Reviews for The Servants' Ball
Jaxa chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Nicely done!
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
::sigh:: So wonderfully done, so romantic, and so beautifully written as well. You are certainly the best writer in this fandom, small though it may be. Bravo!
Nangijala chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Beautiful story!
peculiarjuliar chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
I absolutely LOVE it! You've captured Mary's character so well. And Parks, he's perfect in this. They are such a fabulous couple and I wish there was more stories about them. Great job!
MonicaOP chapter 1 . 5/24/2009
I have to say bravo! I loved this story! This is one of my favorite movies and I never thought to look for fics until now.. and to find this story by you, one of my favorite SMV writers was amazing!

I think this deserves a sequel but I guess you'll need to be inspired. I love how Mary defends Mrs Wilson and how she talks with Robert... but I do feel something is missing... you left it hanging as they did on the movie.. meanie :)

Thanks for such a lovely story, I also checked the other 2 Gosford you have and I loved them both... more And Seas May Lie Between than Carpe Diem.. what can I say I really enjoyed the kiss :). thanks again for such a wonderful story, be well, Monica
The Huntress1 chapter 1 . 5/16/2009
This is such a fantastic story. The attention to period detail is absolutely perfect. Technical without once ringing false or forced. It's been quite some time since you posted this but I do hope you write more someday. I'd love to see what Robert says to his mother and whether he does indeed leave with, and presumably, marry Mary.

Cielita chapter 1 . 4/1/2009
Remarkable! I loved Gosford Park for it's amazing cast (Helen Mirren being at the top of the list for me!) and this story was so well done I nearly cried at the end! I can only imagine the reconciliation between Robert and his mother-and he gets Mary too!-the ending I always wanted!
weezer42 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
thank you. I just watched Gosford park again this week, and needed something to follow it up with. Your fic was perfect.

you kept it honest to the characters and the situation they were in - I applaud you for that.
endorwitch chapter 1 . 8/29/2008
OMGAWD! i randomly came here to read some other movie fics and then decided to browse the entire film category. I have wanted to read Mary/Robert fic ever since i saw the film when it came out! THANK YOU!
Libbet chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
Oh my god! Gosford Park fic! And it was great! You captured Robert and Mary's voices prefectly, very well done.
Dark-bat chapter 1 . 7/7/2008
this was a really good story. You really managed to keep the spirit and mood of the movie.

I think it'd be really interesting if you wrote a follow-up.
starbuck2008 chapter 1 . 5/5/2008
loved it !

Clive .. such an absolute babe , and the way you wrote the characters i could totally visualize all of them perfectly.

I even like the ending and if you chose to continue the story I

would totally love to read it
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
That is a great way to end the story; just enough that we know what happens and can fill in the rest. Very true to the spirit of the movie. And I'm glad someone else thought Robert and Mary should have a tryst; it's about time. Very, very well written; Nice work!
Ellen Fitzwilliam Brandybuck chapter 1 . 3/11/2008
I so totally love this! I always enjoyed the movie and wanted there to be more "fluff" between Mary and Robert. Clive Owen is *drools* handsome. Thanks so much for sharing this, you did a great job of staying IC with all the characters.
CarolineNotCarolyn chapter 1 . 1/30/2008
Absolutely lovely. This is one scenario that I wish we could have seen on screen! Fabulous fic.