Reviews for The Man For The Job
hajimebassaidai chapter 1 . 2/22/2010
I like that Jonathan's strength of character shows through in this fic. Mostly he is a liar and a thief and he will never win any prizes for courage but he also isn't a bad person. Nice to see his love for Evie, need to try and do the right thing by her in this instance and concern for her ring through, plus enough self-awareness to know that he couldn't really damage Rick if he tried! Plus that Rick takes his inquiries and warning without mocking them. Of course, he's back to his old self at the end. Enjoyed!
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 1/25/2009
A great story. Very good.
myrmidryad chapter 1 . 1/6/2009
Aw, protective Jonathan even if he would be pretty useless against Rick in an actual fight. Love his threat though - "Well, I don't know what I'd do, but there would be pain involved. And insects of some kind. And possibly shovels." Lol.

And sneakiness at the end! So like Jonathan!
Pampers Baby Dry chapter 1 . 10/29/2008
haha! as soon as jon saw the gold im like "OMG! RICK STOP THE CAMEL! GOLD GLORIOUS GOLD!" hahahaah! loved it see yha
CuriousCate chapter 1 . 8/17/2008
Loved it:D Absolutly amazing job on the charactorisations (is that even a word?)!
Lattelady chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
I love Rick and Evie stories, but have no talent writing them. You have a great deal of talent. This gets my warm fuzzy award for the evening.
ida chapter 1 . 2/27/2008
that explains how Jonathan got that golden for writing it. And could made a fic how Jonathan knew to drive away the pygmi screaming back like to order "back off!" as his former life in the ancient Egypt?
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
Adorable.
Brunette chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
(I read this earlier today, and then I forgot to review. What an idiot...)

Anyway, this was just lovely. Your writing is so lyrical and stylish, and I love your interpretation of Jonathan. The discourse between he and Rick was especially good.

It would really be a shame if you didn't write a chapter story sometime! ;)

(Oh, I was going to ask you-is this a challenge response, by any chance? I guess you never said that, but something in your author's note gave me that impresion)

Once again, nice work. I'll be looking out for more from you!
deeply-spaced chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Wonderfully written. You've captured Jonathan perfectly, which is very hard to do. Thank you. I love this, very much. I'd love to read more.
Star Mage1 chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
I just hope once the third Mummy movie comes out it leaves me as statisfied as this has.