Reviews for The Merry Go Round Broke Down
clara200 chapter 1 . 6/23
Good fic I think it's sad toons are racist to other toons they are no better than humans.
Red Mass chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
This is one of the most amazing story I have ever read. The feel of it felt like an actual sequel should feel like and you the author have earned my respect as well as adding this to my favorite section. Good luck and godspeed.
ilovecats86 chapter 1 . 6/4/2014
Wonderful blending for modern cartoons! The running gags were enjoyable, and the explanation for 2D to 3D is heartbreakingly understandable.
Galinda Maxwell chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
That was great! I feel so bad for the toons because I'm a big Roger Rabbit and Jessica Rabbit fan!
Toriano.Flacko chapter 1 . 1/24/2014
Unexpectedly got quite a bit of nostalgia out of this, though that said, neat way to implement every single one of the things you warned about in the start (actually thought it was a joke, but looking back at the last part that almost didn't make sense to me, even that was involved). Neat usage of visual gags (ironic since toons coined them and this is a litfic) and coloring of toon-to-digi relations.

Taking into account just how many odd things you managed to cram into it, "I see now, so a really good artist tends to know their audience's likes and dislikes very well."

i.e - That was well-written and enjoyable. We like.

LATER!
Forestwater chapter 1 . 8/31/2013
This story was really, really good. I thought the conclusion to the mystery was a little anticlimactic (especially with the literal deus ex machina of Freakazoid XD), but that final scene totally recovered it in a really shocking, but satisfying, way. Dark, funny, surprisingly mature and nuanced without messing up the original characters . . . this is everything a fanfic is supposed to be. Frankly, I'm jealous, and really upset that this doesn't have more attention. The only complaint I have is that I wish it had been broken up into chapters rather than one long shot. But still, amazing and I am just blown away.
DrRichoften chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
QUICK SOMEONE GRAB THOSE DUCKS!
Shaman Psyker chapter 1 . 8/15/2013
Great story it wasn't as funny as the original roger rabbit movie but this almost as good. I really wish you would made this a deeper multi chapter story. Other than that it was a great story and I hope to see something of continuation.
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 6/17/2013
Very, very entertaining and it perfectly fits with the tone of the film. Nice work.
MysteriouslyNotNamed.0.0 chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my GOSH. That was perhaps the best sequel to Who Framed a Roger Rabbit I've ever read. Perhaps... But it could just be that I'm a total cameo geek. And a Roger Rabbit geek, and a Freakazoid geek, and an Animaniacs geek...

Whatever. You get the drift; I absolutely loved it! You are a wonderful storyteller, and should definitely continue writing. Amazing story, two big thumbs up and one big FAVORITED! :D
Alana-kittychan chapter 1 . 10/8/2012
Wow good story ack I got to head for work now
Guest chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
Brilliant. I came looking for this after having read it years ago, because I needed some really good humour.
thefruitsong chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Wow! This is a great fanfic with an ending that I did not see coming. I loved the movie and how the toons worked in the cartoons as a 9 to 5 job. It's great to see a... Realistic reaction to the take over of CGI
MajorBachman chapter 1 . 1/24/2012
Absurd, silly, weird, illogical, absolutely not humane, bizarre... or in short: I loved it!
Anastigmat chapter 1 . 12/31/2011
A round of applause for this story! It kept the madcap, slightly sinister, business-as-usual feel of the movie while catching up with modern times. I especially liked the term 'digis,' which fits so neatly in this storyverse it reads like a canon term.

Loved the rest home for the B&W toons, the shock and sadness over how much everybody loved Buzz, all the 90s cartoon cameos (Animaniacs!), and Belle embracing the internet as only she would. Bravo!