Reviews for Childbirth
Cutter12 chapter 1 . 10/31/2013
A very tender and moving story. That opening line was definitely an attention grabber; very poetic and heartbreaking.
LoganSunshine chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Oh this story really touched me. I've always loved the Hebrew langague especially in a situation such as this. Great job keep up the good work!
epalladino chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
Very sad, but it explains the first line so well.

Thanks, Beth
theonlyxception chapter 1 . 6/10/2008
What a wonderful and touching story. I can already see a great image of Charlie and Amita in their son's eyes.
jujuberry chapter 1 . 1/15/2008
Nice story, very sad but cute.

Just an FYI: Jewish families traditionally don't usually name a child after someone still living, it's considered bad luck.
Serialgal chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
Aw geez. After all the writing I've done with you, you'd think I'd be a little prepared - but no - you had me bawling, again. Beautiful little piece.
jas0643 chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Great story.
Magister Equitum chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
oh Fraidy. You've out done yourself again. I am impressed (shouldn't really be with the excellent quality of your work) with the reactions you gave Charlie: wanting to hate his son for stealing the love of his life, but not able to because of love. The name is wonderful as well. This blew me away and hit deep. Fantastic!
1st endeavor chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
This was such a sad and beautiful story. The characters have such a believable quality to them. It's amazing how you bring them to life.
Please Enter Your Name chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
that was really good.

except for the part you killed off amita.

and i have absolutly no plans to sue you.
An-Jelly-Ca chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Great story, I loved it, especially Charlie naming the baby after Don.
montez chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
beautifully heartbreaking.
Ivette Boveda chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
very bittersweet
Patty chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Why is it that a funny remark in the midst of grief can be so effective? Charlie would

have been just as proud of his son if he had the Eppes nose but he'll always see Amita there

whenever he looks at young Donnie.

It's so good to see this new story from you, FraidyCat. You're particularly good writing

these meaty one shots. Thank you!
Ms.GrahamCracker chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
It may not have had much of a plot, but it was filled with love and loss and sadness, and even in the sadness, it had humor.

A great effort and a lovely story. Thank you for sharing.