Reviews for Summaries
CoolIce12 chapter 1 . 4/28/2013
You seem to know a lot about and what people like to read, I was wondering if you could help me with my first fanfic on here.
StrawberryDuckFeathers chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I grow sick of what you mentioned in the 'don't's', too. Thank you for uploading this. I don't normally read things that aren't fanfiction on here, but this will definitely be very helpful to those who write the summaries that are described in the 'don't's' section.

CRITIQUE:'you 100th fanfic'.'read you story'.'dedicate you appreciation'.'You' should be 'Your'.
.'characters are very ooc'. 'ooc' might be a little more correct in capital letters,since a lot of abbreviations tend to be in capitals (CD,DVD,OTP,MLP,HP,KFC and so on.)

.This is the part that will make you angry,and I apologise if it does- I don't think this piece needs all of your opinions, to be honest. 'WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU MAKE SOMEONE OUT OF CHARACTER FOR A FANFICTION!? Fanfictions is supposed to dedicate you appreciation of an author's book/movie/anything else. Why would you change a character's character? In my opinion, that is disrespectful to the author.' Same goes for the 'Are wrong and disturbing! That is my opinion.''which I don't find amusing at all.' I just don't see the need for them,really, since they don't seem to be giving any advice to the reader. It's nice that you have labelled them as an opinion and you're not acting like your opinions are fact and ANYONE WHO SEZ ANYTHIN AGENZT DEM AR STOOPID, and I like that. But I think you should leave those parts out,because I don't feel they give any advice to the reader. Sorry!
.'If you want Edward to be emo (what is wrong with you) then go write your own story and post is somewhere else.' 'Is' should be 'it',first of all. Please remove 'what is wrong with you', since people who want to make Edward Cullen emo have nothing wrong with them-it's just how they see the character. They see them differently to the way you do and,no matter how much it annoys you,you must understand that not everyone will see, or portray, your favourite character in a positive light. :)
.'Frankly, we don't care. Personally, I don't care if it is your first fanfic, or you 100th fanfic, if you are a good writer, we will review. If you are bad, people will flame.'This could be changed into something politer-'Try not to write this,since you should try and learn to take the criticism you receive. It will help you in life, not just in writing.' Learning to take criticism and bad comments with a pinch of salt is a good skill to have in life, after all. :)
.'So I think you get my point about how PEOPLE DON'T CARE.' This seems to speak for everyone, and that's a bit of a big range of people. Try changing it to 'Many people will not care and may still flame you.'

I do like most of your other points,though.
Nice job. :)

Crismebella chapter 1 . 1/29/2012
I tried and tried but I couldn't find the two 'stories' that you mention in the beginnibg of your 'story'.

I agree with what you said, I too would rather know what I'm about to read then half way thro.
DaisyIsATroublemakerThisSeason chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Author's notes are not allowed. You have been reported.

The Bad fic hater.
HiddenMagic421 chapter 1 . 6/6/2010
very helpful thanks :) I am pretty confident in my writing but my summaries suck.
lucidscreamer chapter 1 . 8/23/2009
Why are you posting a non-fiction "article" on a a fan fiction archive?
Dreamingeternal chapter 1 . 8/13/2008
That was pretty helpful and I agree with many of your points. Also, thanks to you I now know what AU and OOC stand for, which I have been trying to figure out.
TeamVampire chapter 1 . 7/31/2008
Yes, I very much agree. Well... not so much about the summaries. I personally don't like using questions, though I agree it makes a good and dramatic summary. I just say what happens. Seems to work. I always like to know what happens so I can decide in advance whether I want to read it. Vague summaries really put me off.

Everything else: excellent.
teamedward240 chapter 1 . 7/27/2008
thanx that helps

and i totally agree

i read this one where alice and bella relize their love for each other

O
Lylo West chapter 1 . 3/16/2008
I found this helpful, thanks.

Oh, and in the last 'don't', you misspelled spelling. I just thought that was funny, since you were telling people not to misspell.
Dark-Wiccan-Goddess chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
I do have to point out that AUs and OOCs work on the same level. a character will not always be in character when put in some situations. Also all Fanfiction is OOC, since it is fan written work and not work created by the original creator(author). This is not a flame - If it was a flame it would sound much bitchy-er - just some constructive criticism.
princessjob chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Nice! I'm always in favor of someone who cares about keeping high standards in fanfiction! One little comment though: you used the wrong right in YOUR summary (you used right instead of write). At first, I thought it was on purpose, but now I'm not sure...Anyway, great job!
SillyIsabella chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Thank you, first for trying to make fanfiction a better place and second for reminding me the things I don't have to do.,

I have read the fics you mentioned previously, and always recommend them, so yours will be part of that list of ‘have to read.’

There is just one tiny thing I do not agree with. maybe I've got it wrong, but aren't flames aggressive reviews?

I believe it's great for people to tell the writer they don't like the story and how to improve, cause after all, we are all here to learn. but I do not believe anybody has the right to came and insult you, cause that isn't in any way constructive criticism. The same thing is on fanfiction rules, or whatever they are called.

I hope you understand what I am saying here, and other than that I completely agree with you.

Love

Jess
amose chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
I think all the people that DO include first fanfic, etc., won't agree that you're right. It's kind of a moot point doing these 'how to' fics now.

Everyone who agrees with you will be the people who stick to this stuff already and will go "YEAH!" to this; and the people who get angry or whatever to this, are people that don't go by your opinion and will be going "BOO! SHUTUP!".

-Will there love

Will their* love

-bad speeling,

bad spelling.

Sorry. I do that a lot.

And, I think summaries are personal taste.

I don't usually read the stories with summaries that have heaps of questions in them. I prefer excerpts from the story, or a brief summary of what the story is (because that's what a summary is. Summary of a story. Haha). Questions just don't feel like a summary ...

I repeat myself a lot ...
Fiction101 chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Wow, great tips! Quick question, what does AU mean and what are lemons?