in his life. We're going back to a post graduate Directionless Pete Sponging off his elderly Aunt. And No MJ in sight.

One of the Hallmarks of Marvel back in glory the days of the "House of Ideas" was that unlike DC at the time, Marvel Heroes Had a past. They Grew and Changed as they experinsed life for good or ill. They weren't static. That was the reason Marvel was a success. You CARED about the chacters and thier lives. The Marvel formula of treating thier universe as a real tangible thing was such a success that DC followed Marvel's example and made their characters lives matter. No longer was a Whiz Bang action story good enough. Characters had to be Real flesh and blood 3 demensional beings.

Now sadly Marvel seems to forgotton the very lessons that they themselves tought the entire industry.

This is no longer the House That Stan. Jack, Steve. And ao many other Giants Built.

What a Sad state of affairs.
Tork chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Hey, thanks everybody who enjoyed this story. I really appreciate the kudos.

Just to let everyone know, this is just a prologue to a fanfic series made by me and a few others. My friend, Jeff's writrzblok, will be coming out with the next story/issue very soon, so keep track of our fanfic community, "With Great Power" as we'll be churning out tales three Mondays a month, same as Brand New Day. I will be back for issue three on the 21st. Hope to see you all then!
Wolvmbm chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Wow, what a power introduction for such a great story.

I can't wait to see the rest of the story and how Peter is going to be getting out of this situtation. :(

I wonder if Loki is going to be involved within this story and how will the other heroes look up to Spider-man now that his aunt is gone ? :(

And what of Mephisto and his threat, will he full fill them ? :(

Please do continue with this story as it seems very interesting to read about. :D
htbthomas chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
It's nice to see an OMD-never-happened story! I am a bit traumatized by the whole thing, really. :(( I truly wish this story had actually happened.
liliaeth chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
This was simply wonderful. Just what was needed to cleanse the palate of the shitfest that was One More Day. At least your Peter still acts like Peter, instead of the characterrape they pulled on Peter just to get Quesada what he wanted.

Thank you, thank you so much.
Zarius chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Wonderfully written, powerfully expressed in the JMS style of prowse. His impact on Spider-Man will be greatly missed. Yes, May SHOULD have died

I would have had something a little wilder than Mephisto...like have Galactus grant May the power cosmic for real this time, and not just for an old chestnut "What If" joke, allowing her to ascend to a level beyond death helping others as some kind of "real" Guardian Angel, it'd keep her alive and keep her significant.

Peter would NEVER have made a deal with the devil, but when the devil is the worst Marvel editor in the companys history, he's got no choice but to do his "job". Screw Quesada.