Reviews for Recalled to Life
WanderingChild96 chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
This is beautiful. TOTC is one of my favorite books, and I've always connected Snape with Sydney Carton. The epitaph actually made me tear up a little bit. Amazing job:)
Sir Gnome the Giant chapter 1 . 7/22/2011
Sydney Carton and Severus Snape are such similar characters they could almost be the same person. They are my two favorite fictional characters of all time, and the fact you compared them together in this story is great.

I really liked this, great job.
MalikOfDarkness chapter 1 . 7/10/2011
Aww! This is a really good fanfic. Great job!
Coyote Laughs chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
Hiya,

This was very good. I enjoyed it. I really liked the interaction between Professor Snape and Luna. The literary allusion was done quite well, and it fit. Luna was spot on, the wise one hidden behind a childish mask. And a vulnerable, yet not OoC Snape, was well appreciated.

Good writing, good plot, good characterizations great story.

Great job on this.

Coyote
wvvampire chapter 1 . 1/24/2010
*sniff* This story is rather beautiful.
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 12/30/2009
And he didn't have half the fun that Sydney Carton actually did in his own life, either. A dreadful life, come to a dreadful end-at least in this story people are actually grateful for it (though of course Dumbledore has his name on the graveyard. You'd think he'd trademarked everything there at Hogwarts). Very good.
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
I like it-I really like it. Good flow and structure, and both Pearl Prynne and Sydney Carton are notable worthies I as pleased to see, and you were right. I've actually got a fanfiction on this site comparing quite another character to Pearl, but that's neither here nor there. I liked the cocoa.

Dobby, though, works at Hogwarts as a free elf and doesn't /take/ orders that way anymore, and shouldn't have to punish himself for anything any longer. That bit very aggressively failed to fit. I had to complain. It was never actually /established/ that he's free of the compulsions he was under with the Malfoys, but if he isn't then what about him would be free, hey? He hasn't got a master. It doesn't cover up the hole, anyway, since Luna could always go down to the kitchens and ask some other elf to let her in, and Padma could hardly catch every elf in Hogwarts and order them not to let Luna Lovegood into her own common room, especially when the students never normally see the elves... The exposition at the beginning was also kind of stiff.

Hm. Anyway. Good epitaph. Heh. And the line about the guillotine was very nice. Not a bad Severus, not bad at all.
honeybadger42 chapter 1 . 7/30/2009
Aw, cute story. I like it. So sad, though. Almost made me cry. Good job!
Valmarien chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I've enjoyed witnessing that conversation between Snape and Luna. Out of all the characters, she is probably the one that could invite him to let his guard down, even temporarily.

Just one tiny thing: I don't think he would have said "Young lady" when he first found her. That's too kind. I think just "You!" would have been more in character.

The ending was very fitting, too.
BlueMoonDog chapter 1 . 4/21/2009
Wow great story Now I want to read 'The Tale of Two Cities'. xD

I have read Scarlet Letter and I agree, everyone's crazy in that besides Pearl. silly silly adults...

But anyways, a very nice read. It made me sad at the end when they were at the memorial, although Luna's cheerful disposition brightened it up a bit. Great job overall. -
lazy-bum chapter 1 . 7/16/2008
absolutely brilliant! (too lazy to log in)
chocolaterox92 chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
This is really good! I'm becoming a fan of Snape / Luna fics.
JA chapter 1 . 4/18/2008
Excellent story! Sweet... sad... poetic.
Brea45 chapter 1 . 3/1/2008
REally quite good. I don't see any flaws, gramatical or otherwise. I think that if anyone would get Severus Snape to open up, if just a little, I would be Luna.
Widow767 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
This was a really good one- shot fic. I really enjoyed the display of emotions yet both Luna and Snape stayed true to there characters.