Reviews for Unbroken
Woman of Letters chapter 1 . 1/28
Supernatural Fanfiction Monthly Awards Review (January 2016):

You did a wonderful job of showing, through Sam's point of view, the tensions between Sam and Dean over Dean's selling of his soul for Sam's life. Sam is not okay with this, of course, and he wants both - his life and Dean alive with him. But Dean won't accept that Sam is pushing himself to the limit, beyond the limit, in essence putting himself in the danger zone to forestall the fate that Dean sees as set in stone.

The line you used twice, that they shouldn't care about headaches, was very well done, as well as your pprtrayal of the headache and its analogy to the lion, patiently stalking, waiting to reappear.

At one point, it seemed like there was a small tussle between the brothers, that Dean had pinned Sam, but the physical movement and dynamics of that were not clear to me and I wasn't sure if it had happened or if it was some kind of metaphorical fight - a battle of wills, as it were. I needed more concrete language to see the fight as it occurred.

I also loved your use of the theme of Sam and Dean being John's legacies and what that means for both brothers.

Thank you for a story that really brought to the fore the complexity of Sam and Dean, particularly in Season 3, with Hell looming.
CornishGirl chapter 1 . 1/28
Supernatural Monthly Fan Fiction Awards:

The clarity of language, and the word choices, work exceptionally well in conveying the degree of pain! Excellent description. Probably every reader winces!

The style is somewhat abbreviated and disjointed, but this is a strength, not a weakness, because it underscores Sam's condition, and Dean's desire to aid his brother.

The major weakness is in not adequately describing the physical positioning of Sam's body, particularly in the bathroom. It may be that the author has a clear picture, but the actual description for the reader isn't fully spelled out, so the reader is left a little confused.

Nonetheless this is a nicely understated, but very clear, straightforward h/c story. Well done!
Catasauqua chapter 1 . 1/8
Supernatural Fan Fiction Monthly Awards Review: Short Story/Canon January 2015

Your story was character perfect for the timeframe. Both Sam and Dean were strong and believable and each were easy to relate to. Using Sam's POV was an excellent choice here. It gave insight to how angry and fearful and determined he was that dialogue could never have captured. Very nicely done.

This story was well formatted, grammatically clean and had a nice plot resolution.
chrissie0707 chapter 1 . 1/3
I really, very much enjoyed Sam's headspace throughout this piece. It rang very true to character, and right for the time in canon, and impressed me. Gave me writer envy, and all that jazz. Great job.
Rebegirl chapter 1 . 9/29/2015
Another great story. I love some hurtSam and you did it perfectly. It was a great story idea I could see it as if it was part of an actual episode. You have an amazing ability to wrote dialogue that is so natural on perfectly Sam and Dean.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/5/2014
I read your other supernatural fanfictions,
And Wow.
They are really well written.
You are a brilliant writer!
CornishGirl chapter 1 . 11/9/2014
Superb story with great character exploration, beautiful nuances.
Random Ruth chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
This is brilliant! (I sound like one of those hip-hop, repeating records.) You capture Sam and Dean so well.
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 1/21/2014
Great fic, and so believable that Dean's impending deal would take its toll on Sam in the shape of migraines as he forwent sleep and food to find an out for his brother. And it brought home to Dean even more how not okay Sam was with it all.
SuperVikinggirl chapter 1 . 10/5/2013
Really well done story, thanks! I think that you really nailed down the characters of Sam and Dean and how they think!
Freya922 chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Wonderful exploration of the true cost of Dean's deal, and how that plays out in the boys' relationship.
hag123 chapter 1 . 8/23/2013
THIS IS SO GOOD. WOW. keep it up!
CrystalAlchemist chapter 1 . 7/27/2013
That was somewhat painful to read, mostly because we all know where their battle ends up, but it was really beautiful too. You characterize their relationship so well.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
Awesome. I loved how this all played out. Great characterization, great conversation. Hard stuff to get through, but you wrote it really well. :D
zekeschance chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
Wonderful story. You did an amazing job with this topic. I'm just so sorry that Dean never figured out that Sam would be lost and ripe for manipulation with him gone. It was a pivotal time and I'm glad I read this!