Reviews for The Darkness of Water
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 4/1/2002
An interesting look at Anakin's mother. I doubt Lucas's version will be anything like this, but I don't really think that matters. This is very good anyway, at least so far.
Unanon chapter 1 . 10/4/2001
Wow. This is lovely! I don't usually bother reading Star Wars fic (not exactly my chosen fandom), although I enjoy the characters and the story. You've adressed one of the many things that bothered me about Phantom Menace, Anakin's parentage. (I shudder to think that it may have been the Dark Sith himself... Palpatine? Anyway, why didn't you bother writing more? Your writing style flows nicely and has always been very readable... this story is good enough to deserve a continuation and a conclusion.

Still, I know how it is when inspiration just stops coming. Hopefully, the timid little plot bunny for this story (who I'm sure has been living quite contentedly in his corner munching goodies all this while) will push his way through his brothers and manage to nip you on the creative bottom again. _ I'm such a selfish reader... I want the rest, darn it!
Jacen200015 chapter 1 . 9/15/2001
hmmmmm
mishi chapter 1 . 4/25/2001
Yuck! Poor Shmi.

This is a good explanation. I wish you'd post more.
Achika chapter 1 . 9/20/2000
Very good ideas, all of them. Can't wait to read more of it! Interesting from the very beginning and horribly, terribly creepy at the end. And Shmi as a former Jedi Knight is quite, quite possible, judging from the self-composed way she behaves in the film. When are you going to finish it?
DNA chapter 1 . 8/4/2000
Hmmm...I have to admit, I don't ever review any stories I read on this site. If it's a well written story with potential for characterizations (both new and from the movies), that are actually believeable (as in, yes, I can see Yoda acting in the way you portray him), and a plot that's both dynamic and developing, I figure my time's been well spent reading, and other people can write the bravo reviews;) The less well written stories I've come across...well hey, who am I to judge? Everyone's got to start somewhere, don't they? Sorry for the long-windedness, but I am actually trying to say I liked your story...a lot;) And even more, what I liked was your female characterizations. So often does Star Wars suffer from lack of women (ugh, especially in the literature) who are strong and purposeful without being overtly aggressive to the point where they might as well have been male, that it sometimes is very frustrating to be a woman, and either read-or watch-Star Wars, and not think, /my god, do the script writers, and authors get their ideas for female characters from reading some teenage fashion magazine, because they have about the same amount of depth?/. I liked how you portrayed Sabe in your other story, and how you do Shmi some justice here in this story. They had depth, they had substance, they have pasts that shape them into the people we are currently reading about. Most important, they were dynamic, which, if I remember correctly from my english classes (ever sooo many years ago in highschool), is the most important element of good characterizations. Keep up the wonderful stories, and keep giving us women a voice too!;) uh, sorry for the novella
Archer chapter 1 . 7/28/2000
This is a nicely evocative story, one I found myself wishing was complete. Full of intriguing ideas that managed to make sense while restoring some mystery to the Force (that I agree was severely damaged with the disappointing and pat answers so frivolously spouted in the movie). While the story is still a bit episodic and jumpy, the writer managed to instill some wonderful emotion and the beginnings of deep, rich characterization. Ok, it is a work in progress - I anxiously look forward for further refinement and the continuation of this story. This has some great potential, please don't keep us waiting for more!
SF chapter 1 . 7/4/2000
I like this theory over Anakin's father better than Lucas' "There was no father." In my opinion, it was one of the most unsatisfying things about the movie. You have done a great job of correcting that error, and I can only hope the Powers That Be do some similar explaining in the next movie(s). :)
Katie the Lunatic chapter 1 . 7/3/2000
I think it's very good. More, please.
Harlequin chapter 1 . 7/3/2000
Good. Very, very good.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 7/3/2000
wut the hell waz that about? welcome to loserland population u!