Reviews for Second Place
Shadow'sDelight chapter 1 . 2/9
WHOA...This was awesome.
Coooool123 chapter 1 . 2/10/2014
Healer Kira chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
I love this story. I will love it forever.
It is well-written, a good insight, and i couldn't help reading it thrice. This is a story i can only dream of writing.
LissaCubed chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I've never found Roy to be a very interesting character; he and Wendy are my least favorite Koopalings. But this story might just turn me into a fan of him. I like how you showed a vulnerable side to Roy underneath the tough exterior, and how you had him and Luigi find they have something in common. I don't normally like dialogue written in accents either, but Roy's accent was absolutely perfect.

I'm sorry this review isn't longer - I can't think of anything else to say. I know this story is three years ago, but I really hope you write more Koopaling fanfiction.
Tiana Koopa chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Cool story.
SmashQueen chapter 1 . 5/1/2010
Hmm. I don't read Mario fics very much, but this one caught me by surprise. Out of all the other ones that I passed, I'm glad I stopped at this one.

I'm not sure what to say, really. I'm a bit speechless and all I can think of is: 'This was written quite well.' Loved Roy's accent and aside from Luigi's eye color changing, I caught nothing wrong (of course, I tend to miss things if I get deep enough into a story).

Great job.
GrimGregg chapter 1 . 1/21/2010
Oh wow, deep, meaningful, featuring my all time fave brother...thumbs up from me! Generally Roy isn't one I think much about, but after this I think I'll start to really like him.

Sounds kinda stupid, but really, it's just a wonderful story!
Cinder chapter 1 . 1/1/2010
I liked it, my fav character Luigi, and a very deep and well written koopaling. I like it when they have personalities
Sunatic chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Very nice! Both well written and in character, and a touching view into characters that are often forgotten.

But, for the sake of your own future stories, I gotta nit-pick a little - you changed Luigi's eye color in the middle of the story. When Luigi wonders about the doctoring moment, you describe his eyes as green. However, at the very end you say they're blue. And this is why beta-reading the story two or three times for consistency before posting is a good thing. :P

Keep up the good work!
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
Heh...I like the idea. The two DO have quite a bit in common...never thought about it before.

Luigi's story made me giggle a bit.
MadeUpFigment chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
I'm very impressed by this story. It's better than what I expected.

I loved how you made Roy and Wendy twins, makes the plot work even better. I love how he can relate to Luigi for being the second fiddle. I like how they somehow bonded, even if Roy is so against it. I say you nailed their personalities and Roy's accent.

My favorite parts:

When Roy tried to find a distraction, Luigi's cut.

Luigi's story. It was kind of funny and cute for some odd reason.

When Luigi tries to convince Roy that he understands him.

When Luigi tells Roy happy birthday. Perfect way to end the story.

My all time favorite part:

When Roy says he wouldn't kill Luigi. Perfect in my opinion. It really shows that Roy doesn't hate him as much as he says.

It'd be a crime not to put this in my favorite's list. I wish I could give a review worthy of this story, but this is the best I can do.

-A crappy reviewer
Aeolian Mode chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I actually liked this a lot. I'm not a fan of koopaling drama myself, but this one really made me feel for the koopalings in a way I never did before. And Luigi. He's my favorite. :3

I came here actually to see Luigi tortured, as you said by the summary, but I was in for a surprise. A nice, deep, brooding story full of descriptive emotion. I like your pacing, and I love your dialogue.

I normally write really weakly if I don't have any inspiration, like music, or a good story. After reading this, I know I'm going to get a strong entry in my own Luigi fanfic. And I'm probably going to write a oneshot or two. Or another novel, perhaps.

Nice work!
Emzem chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Interesting...I liked it, good idea!
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Wow. Wonderful. Quite good.
Cybertronian-Star chapter 1 . 1/3/2008