Reviews for The First Precept
Chrissy chapter 1 . 11/8/2012
This is the best I've read so far. Quite good, and an interesting new perspective.
Pay Per Mint chapter 1 . 10/13/2011
Oh, my goodness! That was really amazing. Your writing style is so beautiful and easy to read. It feels real, like I could just sail up to the Sisters and talk to Hyacinthe. It adds a whole new dimension to him for me. Even if it is only a Fanfic, I feel like you've really stayed true to his character. This was wonderful, thank you for posting this!
upintheairofnyc chapter 1 . 4/21/2011
Sweet, sad, intense and wonderful */* Honestly, this makes me almost cry. I love Alcuin so much, and yet I was surprised to read about him from Hyas POV :)
AinactiveA chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
Simply wonderful. You write this with much style and grace, much like the author. Thank you for writing this.

-ASRC
RowanJade chapter 1 . 6/2/2008
O very nice! I'm glad I stumbled upon your work because it's a very wonderful look into parts of the Kushiel's world that we don't normally get. Way too little was delved into Alcuin's childhood and Hyacinthe's youth so this is a very nice look at them. You really should expand this and give us more about Hyacinthe's youth. I for one would love that!
NebulaSpider chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Technically well written and completely in style with the series...but I have to admit, the point of it eluded me a little bit. Carey is very subtle in point and plot..maybe you emulated that a bit too much? I couldn't tell if the main focus was Hyacinthe or Alcuin. While I enjoyed reading it for the style you write with, I would suggest focusing a little bit more on the subject of future stories.