Reviews for Adaptation
Ferdiad chapter 40 . 12/16/2013
I never thought I'd read a story where the Comic Relief character was my favourite. Props to you man.
Joncis chapter 40 . 12/5/2013
Wow.

That was a hell of a ride. I enjoyed that more than almost any piece of fanfic I have read in a long time, and it certainly had more of an emotional impact than the vast majority of others.

Not sure if I really have anything terribly important to critique, just a few nagging details, and they are rather eclipsed by everything you did right. The character development was excellent. The tone of the story, while a bit dark at times, still felt like Teen Titans. And you ended it as well as I felt that you could, making the long buildup was worth it.

I left this review right after finishing, so I may revise my opinions a bit after a bit of time, but I'd say this ranks at the top 5 of my favorites. Thanks for sharing.
Joncis chapter 7 . 12/2/2013
Allow me to pause in my reading to say that this is SO much better than Avatar. Getting rid of the 'episode' type story structure was a good move. The fact that this story actually reads like a novel makes it a joy to read.

Reading on.
anthropomorphizer chapter 40 . 7/17/2013
...Well, I just stayed up all night reading this (not including the few chapters I read before going back to read the prequel) and I have not been disappointed - your characterizations are spot-on and your writing impeccable. Excellent work - I just hope I don't get sucked into the sequel right away… I need to rest my eyes...
Star1412 chapter 35 . 2/24/2013
Wow this chapter was awesome, from Robin making a reappearance to Cyborg's new ability. Beastboy is kind of making it his thing to invent superhero names isn't he?
Also, I hope Starfire gets back to normal soon. This is a little creepy.
AllThatGlistens chapter 29 . 2/16/2013
Wow. Just, wow. I just want you to know that if the writing were anything other than extraordinary, all these OCs and the pregnancy plot would make this a giant pile of suck. As it is, this is one of the best stories I've ever read here and the original characters are done so well and so carefully and I look forward to finishing it. I'm glad that you came back to finish this. Sounds like you were depressed and I've been there. Hang tough, if it isn't over.
Star1412 chapter 25 . 2/16/2013
Ok let me see if I've got this straight.
Bushido is in Billy Numerious's body
Revenger is in Bushido's?q
I'm thinking that either Tek or shimmer is in jinx.
Oh... Kitten has Starfire's body. So it wasn't limited to Titans and Tyrants.
Guest chapter 24 . 2/16/2013
This chapter was really cool, but it was pretty long. I love that Starfire's back! Blackfire was an evil genius to do what she did to Starfire, and I really didn't expect her to be one of the Tyrants. Especally since I wasn't sure if she had survived the Master of Game's hunt.
Star1412 chapter 12 . 2/10/2013
The true master seems like a little bit of a jerk...Wow that scene with Robin hallucinating was creepy. I was listening to very unfitting music too... But yay, Robin!
The scene where Tek and Cyborg are eating wings was cute.
Raven playing video games? That's awesome! I have to agree with her thoughts on game controllers (:
Anyway,
Jozefski chapter 40 . 7/17/2012
JEEZUS. FUCKING. CHRIST! What on earth is this story? The best piece o'fanfic ever conceived of, that's what it is. Holy moly, this blew my mind! I have been unable to stop reading this fic. You write brilliantly and inspiringly. Touching scenes, heart-racing conflicts, and the clash of powerful personalities are all part of your canvas. The TT fanbase has never before been graced with such an awe-inspiring work. The BBRae angst-fluffiness, the battle scenes, the crippling and heart-rending conclusion! Oh, and let's not forget Mr. Badass. Bushido is the sort of anti-hero that unabashedly solicits the reader's love. I couldn't care less about Tek, though...she was kind of meh...Other than that, BRILLIANT! You need to write more! MOAR!
Protagonist please chapter 18 . 5/25/2012
Do you remember reading Proven Guilty and after the end thinking, "Gee I really like Harry Dresden a lot, but I really want the rest of the series to be about secondary characters that haven't been as well developed and fleshed out as he,"? No? Me neither. Where the hell is Robin?
lucas.ingamba chapter 40 . 11/20/2011
Hey man!

I've been with you from the beginning. I've been checking back for the past two years or so periodically. Each time I hope to find something new, but each time I also come away entranced by just how amazing this story is. In any case, hope all is well. This is truly one of the best fanfictions I've ever read. Please don't abandon your pen. Or if your stuff is published now- let us know where we can find it! ]
13th Disciple chapter 40 . 11/5/2011
Your epilogue was not an epilogue. What a teaser it is! I want MORE! There will be a sequel, yes?

Adaptation was a grand, superb, epic saga. I was entranced and captured from start to finish. The way you portrayed Bushido's growth and self realization was fantastic. Red X/Ravager's characterization reminded me of a certain Shakespeare character that you've alluded to in this story, which I thought was perfectly fitting. Allie/Tek was lovable and brilliantly developed. Robin's mysterious ways were wonderfully explored and his and Starfire's estrangled romance was teasingly shattering. Beast Boy and Raven's relationship had so many levels and angles to it that it made me guessing and wondering about every single interaction, every single word. The chapter on Cyborg and his dad was heart wrenching and made me cry.

In short, your story was breathtaking, took me three whole days to read, and is probably one of the best works on fanfiction. I hope if you aren't that you will be published some day. Your writing is phenomenal. This was a wonderful, wonderful story.
13th Disciple chapter 39 . 11/5/2011
I'm feeling queasy. Only one chapter left, and everythibg is just happening way too fast. All this leaving and parting and goodbyes...
13th Disciple chapter 38 . 11/5/2011
She's not dead, she's not dead, she can't be dead...