Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Ravenclaw Codex
Blackgenius chapter 14 . 12/9/2013
Immaculate! An absolute pleasure to read! I can't say I've actually read much actual Sherlock Holmes, but I know enough about the literary period to appreciate the style. And the way you seamlessly integrated the world of Hogwarts into a Holmes' mystery was one of the most enjoyable reading experiences I've encountered within fanfiction. Congratulations on an outstanding story!
sakura candy chapter 11 . 9/12/2013
Ah, messed up again, it's Prior Incantato, while Prior Incantatem is the stuff that's triggered when 2 brother wands try to fight.
sakura candy chapter 13 . 9/12/2013
Opps, Priori Incantatem, don't know what made me write that :p
sakura candy chapter 14 . 9/12/2013
Good read, only thing improbable in this is the fact that Black never used his wand for anything else after Imperio. He might not be savvy enough to clear the Infinite Incantanum cache with a simple Lumos, but it's highly unlikely he didn't use any spells for 3 entire days.
PnDT chapter 14 . 9/9/2013
The true crime here is that this story doesn't have more reviews! Really enjoyed it - I have never seen anyone imitate the style of Arthur Conan Doyle so perfectly. Good job.
gwern chapter 14 . 9/9/2013
I think this fic did an excellent job of imitating Conan Doyle and combining the settings (Binns and Goyle are nice touches). If I have any complaint, it is that the central mystery was almost too easy and simple.
The M.H.T.of R chapter 14 . 4/5/2013
Wow. That was fantastic! I never would have thought Sherlock Holmes and magic could coexist so harmoniously, but dear, you have convinced me!

Kudos, kudos!

Tsarina
Galgalatz chapter 14 . 3/4/2013
Very nice.
Galgalatz chapter 6 . 3/4/2013
Are you aware of the differences between muggles and muggle-borns? Because you keep saying that some students in Hogwarts are muggles ( which means non-magical people) and that's impossible seeing as they have to have magic to be in the school.

The only muggles at Hogwarts are Watson and Holmes.
mainstreet52 chapter 14 . 9/15/2012
Well. This is a quite wonderful tale. It does belong in the crossover section, however. ;)
CheddarTrek chapter 14 . 8/14/2012
Okay, I have to admit - I enjoyed that more than I expected to. You did an excellent job capturing the feel of Watson and his chronicling while providing plenty of humor and relatively interesting case complete with a believable motive... all within reasonable length.

Excellent.
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 14 . 1/16/2012
Could you put it into category of Harry Potter/Sherlock Holmes crossovers? Please?

Professor listening through a keyhole? Shame on you...

Why is Holmes so angry? It's a conundrum, yes, that somebody is dry during the rain, but not a reason to lash out at him.

if I do agree to undertake this case, it promises to have several features that will make a most sensational addition to your chronicles,

Does Holmes know about magic? (Or does he guess?) Does he have a magical relative, say, a brother? Does he regard magic as the lazy way, a luxury?

Marchmont... Curious.

I mean to discover the manner of my brother's death. And then, if necessary, I mean to bring the person or persons responsible to justice.

Agree. But what did happen that Phineas had to Obliviate Marchmont's father?

I do not expect Phineas to be suspectible to flattery. I merely expect Sherlock to know of Legilimency.

Well, look all you want, Mr Busybody Holmes! You'll never find him!

So Goyle knows something.

for no true wizard would ever resort to such physical means

Oh, but a clever wizard would, to avoid leaving a magical signature.

do compliment him on the efficiency of his cleaning staff.

house elves...

He will not have got far.

Unless he used Floo. He hardly used Apparition - he is only a student. And Portkeys aren't easy to get, especially untraceable. Don't forget horses...

Godfrey is too familiar a name... Reminds me of certain student in canon of Sherlock Holmes.

Imperius?... Holmes stole Headmaster's wand? I have suspected that you are going to describe Phineas as the main villain, but I don't share this point of view... And any competent wizard would use wand holster protected against thieves.

In short, I prefer to think of Phineas as a Slytherin too clever to resort to crime, and too ambitious to attack one Muggleborn for such a petty offence as being worthy of position of Head Boy.

Good luck, Sherlock.
Czarna Pantera chapter 14 . 12/10/2011
That was just excellent. I had an impression as if I was reading a story written by Conan Doyle himself - you recreated his style perfectly. Great merge of the two worlds - a world of magic and a world based on science. The plot was well-thought-out, the characters of teachers and students from Hogwarts' of early XX century interestingly portrayed and added much to the story. So happy that you gave more space Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, who are usually ommited in the books. Liked all little details which appears in Holmes stories, which you included in your ff - remarks about Scoltland Yard's effectiveness, Watson briefly mentioning their previous cases and many, many more. Liked also that a familiar name appereas here or there, putting familiar canon characters or their ancestors in a new light.

Intresting subplot with the elder brother of Sherlock. Would love to see what he find out in the papers and documents which were left of him.

Liked the twist ending and the explanation why the things in Hogwart stayed as there were, without drawing consequences. Started suspecting who the villain might be at some point, but it was not until you gave more clear hints. Seems the connections were very tight in the magical world back then. On the second thought it didn't seem that too much changed since then.

To sum up it was on of the best stories I read here, on .
Endfall chapter 14 . 11/24/2011
This story is superior, and I find myself wondering why it hasn't recieved more attention from the users of this site.

Alas! Such are the vagaries of fate.
Less Wrong chapter 4 . 10/24/2011