Reviews for Walk Away
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
So very touching and heartfelt. Adore this line: He needed to believe that his family would never turn their backs on him, not like they thought he had done to them. They would understand in time, he was sure of it. They would see that they were better off if he wasn't around to screw things up, to get in their way.

That gets really down into the heart of what Sam felt. Walking away had to have been so hard.
poisonivykiss chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
'That day, Sam Winchester did one of the hardest things he would ever have to do, he walked away.'.

Gorgeous.
XxCrash.And.BurnXx chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Alright, so reading this makes me want to write a story, starting it with your piece on the bus.

I might not end up posting it, but I want to try it 'cause a small idea sparked in my brain. ]

With your permission of course. Hence the statement. lol

Well-written! Like, 2 spelling mistakes but I only noticed 'cause I do that with my friend Keara and it bugs the shit out of her...and me when she doesn't fix it. x_x

BUT ANYWHOO!

I loved it!

.BurnXx
twinchaosblade chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Grandiose reflection on Sammy's part about walking away from everything he ever knew and loved. This was very intense and did justice to the character of Sam to a) have him ponder this decision thoroughly over and over and b) feel bad about what he did to his family while thinking about whether this really meant he wasn't ever going to be welcome again. It's the essence of his character to believe that deep down he failed his family because he wasn't living up to his father's and his brother's expectations, plus endangered their lives when they fiercely protected him.

I loved the line 'As the miles passed beneath him, he realized he could try to convince himself all the way to Stanford that he was doing the right thing, but in his heart he knew he was still walking out on his family.'
ames 449 chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Nice! I liked that alot and I'm glad you didn't chose to do it in first person which probably would have been an easier choice but personally I'm not a fan of the whole 'I' story. I thought you really captured Sam's fears and doubts well. Good job.