Reviews for Every New Beginning
TheRealReview chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
I really liked this story, it was very well and eloquently written. The thing that I appreciated most was that I feel you were able to communicate true grief very well. I always felt that Doku was a character I wanted more from, I love sibling relationships. It is beautiful, great job.
Hi chapter 1 . 1/8/2008
A beautiful story!

I've always thought that of all the characters in Saiyuki, what Doku has gone through is the worst.

While I think Gojyo has some hope, I think Doku is beyond that point somehow.. he just seems so far away, living because he's not allowed to die.

Oh, and I really liked this part; "You have to live for yourself - even if you decide to follow someone else, or to spend your life trying to make someone else happy, you do that because it's what you want to do."

It's something I believe in, too.

Thank you for writing this!
bardalicious chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
That was such a sad story! Q_Q I cried so hard... I loved how you pieced it together, that was very well done. I rarely see any stories where it's just Dokugakuji and Goku talking, so yeah XD
Meicdon13 chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This is DEFINITELY going to my faves list! Dokugakuji wanting to get things right REALLY touches something in me. He's always been a character I've associated with a big brother.
Mako-clb chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Okay, I'll start with the easy stuff first. It was nice that you remembered Jeep. Too often he is totally forgotten. I thought Goku's reaction was pretty dead on. If he already knew that Sanzo and the others were dead, I don't think he would go all crazy. What good does that strength do if his friends are already dead. I think you pegged Doku pretty well, too. Although I would have thought he would be a bit more upset over Gojyo's death or that he might have sought some comfort (I mean talking and such, not romantic comfort) from Kou since I've often gotten the feeling that Kou is a replacement of sorts for Gojyo. Although, that is why I can believe that Doku would sort of take Goku in like that. I think much of what Doku does is to make up for what he didn't do for his brother and did do to his mom.
ice illuser chapter 1 . 1/3/2008 sad, but really good! i liked that kougaji's mom came back...gojyo's ghost was good too. jepp though was a bit random.
orvida geri chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
wow that was so sad and yet it touch a nerve within me to love your friends and to lose all of them so suddendly can't be easy. even if you make new friends they can not replace the old one's but you can keep them in your heart and mind for eternity and nothing and no one can't take that from you. this story was simply beautiful and yet very sad. you have done a wonderful job with writing the characters.