Reviews for A Budding Rose
KathleenDee chapter 4 . 9/1/2008
eh...this was a great chapter but to be honest I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE LUKKA MOMMENTS! ...sorry did i actually say that? lol like i said before awsome chapter. Picturing Yuna as ten years old is funny, i think you got her character down nicely. Like when she prys Lulu about Chappu, excellent!
FFX-fan chapter 3 . 6/24/2008
I'm really enjoying this. The character interactions and personalities are realistic. It's a simple and fun read; a great break from some of the rather jejune summer-reading books I've been leafing through... Update soon!

FFX-fan
BeautifulxxDisaster chapter 3 . 6/22/2008
I like this - Epsecially the way you showed how Lulu made friends with Yuna, Wakka and Chappu.
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 3 . 6/21/2008
Yay an update! And a long chapter too! It was good; great descriptions and a real look into how Yuna became friends with Lulu and Wakka. I really like the way you portray Lulu here too. You do a wonderful job intertwining the characters and keeping everything wonderfully descriptive. It's like watching a movie! . Looking forward to the next update!

~Saira
AuronLu chapter 2 . 5/12/2008
I love a rare story like this, picking up character threads and following them in a logical direction where the game never went.

It feels a little rushed in places, partly because of the lousy formatting of this site (I think I need more space between paragraphs) but that's a superficial comment on a good story.

I like how you explained the way Lulu interacts with those boys: bossy, grumpy, yet friendly.

I enjoy the rare glimpse of her parents. And the sadness. I don't think a fanfic can really be FFX unless it captures that game's knack for tragedy with dignity, characters forced to grapple with grief and go on.
Twillight Bunny chapter 2 . 4/8/2008
Wow..this rocks,but maybe you could work on the spacing a bit?It's kinda hard to read :)

but other than that..WOW. :)
KathleenDee chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
NP!, for some reason i cannot picture Lulus dad...i mean her mom would look something like her y'know...but her dad m not so much. lol anyway this was sad but in a good way. keep it ups

Kat
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 2 . 3/2/2008
Wow...powerful chapter...

I could really emphasize with Lulu in the beginning where she's absolutely doing everything in her power to stay awake during a class...that happens to me when watching movies on cell division in science class (-.-). I laughed out loud when I got to the part where Lulu schools the teacher. You know, she's absolutely right about shunning the Al Bhed...she's really smart as a 6 year old! .

When I got to the part with Lulu's mother dying you literally had tears forming in my eyes...

Everything was so perfect...she was having fun with Wakka and Chappu and looking forward to her parents coming home and WHAM everything goes horribly wrong all at once. My heart just sank when I read that her parents weren't home yet...it sank even more when Lulu was at the hospital...

Man, to be able to pull so much emotion out of the reader is an amazing feat, well done on this chapter...I wonder if this is what helps to make Lulu who she is in FFX...

Amazing chapter, looking forward to your next update (don't let that writing assaignment get you down, you're amazing and don't forget that .)

~Saira
KathleenDee chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
i like it, thats how i would imagened they all became friends
Sairalinde Inwe chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Nice work on this chapter! I like the way you portrayed Lulu, though it is hard for me to think of her in anything other than black... anyway I like the story so far! Update soon!