Reviews for And Seas May Lie Between
Mariagoner chapter 1 . 4/11/2012
Utterly charming and so incredibly well-written and true to the intimacies of the movie. Wonderful work!
KH56 chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I loved your writing and the way you finished up the story of Gosford Park. It was very much in the style of the movie, and easily could have been filmed as a logical ending for the original. You are a gifted writer. Thanks!
Nangijala chapter 1 . 10/23/2010
Charming!
peculiarjuliar chapter 1 . 4/10/2010
This is such a well written story and it was a joy to read! I loved the outsider's perspective into Parks's actions and motives. And I especially loved the subtle romance between Mary and Parks that you weaved in as well. Well done!
Nanuk chapter 1 . 10/28/2009
Oh, how I wish they would have ended the movie like this. :) Thanks!
mistralcat chapter 1 . 6/30/2009
I liked this a lot. You really have a good feel for Ivor, and I loved the little hints of romance between Parks and Mary. And if anyone of the upstairs crowd would have figured out what really happened, it makes sense to be Ivor, being such an outsider.
The Huntress1 chapter 1 . 5/17/2009
Another beautiful story, bursting to the gills with syrupy rich detail. I enjoyed this greatly and will consider all of your stories canon...except for one thing: I do wish you'd found a way to bring Isobel and Rupert back together. It does seem unlikely that they would have married given his younger son status and what not, but I like to imagine they both stayed unattached through the war and found one another again during or afterward and were able to settle down. Wishful thinking I'm sure. Ah well.

P. S. I too wondered about Rupert and Jeremy's friendship. Perhaps something on the order of Brideshead? Though I do see Jeremy as the dominant one, considering how ably he "advises" his friend.
weezer42 chapter 1 . 12/30/2008
again...lovely follow up to the movie, well observed, and very well written.

thank you, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Gosford Park fan chapter 1 . 7/24/2008
This was a wonderful story! I have already read and enjoyed your other Gosford Park fic based around Robert and Mary. This one, however, had so much more depth ... perhaps because it was from Ivor's perspective. Please write more Gosford Park fics. You do such a wonderful job.
Mercury Gray chapter 1 . 3/29/2008
A great story for an equally great movie; one of my favorites, actually. You've gotten these characters spot on, and it really contributes a lot to the overall feel of the story. Nothing terribly wrong that I can see, just a long string of rights. Excellent work!
mjrkrantz chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
I really enjoyed this...a lot. you are a fantastic writer and really captured the movie. But why was Ivor in jail at the beginning? I guess I didn't get that. I wasn't sure when they stopped imprisoning ppl in the UK for being gay whc was horrible. I also thought I read on wikipedia that it was unsure whether or not he was actually gay but did allude to it a lot in the film. Thanks for the fanfic it was quite awesome.
SamanthaPaige chapter 1 . 1/20/2008
Great job with this story! Excellent interaction between the characters and good job with continuing the plot after the movie.
Lady Jane's Muse chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Well done - another fantastic read. Great attention to detail and excellent characterisation. Thank you for sharing!

LJ
Elliesmeow chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Loved it! Loved the little glimpses of Robert and Mary through someone else's eyes/ I loved the hinting at the relationship Parks shared with Izzie though it's never mentioned in the movie, it's nice to know he thought of her as family.

I liked how you got into Ivor's head and we saw people as he did. The affection he had for Izzie for instance and how he wished he might have been her godfather but settled for fond relation was nice. Bittersweet to think he'd never be a father himself. But I liked that Izzie ended up with someone who thought she was worthwhile, that's really great.

Thanks for sharing this fic too. Have a great day.

-Ellie