Reviews for The Atom that Walked into the Bar
Sijglind chapter 5 . 2/6/2014
I see you love to get emotional reactions out of your readers-so, THANKS A LOT I'M CRYING MY EYES OUT RIGHT NOW, GOD!
I want to hate you, but I can't because this was just so wonderful. So tragic, even though it made me smile a few times, even at the end. And I'm so sad right now, I can't even really think.
I'm just. No.
I'll go and read the companion piece now, because obviously I have some masochistic tendencies, and can't leave it well enough alone.
Anyway, thanks for this awesome, heartbreaking story.
gottabefree chapter 5 . 1/26/2014
This ruined me. This causes tears to fall every time I read it because it's so well-written and so Greg and so undeniably much more likely than stories where Nick and Greg do get together. The emotions are perfect, I felt my own heart twist in time with Greg's every step of the way, and you've got every character spot on. It's beautiful and funny and sad and although a part of me hates you for writing it because Greg and that ending, I absolutely adore it and you are honestly the best writer I have read from in a long time. Thank you for writing this and shattering my heart.
thepatchmatrix chapter 5 . 10/30/2012
I found your story years ago when I first discovered the wonder that is this website. This was also before I knew guests could review, otherwise you would have recieved a review from me forever ago. I just want to tell you that this is probably the best fanfiction I have ever read. It's a beautiful piece of work and everytime I read it I fall in love with it all over again.
Thank you for being so awesome!
maiko chapter 5 . 6/12/2012
oh and i forgot: i almost cried at the end, best part of the whole story
mako chapter 5 . 6/12/2012
wow, wonderful, dark peace youve submitted there.

at first i had the urge to hit u with my laptop for the end u wrote, with greg dying and so. but after thinking about it and the story i must say it is perfect. no happy ever after, no disney showdown, just a guy who fell in love - unhappily - moving on and by a freak accident dying before he had the chance. no finding another man, no getting together despite the odds - it just ends.

oh and btw you humour is great, bordering deep black.

maiko

sry for my kinda crappy english, reading is easier to me than writing, not my mother tongue
peanutsandtoast chapter 5 . 1/6/2012
AMAZING
Fallen chapter 5 . 6/1/2011
This is so amazing and beautifully written, I love it much and I'm not one to go for charector death stories, esspecially charectors I love as much as Greg but you did it so well, you made me cry so much, but you had your funny bits too, my favourite part is the ending I think. Congratulations on such a great story. And thank you very much... X
Fairedenale chapter 5 . 4/23/2011
It was a water rollercoaster of emotions! There were the falt parts (angry), the rises (the few funny parts), the falls (more depression), but it always ends up with you getting wet (whichs is the symbolism for saddness; tears). I was on the verge of tears the whole time, and I can't believe he died but I think we all knew it was going to happen the most we started reading the story. Well done, even if it was depressing, but otherwise good. Beautiful. Love ya!
Laicarka chapter 5 . 12/18/2010
The intro reminds me of the "Grave Danger" Scene, where Nick speaks into the little recorder "My name is Nick Stokes..." Was this your intention?

I printed the Whole Story out (Thats a lot of pages...) so I have something to read on the eight-hour-holiday-trainride home to my parents.

A reason to looking forward: I will sit in an overcrowded wagon that will stuck in the snow one day before christmas eve...and I will smile and laugh - because I have something incredibel good to read!

Thank you so much for your story!
Laicarka chapter 2 . 12/18/2010
"Stupid limb. Stupid esophagus. Stupid gullet. Stupid voice box. Stupid beeping!"

Thats just good! And the five opinions of "what happend" and the aliens and...

Gregs thoughts are just funny!
Laicarka chapter 1 . 12/18/2010
I really liked your intro. The first sentence has the function to catch the reader. In your case it totally works!

I didnt like slah in fanfictions, but from time to time I made a exception in case the story is worth it.

And here is no "Oh my god they are like rabbits" slash, its just "broken heart".
Florence chapter 5 . 6/11/2010
Wow, I don't think you should apaologise for this at all, DemonUntilDeath. I cried so much at the last chapter, but this story was so amazing. A few spelling mistakes, but who cares. You have an amazing talent for writing, they way the piece was structured, and the language used, made your story gripping and emotional. Amazing.
Jukka chapter 5 . 4/27/2010
Love it. And love how that simple joke has so deep meaning in the end.
cindyls1969 chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
Okay, seriously, I am going to have to reconsider if I see your name on any more stories, because I am not sure I could make it through another one like that. It was extremely well written, drew the reader in immediately and did not let go. Fantastic.
JennMel chapter 5 . 2/3/2010
Okay,so that was shockingly incredible. I say shockingly because I've never read such an honest fic before. It wasn't cliche, contrived or unemotional. Completely didn't pull any punches. It was, for lack of a better term, raw. And I seriously loved the ended explaining about the title. Just, wow.

Maybe I should stop listening to sad music when reading fics like yours, but yeah, wow, awesome story!