Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Ravenclaw Codex
Reader-anonymous-writer chapter 14 . 1/16/2012
Could you put it into category of Harry Potter/Sherlock Holmes crossovers? Please?

Professor listening through a keyhole? Shame on you...

Why is Holmes so angry? It's a conundrum, yes, that somebody is dry during the rain, but not a reason to lash out at him.

~ if I do agree to undertake this case, it promises to have several features that will make a most sensational addition to your chronicles,

Does Holmes know about magic? (Or does he guess?) Does he have a magical relative, say, a brother? Does he regard magic as the lazy way, a luxury?

Marchmont... Curious.

~ I mean to discover the manner of my brother's death. And then, if necessary, I mean to bring the person or persons responsible to justice.

Agree. But what did happen that Phineas had to Obliviate Marchmont's father?

I do not expect Phineas to be suspectible to flattery. I merely expect Sherlock to know of Legilimency.

~ Well, look all you want, Mr Busybody Holmes! You'll never find him!

So Goyle knows something.

~ for no true wizard would ever resort to such physical means

Oh, but a clever wizard would, to avoid leaving a magical signature.

~ do compliment him on the efficiency of his cleaning staff.

house elves...

~ He will not have got far.

Unless he used Floo. He hardly used Apparition - he is only a student. And Portkeys aren't easy to get, especially untraceable. Don't forget horses...

Godfrey is too familiar a name... Reminds me of certain student in canon of Sherlock Holmes.

Imperius?... Holmes stole Headmaster's wand? I have suspected that you are going to describe Phineas as the main villain, but I don't share this point of view... And any competent wizard would use wand holster protected against thieves.

In short, I prefer to think of Phineas as a Slytherin too clever to resort to crime, and too ambitious to attack one Muggleborn for such a petty offence as being worthy of position of Head Boy.

Good luck, Sherlock.
Czarna Pantera chapter 14 . 12/10/2011
That was just excellent. I had an impression as if I was reading a story written by Conan Doyle himself - you recreated his style perfectly. Great merge of the two worlds - a world of magic and a world based on science. The plot was well-thought-out, the characters of teachers and students from Hogwarts' of early XX century interestingly portrayed and added much to the story. So happy that you gave more space Ravenclaws and Hufflepuffs, who are usually ommited in the books. Liked all little details which appears in Holmes stories, which you included in your ff - remarks about Scoltland Yard's effectiveness, Watson briefly mentioning their previous cases and many, many more. Liked also that a familiar name appereas here or there, putting familiar canon characters or their ancestors in a new light.

Intresting subplot with the elder brother of Sherlock. Would love to see what he find out in the papers and documents which were left of him.

Liked the twist ending and the explanation why the things in Hogwart stayed as there were, without drawing consequences. Started suspecting who the villain might be at some point, but it was not until you gave more clear hints. Seems the connections were very tight in the magical world back then. On the second thought it didn't seem that too much changed since then.

To sum up it was on of the best stories I read here, on .
Endfall chapter 14 . 11/24/2011
This story is superior, and I find myself wondering why it hasn't recieved more attention from the users of this site.

Alas! Such are the vagaries of fate.
Less Wrong chapter 4 . 10/24/2011
Keeps getting better!
Less Wrong chapter 3 . 10/24/2011
...why does this only have 67 reviews?
Less Wrong chapter 1 . 10/24/2011
Quite the start, and in fine Holmesian style.
Stygian Styx chapter 14 . 10/23/2011
Extremely well done.
LUFTRITTER chapter 14 . 8/31/2011
Excelent story. I don't ussually review but this was such a great tale. As a Holmes and Potter fan I congratulate you.

Keep the excellent work!
yairm210 chapter 14 . 7/5/2011
An excellent story all round! Bravo!
yairm210 chapter 7 . 7/5/2011
"without ever having the need to cross the ," Is that deliberate, or did you miss out a word?

Good job as before, I wasn't planning on another review merely a chapter later but this bit jumped out at me.
yairm210 chapter 6 . 7/5/2011
Wow, and I mean - WOW. Even ignoring the prominent interlocution that is ubiquitous throughout the lucubration of this majestic tale, the level of detail and thought put into this story is astounding!

Jolly good show! I cannot fathom why slews of beguiled and ardent devotees do not kiss the dust upon which you have traipsed!
wolf550e chapter 14 . 1/15/2011
While Holmes quoting Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is strange but possible, I don't think a 19th century Slytherin would use the term "realpolitik". Otherwise, you have captured the voice of Arthur Conan Doyle.
wolf550e chapter 8 . 1/15/2011
"and had been picked to compete in a magical Triathalon of sorts that was to be held in France the following year" in GOF we are told the Triwizard Tournament was not held for four hundred years.
wolf550e chapter 5 . 1/15/2011
A "Weasley paused here" sneaked past. Why did you change it to Weaselby?
Wednesday1990 chapter 14 . 1/14/2011
Very well done, one of the best HP crossovers that I have read. I love that you were able to capture the tone of one of Sherlock's cases so well and that you were able to create a brilliant plot. Now I'm off to check out the rest of your work ;D

-Wednesday