Reviews for Sherlock Holmes and the Ravenclaw Codex
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 1/19/2008
Marchmont, eh? A wizard, perhaps, that the family does not wish to speak of? Neat chapter, too.
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 1/19/2008
Aha! The game's afoot. Or a-train. I suspect the Headmastership of Phineas Nigellus Black was not an uneventful one...

Not to mention that pesky Gryffindor Dumbledore always sticking his nose into things (one speculates).
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
My...what an interesting start! One would think Mr. Holmes does not think well of Hogwarts for some reason.
hobgoblinn chapter 14 . 1/14/2008
Lovely story. I do hope you plan a sequel to tie up the loose ends on Holmes' brother. Regardless, you have captured the spirit of the originals- both of them, wonderfully well. Thanks for sharing this.
duj chapter 14 . 1/13/2008
Very good, very characteristic ending.
whitehound chapter 14 . 1/13/2008
Hmm - are we going to get another story telling us what happened to Marchmont?
duj chapter 13 . 1/12/2008
Well explained, but I still say an Unforgivable is an Unforgivable and a schoolful of witnesses is too many to Obliviate. I hope Holmes will be pleased with the information he's about to receive.
whitehound chapter 13 . 1/12/2008
Movement on the Marchmont issue, at last...

I'm sorry you made Phineas the villain though - he's always been one of my favourite characters.
duj chapter 12 . 1/12/2008
(sigh) I have to admit I was hoping that when he cried "That's my wand! You stole it!" he meant the one Binns was holding.

It does explain both this case and Marchmont's, but he could hardly have made the showing he does in canon had he been found guilty (as with so many witnesses to his confession he must be) of a crime carrying a mandatory Azkaban sentence. I don't see how it could be hushed up after the entire school saw it.
whitehound chapter 11 . 1/10/2008
It seems too easy to make poor old Phineas the villain, so I expect a twist.
duj chapter 11 . 1/10/2008
Rats. I thought he was the most likely, but hoped you'd choose someone else. It's quite in keeping with Conan Doyle, of course, but I don't think this character's as black as he's often painted...
hobgoblinn chapter 11 . 1/10/2008
Clever way of making the truth known- and cool that the much maligned professor Binns is the instrument of it, in a sense. Well done.
Mordac chapter 9 . 1/10/2008
Another fantastic chapter. I suspect whoever used the Imperius curse on Godfrey is also related to Holmes' brother's death? I also think you're one of the few people who can use cliffhangers adequately. One thing that did seem off, if how tedious Holmes found Binns' 'lecture' on magical criminals-wouldn't he think it would add to his encyclopedic knowledge of crimes past?

Anyway, I like your regular updating schedule. :)

I don't know if you are familiar with Agatha Christie's work, but have you considered doing a story in this format with Poirot and Hastings? :)

Cheers, and keep giving us new stories (I do realize this one is already fully written :) ).
hobgoblinn chapter 10 . 1/10/2008
This continues to be wonderful- voices and style are really well done. Look forward to more.
Maglor's finch chapter 10 . 1/10/2008
This story is getting better and better. It's good to see a Goyle who is not a brainless thug, and Holmes and Watston are still marvelously in character. I did wonder how Holmes knew about the Imperius Curse - is that some sort of clue? Has it something to do with Marchmont?

But why a crowbar? Easingwold has a wand; surely he can open a chest without using a Muggle tool?
85 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »