Reviews for The New Dynasty
ForeverWells chapter 29 . 3/29/2016
So the last chapter. Not sure if I am happy about that because i hate when good stories come to an end. So what did I like...

1. The "Limbo" between life and death...to tell you the truth I'm not a huge fan of this concept, but I did like the fact that you were able to bring a little glimpse of Rachel. She needed to be in the fic in a way other than mentioning her name. I also like that her love expanded even to Hadji. It was a nice touch.

2. The return of the Cthulhu to collect Benton again...scary! I really liked that.

3. The maturity Jonny gained from the experience. I think this was my favorite part. The fact that Jonny grew emotionally was just beautiful. It really proved how you as a writer was able to convey this even though Jonny was not the center of the fic.

So well done! I really enjoyed this fic. It was so well written and so well thought out. I congratulate you on this beautiful piece.

Can't wait to read the others. :)
ForeverWells chapter 28 . 3/29/2016
Wow! That action scene with Race and the cultist was amazing! It was so graphic (in a good way). I'm telling you, I enjoy yoiur stories because you write with feeling and love. You love writing. That's why it is worth for me to take my time to read carefully and making sure to get the best of it.

And when Benton...omg Benton. I fell in love with him. What a father. What a man. It was amazing. Just like a movie. It was a very emotional chapter and you conveyed everyone's feelings so well. And the last three sentences...Beautiful!
ForeverWells chapter 27 . 3/25/2016
So whereas the last chapter was mostly all action, this one is all about the emotion. I just love how Jonny is so concerned for Jessie and Benton took my breath away. What a sacrifice. And, Race beside himself. You write so well. The last scene where Jessie is sacrificed...wow!
ForeverWells chapter 26 . 3/25/2016
This is probably my favorite chapter out of the entire novel! I absolutely loved the action and the way you wrote it was amazing! It really felt like a movie scene. Visually stunning! Great job. :)
Goddess Evie chapter 29 . 3/19/2016
SHEW!

Everything is as it should be.

Great job with this fic. These last few chapters went fast, which is a testament to your writing. I'm glad you came back to this story as well. Seriously, with how fast you were putting out these final chapters, it was obviously a story you were ready to finally tell completely.

Thanks for the ride. I'm going to check out the first chapters of the new JQ fic you started.
Goddess Evie chapter 28 . 3/19/2016
Yeah, this cliff hanger sucks.
Goddess Evie chapter 27 . 3/19/2016
Not gonna say much, cause I'm gonna read the next chapter. Mostly it's just...

Jessie.

JessieJessieJessieJessieJessieJessieJessieJessieJessie.

Reading on.
Goddess Evie chapter 26 . 3/19/2016
Before I write the review for this chapter, I just want to say that I hope you're on your way home and that the next I hear from you I hope it's from the states.

On to the review!

Back to the action! But I'm finally getting to the last chapters, so this is definitely the final fight. I mean, Benton knows it, and so do I! Without the super smart multi-PhD doctor having to tell me.

Jonny and Jessie have been acquired by the Zin twins and Jessie's arm is broken. Jonny is not going to be easy to handle. Also, acquired is probably not the right word there.

This was really a nice action packed chapter and I know the rest are going to be as well! Can't wait to find out how J&J are going to be rescued. Or maybe you threw in a super plot twist and the Zin twins win this one. Guess I'll have to read more to find out.
Goddess Evie chapter 25 . 3/17/2016
Phil is like all over the place in this chapter. One moment, he's spouting prophetic mumbo jumbo, the next he's kissing Heather, the next he's all commander in charge super soldier. The latter two I can handle, but the first one is a little weird and scary. I hope he's okay.

But Benton is being even more scared. Everything everyone said about him is spot on. Jessie's worry that he's become too obsessed with the book. Jonny's comment about Benton's hatred. And this plan he has hatched. I'm sure it's nothing good.

I both respect and am super jealous at how official you make Race sound flying that plane. I'm the author who'd totally be making stuff up hoping I sound official. But you've probably got it all laid out exactly how a real pilot would handle that situation. Awesome.

And it is one scary situation. With a cliff hanger. Which I'm going to have to live with until tomorrow. Or probably not tomorrow. It's a busy day for me tomorrow. Saturday then. Dagnabbit!
Goddess Evie chapter 24 . 3/16/2016
Another great chapter. There's just so much to comment on. I hope I don't forget anything.

First of all, you totally tricked me with the Innsmouth residents. Seriously, I thought they'd be on the Cult's and the Twin's side, but at least a few of them aren't. That little Innsmouth family that helped Corbin and Heather I now think of as the sweetest people, even though I know they are disfigured and look grotesque. If I met them in real life, I think I'd want to give them a hug for being so beautiful on the inside.

And I'm glad Corbin got some medical attention. He was badly in need of it.

And then finally to have him and Heather safe on the plane. Safe and all SNUGGLY. He totally WAS asking her on a dinner date. It's too bad I can't find me a Corbin in real life. I'd jump all over that.

Onto Benton's revelation about Rachel's death. It's just horrifying and heart-breaking. And I had a feeling Jonny was listening from the back seat, but it still hurt my heart when my prediction turned out to be true. And to be honest, I totally sympathize with Benton and I think I'd make the same decision in his place. Who would want to tell their child the truth when it could have such a deep psychological impact?

I wonder when Jonny will tell Jessie and Hadji about it. Or even more importantly, when will he reveal to Benton that he heard the entire story?

I like Commander Lucas immediately from just a few lines. Anybody who can confidently call Race a "Salty Numskull" is a-ok in my book. Which means you're going to kill him off too, aren't you? I started liking Roberts, you kill him. I liked Allen Christy by the end of his first scene, you kill him. Even more quickly than Roberts. Poor Lucas isn't going to survive the next chapter, is he? Poor guy. He deserves better. I feel like I owe him an apology. I need to stop liking your characters. It only gets them killed.

At least Heather and Phil have survived, though I'm not really worried about Phil. You love him too much to ever kill him off.

I wanted to mention this chapter that I love how your background informs your writing. There's an authentic voice there with all the military and government agents you write. Not to mention it brings a level a realism to the investigations, the bureaucracy, and especially the fight scenes. I write mostly fantasy because I'm a lot better writing fight scenes for ancient weapons than I ever would be a gun fight. You seriously just rock it all.

Wish I had time for another chapter tonight, but I've got to get myself to bed. But I made it through a few more this evening. Yea! I'll guess I'll have to wait to find out if Lucas gets killed of next chapter. HA!
Goddess Evie chapter 23 . 3/16/2016
GO HADJI That was one sick move. Sometimes I forget what Hadji's capable of but rarely demonstrates. Then you put his family in danger and suddenly he's the most formidable of the entire group.

Phil has certainly earned the reputation you've given him. I truly hope he and Heather are able to escape. The Zin's have done enough to Phil, and he doesn't need the added weight of them hurting Heather in any way.

These have been some great action packed chapters.
Goddess Evie chapter 22 . 3/16/2016
Oh. My. Goodness. Poor Corbin. I mean, seriously, that was beyond cruel. I'm not sure how he's so calm and hiding his pain so well. He should be laid out on that cot from all the pain and blood loss. That shows just what a determined, disciplined man he is.

And IS he asking Heather out on a dinner date? I'm really starting to get into the idea of the two of them.

Back in the ice cave, things aren't any better. That creature that turned into Estella was creepy. I'm glad Race wasn't fooled by it. And I'm glad Jonny went after his father. It doesn't matter if he's still mad at Benton, now way Jonny's gonna let anything happen to his pop.
Goddess Evie chapter 21 . 3/16/2016
(DANG CLICKING THE WRONG BUTTON!)

Somehow I read this chapter and didn't review it so here goes.

First of all, Heather and Corbin. I'm so glad creepy dude is DEAD! HE just made me all squirmy inside and out. But killing him just pulled them out of one fire and into an even bigger one.

Of course it's the Quest Team that's in real danger. Sheppard went all CRAY-CRAY! Should've left him locked in the plane with Allen. And the cliff hanger for that part. Yep, time to go read the next part right now.
Goddess Evie chapter 21 . 3/16/2016
Somehow I read this chapter and didn't review it.
ForeverWells chapter 25 . 3/9/2016
This was an awesome chapter! So many emotions from Phil and Heather kissing,to Jonny pouring his soul to Hadji, to Bento's determination to do the unthinkable. Wow! And then Race trying to keep it together over there! Wow!

You know, I was thinking if Race and Jessie settle their differences. I guess at this point, what she feels is trivial to what is happening in her life, but I'm curious.

There's so much going on in this story! It's amazing! You are rocking this! I absolutely love it!