Reviews for Consolation
Katherine chapter 1 . 11/9/2015
Love this. I've read all of the so called 'd'Artagnan Romances', which basically means everything from 'the three musketeers' to 'the man in the iron mask,' and I did always think it was funny that Athos, for all his noble heritage, only had a child due to the whim of, what I'm sure would today be portrayed as, a 'manic pixie dream girl' finding amusement in 'damning an abbé'.

Obviously the whole d'Artagnan telling Raoul's ex girl that it was her fault Raoul decided to kill himself always settled absolutely idiotically in my mind.

D'Artagnan was an insane, ridiculous hypocrite, even as he grew older and ought to have understood cause and effect and how it relates to responsibility (being -obsessed- with a woman for a week, forgetting she existed, pretending to be another woman's lover, killing her, kicking a man out of a woman's house because D would not marry her and this other man would! etc, etc, etc, ...loyalty, thy name is *not* d'Artagnan, basically. He never, at any point before being gunned down and dying in late middle age with no real honor, shows a capability of personal growth. How dare he say anything to that girl caught up in court life? ...Says every logical part of me that thinks men and women and general behavior should be equal in society - but therein lies the reason to read it at all).

But, that's part of reading the books; forgetting psychology, because at the time it didn't exist in anything resembling objectivity. On the same note, homosexuality has always been a known and acknowledged behavior, and rarely considered unnatural in the large scheme of things. America/the west in general seems too have managed a lot of progress and damage simultaneously in very few years.
Sta Fantasia chapter 1 . 6/15/2015
*0* Great, great, great story. I just discovered this couple recently but I swear that I adore :3 Thanks! !
susumiya08 chapter 1 . 9/16/2013
awwwwwww pleeeeease I want more!
FictionWriter09 chapter 1 . 4/3/2012
Only word can describe this: Love. I Love the series, love the pairing, love this story

If you wanna see Athos/D'Artagnan check the 2011 movie..put it this way I was half expecting a kiss between the two.

there needs to be more of this pairing!
Narami chapter 1 . 2/16/2012
I absolutely love this story!

I know it is finished and everything but I would love to see what would happen the next morning... And after... Sorry, but I am a sucker for fluff even if it is angsty.
ElephantKhaleesi chapter 1 . 11/13/2011
Gaaah! I loved this! I'm happy I could find a Three Musketeers story at all! This was done very well, you did a good job!

XD

~o.o~
Ravensoul chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I loved this story! Although I prefer the Aramis/Athos pairing this was very well written! Do you think you could write something like this for Athos and Aramis please? If you don't mind of course.
TerranSugar chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
This was wonderful! Well written and totally sweet.
Alaie chapter 1 . 1/18/2011
Oh dear Bob, I absolutely love this :D

I'm reading the Three Musketeers right now (for school) and I just HAD to come and see if I was the only one feeling the Athos/D'Artagnan tension xD

Appparently not!

And well done - your writing is simply brilliant!

Anyone else think we should come up with an Athos/D'Artagnan pairing name? :P D'Athosgnan? xD
Iatheia chapter 1 . 1/1/2011
Damn... this was... incredibly... I am at loss of words.

I rarely read story word for word, just scan the text, mostly. You made me actually read it, twice, and you made me whimper both times... Damn...
don chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
you do a vary good job making the story visual in the mind, don't take it the rong way.
crazy queen of toast chapter 1 . 6/10/2010
That was really sweet thanks for writing it!
ida-emilie chapter 1 . 2/21/2010
A really funny and cute fanfic, and not at all too sweet for me... I actually find that Athos and D'Artagnan have more love between them (though in the books it may only be fatherly love, who knows xD)...

one mistake though: the musketeers don't drink ale/beer but wine... they really, REALLY like spanish wine xDD
emmypf chapter 1 . 8/14/2009
aw! a little bit of bitter sweetness for my night. :D after watching the (disneys) three musketeers i thought there was a little bit of Athos/d'Artagnan tension happening. obviously i'm not the only one! unfortunately i still haven't read the book even though i now have it as im still trying to get through Moby Dick. though, i'm proud to say that theres a bit of slashliness in there too! :)
Keppiehed chapter 1 . 5/26/2009
Wow, a powerful little story, well written, well considered, and thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks for sharing this unique viewpoint!